Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#6351 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
from my understanding, that is part of Apartment Life's Reputation system; or maybe that expansion's "networking". Apartment Life's Prima Guide is more in-depth with both.

Its part of the Apartment Life Reputation system. If a Sim has a "bad" reputation (based on how they interact with other Sims), they will have consequences for their reputation, such as paying more in buy mode, more expensive rent if they live in an apartment, getting demoted at their job, becoming the office Pariah, etc.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6352 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 4:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Its part of the Apartment Life Reputation system. If a Sim has a "bad" reputation (based on how they interact with other Sims), they will have consequences for their reputation, such as paying more in buy mode, more expensive rent if they live in an apartment, getting demoted at their job, becoming the office Pariah, etc.

I wonder if you could ever get such a bad reputation that people are afraid to put the prices up on you. XD
Mad Poster
#6353 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 5:23 PM
What does "power idle" do ? How shall I use it?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#6354 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 5:44 PM
It makes them stand around (or sit, if it won't get in the way) until one of their motives drop, then they'll go pee/eat/whatever. It works best if you have bathroomusesyou and stuff.

You can also queue up other actions in front of it and they'll go back to power idling afterwards. I use it for pregnant Sims a lot.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#6355 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 5:40 PM
I discovered that a baby Sim will react negatively if another Sim tries talking to it while their needs are low (such as hunger or a dirty diaper). The initiating Sim will get a minus in relationship, but the Sim holding the baby still gets a plus.
Mad Poster
#6356 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 10:58 PM
Not playing sims but while reading the wiki; several university sims have random family ties to other sims. I already knew about Marla Briggs and Chaz Whippler seeing each other as siblings (and incorporated that into my game play) but Jane Stacks recognises Sam Thomas as her daughter and vice versa... not sure how that would work

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Top Secret Researcher
#6357 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 11:05 PM
Jane's the Mom Friend. Obviously.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Theorist
#6358 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 1:12 AM
It's easy to fall into boring game play--get up, go to work, go home, tend to the pets, clean up, eat go to bed....Especially if you have a single Sim who doesn't interact. Have to get those needs up with maxmotives and get her out and about or I become bored very fast. I mindfully allowed her to talk to one of the witches hanging outside that bakery in Downtown (or is it Blue Water?). I usually ignore all supernaturals in all versions of the Sims (hate them) but felt this might lead to something new...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#6359 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 6:52 PM
For the first time, I got the "Can't you see I'm in a bad mood? I don't feel like it" messagebox. Corina DeShong's fun meter had plummeted pretty badly while during homework and the thought of reading a cookbook afterwards didn't appeal to her, even though she'd rolled a want to increase the cooking skill.

Also I have a custom acoustic guitar (Crisps&Kerosene, maybe) that makes electric guitar noises.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6360 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 10:48 PM
I once sent a YA with a low fun meter to the music school on campus. She was Knowledge and had a want to raise her Creativity skill. When she arrived I tried to have her practice a musical instrument and got "Can't you see I'm in a bad mood? I don't feel like it." I tried another musical instrument and a chess table and got the same response every time. I gave up on her and left her alone with free will on. She decided on her own to go practice the first musical instrument.
Mad Poster
#6361 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 11:27 PM
I guess its because they're flagged as skilling objects rather than fun ones?

Scholar
#6362 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I once sent a YA with a low fun meter to the music school on campus. She was Knowledge and had a want to raise her Creativity skill. When she arrived I tried to have her practice a musical instrument and got "Can't you see I'm in a bad mood? I don't feel like it." I tried another musical instrument and a chess table and got the same response every time. I gave up on her and left her alone with free will on. She decided on her own to go practice the first musical instrument.

What gets me is when they decide for themselves to play an instrument, chess, or whatever, then pop up the "Can't you see I'm in a bad mood?" message, then go back to it again, and pop up the message again - over and over. I've had them do it half a dozen times on the trot.

My discovery of the day: Pregnant YA Sims are not pixellated when nude.
Mad Poster
#6363 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 7:37 AM
While testing a mod, I discovered that if you have a family sim's spouse move out without them, they cry when it's time to say goodbye.
Lab Assistant
#6364 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 8:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
While testing a mod, I discovered that if you have a family sim's spouse move out without them, they cry when it's time to say goodbye.

I don't think this is limited to family sims - I swear I've had it happen with a popularity sim in my game.
Mad Poster
#6365 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 8:55 AM
Well, I had two couples, and moved out one half of each of them, and only the family sim cried. I don't remember what the other's aspiration was, though.
Instructor
#6366 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 8:59 AM
Maybe it depends on aspiration, relationship level and sim personality - or the three of them together?
Anyway, it's one of those details that makes this game so lovely. I think it's even better than moodlets and emotions.
Mad Poster
#6367 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 7:07 PM
A want to "Change into PJs".

Quote:
Sometimes a Sim wants to feel snuggly. To have your Sim get into their PJ's, click on a Dresser or Armoire object and choose "Change into PJs".

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#6368 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrewInTheSky
Maybe it depends on aspiration, relationship level and sim personality - or the three of them together?

Quite possibly! For data purposes, my cryer is Popularity/Knowledge aspiration, personality of 0/8/6/5/6, and had a maxed-out relationship & two bolts of chemistry with her wife when the moving-out happened.

I wonder if the niceness-over-five is what's doing it, actually, since they're also the ones who cry when insulted?
Mad Poster
#6369 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 6:51 PM
Not while playing Sims, but I learned that you should never smoke around a computer. I just took a look at my mother's computer and there's this thick layer of dust that wouldn't blow out with the compressed air. It smelled awful too.

If it does that to your computer, don't think too hard about what it does to your lungs.

So just a public service annoucement. Be kind to your computer. If you must smoke, go outside to do so.

Mad Poster
#6370 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 11:02 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 11th Sep 2018 at 1:09 AM.
It's not quite the same, but when Gloria got her dishonourable discharge from the military (a monumental injustice if I say it myself), initially she was in too bad a mood to pick up the paper and look for another job. It was only Andrew's persistence with every positive interaction that she would accept, including "Cheer up", that finally persuaded her to relent and look at the job adverts. There was an opening advertised in the Athletic career -- Gloria's LTW. She took the job and hasn't looked back since. Today she's one of Veronaville All-Stars top players.

My own new discovery today: Ginger Newson took a drink of juice out of the fridge ("Have a Snack / Juice"). I noticed that was well as her Hunger meter going up, her Energy level went up too. Presumably this works for children too. If so, it probably represents the only in-game way I have of raising a child's energy level without them going to sleep. I believe children can also raise energy by drinking hot chocolate, but that comes with some EP I haven't got. I suppose the effect will be quite small. Maybe there's a little caffeine in the juice

[EDIT] It looks like it doesn't work for children after all. When Gabriella Newson drank juice out of the fridge, her Energy continued to drop. Pity.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#6371 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 11:16 PM
stretchskeleton works in Create-a-Sim.

Forum Resident
#6372 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 11:29 AM
if you have a wedding but the party is bad
just set fire to a tree
and the party is easily successful.

I build small houses *^*
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6373 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 12:53 PM
Why do I never get invited to those parties?
Mad Poster
#6374 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 4:54 PM
One day I will make my self sim, and she will wear pajamas all day long She will have at least 20 different sets too - and she will set the trees on fire if the party sucks.
Mad Poster
#6375 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 5:08 PM
I just discovered that when looking through downloads on here, Mod the sims signs me out when trying to thank the creator. At first I thought it was me or maybe just one creators download, but it is every download, I am signed out on the comment page.
Page 255 of 444