Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#10801 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
Okay, this is a SFS question. I hope someone can answer quickly. AndrewGloria gave me a code and I am uploading the Chris hatch stuff I have to it. She also sent me a pic showing me where to find the sharable URL so I can direct people there. only, I don't have that option! When I go to my page, I don't have the URL listed anywhere! I took a screen shot so if anyone wants to p.m. me about it I can show them, but since I still can't figure out how to post screen shots or how to use spoiler tags (don't try to explain. It's sweet of you to do so, but I've had them explained to me a hundred times and still can't do it). But I HAVE been able to upload stuff to the SFS and the files really are there. I just need to know how to direct people to the site.

Thanks a million.

He - he sent you a link
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#10802 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 6:17 PM
http://www.theninthwavesims.com/201...ts-for-all.html these are lots I'm talking about. The Conflicting Castles.

Oh, I didn't notice the cautioned disclaimer that it may be imcompatibe in there. Still, doesn't make sense why it would require me to have BV when the premade itself came with just AL. Could it be that the game is misinterpeting and reading it wrong?
Mad Poster
#10803 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 6:42 PM Last edited by smorbie1 : 24th Nov 2017 at 7:48 PM.
Thank you, guys.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534

If anyone needs anything else, let me know. Seriously, thank you, all of you.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#10804 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 7:59 PM
Quick question: The other way, my video card driver spontaneously crashed while loading the game. I also had a dozen Chrome tabs open while waiting for the game to load, but they were all on primarily text-based pages. The last time my graphics driver crashed is when my video card was dying. How much should I worry?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10805 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
http://www.theninthwavesims.com/201...ts-for-all.html these are lots I'm talking about. The Conflicting Castles.

Oh, I didn't notice the cautioned disclaimer that it may be imcompatibe in there. Still, doesn't make sense why it would require me to have BV when the premade itself came with just AL. Could it be that the game is misinterpeting and reading it wrong?

They were packed up in someone's game environment, it's that environment that matters not what they came with. If they have BV installed, according to the in-game installer, you will need BV to install the lots.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#10806 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 12:12 AM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 25th Nov 2017 at 4:41 AM. Reason: punctuation
Quote: Originally posted by LilSister
There is a Monique computer in every household in my neighborhood; and I've enabled autonomy for some of the functions. I also love that bank accounts gain interest. My fortune Sims open bank accounts for their babies when they are first born. I think of it as their college trust fund. Once the account is opened by the parents relatives can also contribute funds to their accounts.

Yes, and it's also handy that all of Monique's functions are available on community lots. Not all of my sims want or can afford a computer, so it's great to be able to do their online banking etc. from an internet cafe or library.
Theorist
#10807 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 1:05 AM
So if I was to get Monique's computer ... which do I get? I hers here on MTS and then I saw 2 over at InSim supposedly updated by Chaavik one for AL and the other was some issue or other.
Mad Poster
#10808 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 1:05 AM
If you have all the EPs, I'd get Chaavik's version.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#10809 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 1:18 AM
If you'd like more variety, Sigmundsims has 3 Macintosh and several Sims3 and Sims4 conversions that use Chaavik's update of Monique's computer functions.

http://sigmundsims.tumblr.com/post/...acked-computers
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10810 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 1:38 AM
You need either the updated one by Chaavik on InSim and or the ones on Tumblr, I have both. The best one on InSim is the lap top.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10811 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 1:52 AM
One more time...So I have a mega hood, and know I can move SIMS from one sub-hood to another (from the bin). But to move their house would have to put a "stay shrub" on it, and move it separately. I've heard that moving the house with sims IN it will cause shrapnel (you know what I mean). Correct? WHY?!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#10812 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 1:56 AM
When you move a house with Sims in it to the bin, it essentially rips out their character files from the neighbourhood (as the lot bin is used through all neighbourhoods, rather than per-hood) and leaves a big mess behind. Then putting them back in creates even more of a mess.

Stay shrub isn't entirely the best solution either, as it leaves behind Sim references (though how dangerous those are is up to debate), but there's tutorials to clean those out in SimPE.

Mad Poster
#10813 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 2:09 AM
"..the lot bin is used through all neighborhoods, rather than per-hood" --translation? I was talking about 1 main hood, and a bunch of attached business hoods...but assume you just mean what I had surmised - that there is "SOMETHING" about sims being in a house when they are moved to another sub-hood, that shreds character files. Which just seems bizarre; you can move Sims that way, you can move houses that way - but not both TOGETHER. And I didn't know that about the Shrub! yuch

Mad Poster
#10814 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 2:17 AM
When you move an occupied lot to the lot bin, it removes your characters from the neighbourhood in the same way as deleting them from the family bin. Then putting them back in will transfer their incomplete character files back in - as well as a lot of other incomplete files. This messes things up pretty badly.

