Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by .Krell
I posted my skintone here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...583#post4491583

Well, that worked. In theory you could make a hyper realistic skin 'overlay'. Pores, and all that jazz, with the actual skin tone transparent. The color is provided by the original skin tone and the detail added with an overlay. This really covers 99% of skin mods. Different color skins would have to be full on rekins or they'd cover up muscle definition, nose and eye contours.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by .Krell
I posted my skintone here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...583#post4491583

That was fast! The skin looks amazing!

The Sims Forever
Instructor
#28 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 5:02 AM
I think I'm gonna have to take a look at those skin files. I want to make the default skins less ashy without having to get rid of all the different presets and details. Is it even possible?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 9:12 AM
@.Krell: Nice, but why 500-100 layers? It looks like a Photopshop painted skin lol Which files have you replaced for your download?
@ HP: So TS4 isnt using bump maps or even normal maps for skins at all. If yes, my lfe is over. Im the bump mapper for real
@tonic: But a realistic skin with no bump/normal maps is the worst thing ever :'(

♘ visit my tumblr here
Instructor
#30 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 11:56 AM Last edited by DiAnkhiar : 21st Aug 2014 at 8:41 AM.
At first I thought all of those individual body and facial details were achieved through bump maps, but then we learned about the hundreds of different little skin patches they are made of. It really sounds horrible. Making completely custom skins sounds very off-putting. I still want to take a look at those files see if I can deashify them; doesn't sound too hard but I'm just guessing here. I've been slacking.

EDIT: I have no idea how to deashify a skin, when the hundreds of greyscale layers are what makes them ashy in the first place. Unless the custom skins are made into something else, but then the different muscle definition and fat definition, as well as different facial feature wouldn't work at all.

Blah.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 6:07 PM
Sorry to intrude, I've been looking to recolor these skins since I got the Demo.
Now, if I were to recolor and it were successful, do I install the same as I would regular CC: /Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 Create a Sim Demo/Mods ???

Sorry, I am ~le n00b~ but damn determined to make some alien-esque skintones!
Instructor
#32 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 3:21 AM Last edited by DiAnkhiar : 21st Aug 2014 at 7:26 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by gh0stic
(...)
Sorry, I am ~le n00b~ but damn determined to make some alien-esque skintones!

You better share them after you're done!
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...bodytextures.7z

I like having things organized, so I put the images in groups, in 4 different PSD files, but you can combine them if you want. Maybe someone will find this helpful.

Some of those images are kinda creepy. I feel like a few of them don't even belong there, but who knows. And there's also a few I think are missing, but those would be part of the skin detail category mainly, not skin per se. Though, there is one of the wrinkle options in there.

Download HERE.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 5:25 PM
oMF thank you!!!
I'll definitely be sharing whatever skins I make. Idk how long it'll take since there are literally SO many things to edit from the provided links!

My next question would be, when its packaged via S4PE do I install it like I do every CC or is there something special I need to do? I don't want to crash the demo lmao.
Instructor
#34 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 3:06 PM Last edited by DiAnkhiar : 23rd Aug 2014 at 3:19 PM.
How do you export an item as its own package file from the fullbuild file? I want to export one of the main skintone textures and replace it, see if it works.

EDIT: I made a new package file, extracted the skin base to there, then replaced it with the updated one, and saved it. Obviously a package file with a texture alone inside is not going to do anything. So my next question, how do I make a default replacement of one of those main skintone base presets?

Sorry for all of the noob questions.
Instructor
#35 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 10:02 PM
That area at the top right is for hair, you are correct

(Ignore those black lines...dunno where they came from)

Screenshots

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 11:42 PM
what I like to know is when the game is installed will the cc even work in the game? cause this is just a Demo just need to know when I install the new Sims 4 game will I need to un install the Demo? Anyone know this? TY
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 12:17 AM
i say yes. just save your mods folder to your desktop and place it back in when the game is installed. i see no reason why they wouldnt work. EA by now MUST know the simming community does play with CC and itd be shit if when we installed full game it just stopped working.
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
#38 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 7:39 PM Last edited by MaclimesZero : 27th Aug 2014 at 1:11 PM.

Would it be possible to get something like the right side of the image for the whole texture map? It would be really convenient for those of us who like to play with textures, but are having trouble lining up where things wrap around.

Or at least some general instructions on how to do this in Milkshape?
Test Subject
#39 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 6:28 PM
Can anyone tell me where I want to be looking if I just want to see the skin color overlay files, and not the textures? And if I decide I want to try editing them, should I do it in the CAS demo instead of my game so I don't accidentally bork things up?
Test Subject
#40 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vadkins
Can anyone tell me where I want to be looking if I just want to see the skin color overlay files, and not the textures? And if I decide I want to try editing them, should I do it in the CAS demo instead of my game so I don't accidentally bork things up?

They are in the package files in the folder: ~\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Data\Client\ClientFullBuild*

There does not appear to be a particular order, at least when viewing in s4pe, and they are scattered throughout each file. They are part of the .dds set of images that have the UNKN Tag at the moment in s4pe. (there are quite a few lines to sift through to get them)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 9:06 AM
@MaclimesZero I gonna upload some UV map guides on my blog soon :P

So guys, I have a different question. Has anyone already put S4 rigs together? In a collada file etc.? Or in a blender file?

♘ visit my tumblr here
Page 2 of 2