Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 9:34 PM
Default Power Aspiration?
So I decided to fiddle with the debug cheat and spawned sim modder for one of my sims, Stevie. Now I saw that there was this "Power" aspriation. Now has this always been there, or is it something "new"? I've never seen it until now, with FreeTime.

ETA: Right now, when I clicked it and set it for him, the icon for the aspiration was blank. So this may be in development...

Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 10:17 PM
I remember seeing that long before Free Time, I think ever since I had the base game. Never tried anything with it; was too scared it'd mess up my game.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 10:20 PM
Could it be one of those business perks from OFB? I remember seeing it before, too.

Inventor
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 10:24 PM
AFAIK, it has been in the game for a while, maybe even from the base game.
If I remeber right, that is the only way to activate it, it rolls wants from all other aspirations and is prone to crash your game.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Axe Gaijin
it rolls wants from all other aspirations

Universal aspiration :D?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 3:15 AM
It's an unused aspiration they didn't include and have never edited out in subsequent EP's.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Alchemist
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 4:43 AM
And it definitely causes crashes? I'd love to use it if I could!
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 5:46 AM
It's unusable. Does nothing. There's a thread and mention of it at MATY. I saw it a long time ago there. A search would probably dig it up.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 1:55 PM
That's such a shame, I know several sims who would DEFINITELY be power sims
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 7:12 PM
Aw. I thought they were developing something for the "next" EP. And I thought I was the first to find something. It is a shame that this wasn't put into the game though. I wonder what it'd be like to be a power hungry sim! And now that most of the modding community has become advanced, wouldn't it be possible to complete the aspiration? That'd lead to a whole lot of new stuff too. Imagine that?

Mad Poster
#11 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 3:12 PM
*Sorry for reviving an old thread, but keep in mind there is not point to creating a new similar thread*

The icon for the aspiration can be seen/found here: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Power_%28aspiration%29

Is there a way to get the icon into the game?
Theorist
#12 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 3:50 PM
Why do you say that this aspiration doesn't make any difference? When I stumbled into that aspiration and set it, the wants rerolled to wants related to influencing other sims. Maybe it's not for a long time, though, I never had any sim stick to that aspiration.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 4:13 PM
I think they must have changed the aspirations many times before they released the base game. Does anyone remember this trailer?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_gpDeSgkZY
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 4:27 PM
I've never seen that one before lol!!!

The guy changing into maids outfit at the end had me cracking up!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 4:32 PM
If i want to insert the icon into the game, will i need to tweak the game files for the aspirations in SimPE? Where are the files for aspirations?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#16 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I think they must have changed the aspirations many times before they released the base game. Does anyone remember this trailer?

I so loved those trailers - I really wanted the rioting kids with the baseball bats and the fire-breathing kid from the other trailer ... and the swinging on the ceiling fans.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#17 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 9:24 PM

I just watched that 3 times trying to pick out anything that had actually made it into the game. The aliens with the anal probes were hysterical.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 9:29 PM
Wasn't the blond kid in the first scene Vidcund?!?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#19 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 10:17 PM
I didn't see it at first, but rewatching it it sure looks like him! His lips look kind of thick for Vidcund, but maybe they were like that when he was a kid. I've never seen him aged down, so I wouldn't know.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 10:42 PM
if only they had created the game to function exactly like that trailer or any of the trailers i've seen lol. The children seem to always have a sense of being more fun because they aren't so restricted.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 6:56 AM

The beehive hair makes another appearance The maid is wearing it in the Romance Aspiration scene. They used that hair in almost every trailer, I wonder why they took it out (not that I'm complaining).
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#22 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Wasn't the blond kid in the first scene Vidcund?!?

Is that you Vidcund? That would make the other kid Lazlo then.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
#23 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 3:00 PM
The Power aspiration was an aspiration that was supposed to be a combination of Fortune and Popularity.
It appears to be unfinished, but the wants are from Fortune and Popularity.
Read about it here: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Power_(aspiration)
Banned
#24 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 7:50 PM Last edited by MattShizzle : 25th Jul 2012 at 11:12 PM.
Going around the wiki articles it won't work if you don't have NL - that's where the Sim Modder was added to the spawn options.

eta link above is broken - for some reason the last parenthesis isn't part of the link.
#25 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MattShizzle
Going around the wiki articles it won't work if you don't have NL - that's where the Sim Modder was added to the spawn options.

eta link above is broken - for some reason the last parenthesis isn't part of the link.

Oh wow, thanks! Your info is very helpful. I mean it does make sense that the Power aspiration would be introduced in NL, since they introduced the Pleasure aspiration and no other EP comes with a new aspiration.
Page 1 of 2