Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 7:53 AM
Default Infant bassinet into crib- help
I'm really tired of the bassinet as the only option for infant care, so i decided to try and make a crib in blender and just keep the rigging from the original bassinet. All is well there, but when i try to import the mesh into Sims 4 Studio I get one error "your mesh s4studio_mesh_0 has a vertex group b__L_Mid2__ that is not part of the mesh you are replacing". Any ideas as to what i should try or if this is even possible?

Thanks,
-Elizabeth
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 11:36 AM
It's probably not possible, at least not with Sims 4 Studio, because the bassinet is a geostate item and S4S is unable to work with geostates, so if you remesh it, it probably won't work correctly. (In this tutorial on their site about recolouring the bassinet, scroll down to the post by dreamteamsims of Mar 1 2016, and orangemittens's reply: http://sims4studio.com/thread/3309/...infant-clothing ). You could try your luck with TSR Workshop, which does support geostates - no idea if that will work successfully, as I don't use TSRW much and have never tried to clone the bassinet myself, but worth a try at least.

I don't know if the error message you're getting from S4S is to do with the geostate issue, or if it's something else altogether - best to ask on the S4S site about what exactly that error message is indicating. On the face of it, it sounds like the mesh you're importing has bone assignments that didn't exist in the default item you cloned from, so check your bone assignments in Blender.
Instructor
#3 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 3:30 PM
I can take a look if you can send me .blend file.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

My Tumblr