Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 9:25 PM
Default Anyone can help me with this CC? (TS4)
Hi! I've been editing a TS4 EA mesh to make my own. This is the first time i did this so i was very happy when i finished it.
But the result is not what i wanted it to be.
The new mesh only works when my sim wears a hat. Can someone help me?
There is some in-game screenshots :

Advertisement
Stupid people are stupid
#2 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 8:59 AM
Moved thread.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 10:31 AM
With hair meshes lodx_2 is your main hair without hats, lodx_1 and lodx are meshes with 2 different hat styles (x is your lod, numbers are mesh part). Are you sure you imported your mesh to correct lod?
In this case it should be lod0_2 for cas detail level, lod1_2, lod2_2 and lod3_2 for lower detail levels.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 11:28 AM Last edited by overdiive : 15th Nov 2014 at 11:43 AM.
Hello, thanks for your answer!
Indeed i think didn't modified the lodx_2 but the lodx_0 (i'm using S4Studio and i modified the "LOD 0" mesh)
So have i to modify the LOD 2 mesh?
Edit : I imported my mesh with S4Studio to the LOD 1,LOD 2, and LOD 3 meshes, but the problem still is there. I don't understand what i should do, should i try again by modifying only the LOD 2 mesh?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 11:58 AM
You need to modify your LOD0_2, LOD1_2, LOD2_2 and LOD3_2 meshes to contain your full custom hair mesh. As Notegain said, LOD0_0 and LOD0_1, LOD1_0 and LOD1_1 and so on, are the 'hat chop' meshes, into which you have to import a version of your full custom mesh with the top chopped off to fit under hats.

There's a useful tutorial about the components of TS4 hair meshes on the Sims4 Studio site, here: http://sims-studio.proboards.com/th...hair-components
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 12:06 PM
I understand my mistake now, i modified "s4studio_mesh_3" instead of the first one with Blender. Thank you for the tutorial i was actually looking for one but you were faster than me haha. Hope i could share my meshes with you one day! Thank you a lot to you both ♥
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 1:04 PM
I have a last question : can i copy the s4studio_mesh_3 to the s4studio_mesh_2? I don't want to restart all the work i did (even if it is not like i did a super thing...) because it took me time. If I can, how can I do this? I tried to drop the mesh_3 to "Set parent" on the mesh_2 by copying it but it does not show up in the CAS, i'm a little bit confused
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 1:12 PM
I don't know anything about blender, since i don't use it, but did you try changing their names only? That may work if sims 4 studio uses their names to identify the meshes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 1:18 PM
I just tried it, and i got an error :

Code:
System.AggregateException: Une ou plusieurs erreurs se sont produites. ---> S4Studio.Blender.BlenderException: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "<string>", line 29, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\Utilisateur 1\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.70\scripts\addons\s4studio\cas\blender.py", line 34, in save_geom
    set_context('EDIT', mesh_object)
  File "C:\Users\Utilisateur 1\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.70\scripts\addons\s4studio\blender\__init__.py", line 60, in set_context
    if bpy.context.mode != mode: bpy.ops.object.mode_set(mode=mode)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.70\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 188, in __call__
    ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
RuntimeError: Operator bpy.ops.object.mode_set.poll() failed, context is incorrect