The lot bin is shared between all the main hoods. If you have just the base game, Pleasantview, Strangetown, and Veronaville all access the same lot bin. However, they all have different family bins.

Mad Poster
#10815 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 2:44 AM
So even though I'm not moving between main hoods, but between hoods in a Mega-hood (1main hood, 1 downtown, 5 business hoods), the same problem happens. This is just wrong and I protest (no, not serious. Just cute Gamma stomping her fat little foot)

Mad Poster
#10816 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 2:56 AM
It's a stupid game design honestly.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10817 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 3:08 AM Last edited by maxon : 25th Nov 2017 at 3:24 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
"..the lot bin is used through all neighborhoods, rather than per-hood" --translation? I was talking about 1 main hood, and a bunch of attached business hoods...but assume you just mean what I had surmised - that there is "SOMETHING" about sims being in a house when they are moved to another sub-hood, that shreds character files. Which just seems bizarre; you can move Sims that way, you can move houses that way - but not both TOGETHER. And I didn't know that about the Shrub! yuch

When you move a lot with sims in it, the game sets them up to be independent of the neighbourhood they started in and enable them to be transferred to any neighbourhood with all their history APPARENTLY intact. EAxis seem to have expected when you did that that what you wanted to do was move the sims to a new neighbourhood completely.

That is to say, when you move a lot via the bin* to a new location with the family in situ, any connections your sims had with the outside world - say with family living on another lot, or sims they are friends with or, in fact, any sim or NPC they happened to be on lot with and made a connection with (you know all those zero relationship connections they make in their relationship panels) - is duplicated. Yes, that's right - to move the lot, the game makes copies of every single sim your family of sims had a connection with - and all the relationships and so on. Then when you place the family in a new neighbourhood, or even in their original neighbourhood, say in a sub-hood, the game copies into that neighbourhood's folders all those sim files and bits of data because in order for the sims to APPARENTLY have their histories intact, the game has made dummy copies of everything (hence, the relationships they have with 'family' members that may not exist in the new neighbourhood are in fact relationships with completely new sim instances - and they're not complete files either). The original relationships are all severed. That's the mess ihate was referring to. It damages both the neighbourhood you move them from and the one you move them to. It's really clear that EAxis simply didn't expect players to play neighbourhoods for any length of time and they don't seem to have seen any need to clean up the transfer process (or, you know, stop it altogether - which is what you are advised to do for yourself in order to avoid catastrophic levels of corruption).

*you can move safely with the hand tool

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10818 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 3:27 AM
Rule 1. Never ever move an occupied lot into the bin. (this includes sims, pets or graves/urns) Before moving an unoccupied lot to the bin-say you moved out the family and still want to use it. I would check for invisible sims on the batbox, also use CH lot cleaner and I would use SimPE to remove all the sim references.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10819 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 3:30 AM
Cyjon's Lot Inspector is good, too: http://cyjon.net/node/430

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10820 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 3:40 AM
The more the merrier, best to scrub the heck out of any lot before reuse.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10821 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 4:23 AM
Grammapat=cooties; Grammapat's Sims=dangling cooty segments.

Mad Poster
#10822 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 4:39 AM
Yes, it's annoying that we have to deal with that limitation but it is what it is Stay things shrub to make the stuff stay, put in lot bin, clean sim references, put in the hood you want and move the family back in. Stay things shrub and cleaning references makes the lot cost virtually nothing so you shouldn't even need to cheat them money and then remove

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Test Subject
#10823 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 5:37 AM
Something weird happened while I was playing today. Patricia Kim, a teen, had her first kiss with a good friend of hers so they immediately fell in love. I looked in her memories and the most recent one was "Had 2 Loves at Once." Weird. Well, I looked in her relationship panel and didn't see anyone else she was in love with so when I closed the game I checked in SimPE.

She wasn't just in love with one other person, she had crushes on multiple adult townies, was marked as married to an adult playable sim, and had a love tag with that playable's husband! I undid it all (hopefully correctly), but I wanted to ask if this was normal behavior for the game. I know the engaged flag can get set randomly, but I didn't know a sim could randomly get a crush on multiple people they've barely (and in some cases, never) interacted with.
Mad Poster
#10824 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 7:19 AM
There's an alternative to the Stay Things Shrub. It's a "For Sale" sign made by Mootilda and Phaenoh and it keeps the plumbing, appliances and lighting fixtures - all the things that would stay behind in a real house.

Quote:
This little sign is a handy thing to plant in your yard right before you leave home for good. It will automatically keep your beautifully designed kitchen and bathroom built-ins, all light fixtures, and give you proper value for it when you leave. Based off Inge's StayThingsShrub; Programmed by Mootilda, mesh/texture and minor coding by Phaenoh, MTS.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=537238
Mad Poster
#10825 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 8:03 AM
In Pescado's test folder, does anyone know what the mods do?

Page 433 of 1339