à S4Studio.Blender.BlenderUtilities.RunBlender(String script, String blend, Boolean background, Boolean check_version)
   à S4Studio.Blender.BlenderUtilities.ImportGeom(String custom_blend, String custom_geom, String cut)
   à S4Studio.MainWindow.<>c__DisplayClass56.<ImportFromBlenderButton_OnClick>b__54() dans c:\workspace\thes4studio\TheS4Studio\S4Studio\MainWindow.xaml.cs:ligne 485
   à S4Studio.LoadingScreen.<>c__DisplayClass2.<Show>b__0() dans c:\workspace\thes4studio\TheS4Studio\S4Studio\LoadingScreen.xaml.cs:ligne 38
   à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
   à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
   --- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---
   à S4Studio.LoadingScreen.<>c__DisplayClass2.<Show>b__1() dans c:\workspace\thes4studio\TheS4Studio\S4Studio\LoadingScreen.xaml.cs:ligne 48
   à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   à MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
---> (Exception interne #0) S4Studio.Blender.BlenderException: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "<string>", line 29, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\Utilisateur 1\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.70\scripts\addons\s4studio\cas\blender.py", line 34, in save_geom
    set_context('EDIT', mesh_object)
  File "C:\Users\Utilisateur 1\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.70\scripts\addons\s4studio\blender\__init__.py", line 60, in set_context
    if bpy.context.mode != mode: bpy.ops.object.mode_set(mode=mode)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.70\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 188, in __call__
    ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
RuntimeError: Operator bpy.ops.object.mode_set.poll() failed, context is incorrect

à S4Studio.Blender.BlenderUtilities.RunBlender(String script, String blend, Boolean background, Boolean check_version)
   à S4Studio.Blender.BlenderUtilities.ImportGeom(String custom_blend, String custom_geom, String cut)
   à S4Studio.MainWindow.<>c__DisplayClass56.<ImportFromBlenderButton_OnClick>b__54() dans c:\workspace\thes4studio\TheS4Studio\S4Studio\MainWindow.xaml.cs:ligne 485
   à S4Studio.LoadingScreen.<>c__DisplayClass2.<Show>b__0() dans c:\workspace\thes4studio\TheS4Studio\S4Studio\LoadingScreen.xaml.cs:ligne 38
   à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
   à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()<---

i think i'm just gonna start again this mesh because it gets worse and worse...
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 1:21 PM
Well, i somehow managed to do that but it didn't work. I'm trying something else now, nope, i couldn't.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 1:23 PM
Do you want me to share my mesh?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 1:26 PM
There may be no need to start again, since i don't know how to use meshing capabilities of Sims 4 Studio, i can suggest you to use CASTools to export your edited mesh from the incorrect lod and import it back again to the correct lod.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 1:28 PM Last edited by overdiive : 15th Nov 2014 at 2:12 PM.
Okay, i'll try it later, thanks for your help!
Edit : I tried it but i don't know which one to export and i can't open it with blender, it tells me an error (as always -.-)
Screenshots :

do you have a tutorial with this software? I don't really know how to use it
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 3:45 PM Last edited by Notegain : 15th Nov 2014 at 4:19 PM.
Well, you can send the package and i'll look at it in milkshape and fix it, it's ok, since i'm used to using CASTools and milkshape, but have no idea about blender and S4Studio.
You can always ask for a better and easier way in Sims4Studio forums btw, i totally forgot about this, they would know better and you would learn how to do this without needing to learn or use another program.

There's a newer version of CASTools , btw.

Or if you want to do it yourself, or want info about what i'm going to do with it:
1. open in castools
2. export in obj format
3. import the obj to blender (milkshape for me) to find which one is your edited mesh and where you must import it.
4. don't close CAStools or mesh list may change.
5. When you found which one is yours, export your mesh in s4 format from CASTools, not the one in blender.
6. import your mesh to correct lod in s4 format (you must also find the correct lod)

Chopped meshes have a smaller size you can guess which one is yours looking at them.

It looks like this normally but it doesn't show lods probably because it was exported and imported back with S4studio
Screenshots
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 4:04 PM
Default ok
right the problem with your cc is y need blender its free and y can use it for the sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 5:16 PM Last edited by overdiive : 15th Nov 2014 at 5:54 PM.
I didn't succeed to do it, the mesh still has the problem. I think i just didn't find the correct .obj
I will just entirely start the mesh again, anyway it sucks haha. Thanks for all the time you waste helping me, you've teached me useful things that i'll need!
Edit : I can't use TS4 CAS Mesh Tools bc when i try to import a .simgeom in blender i always get an error & it never works
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#17 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 7:13 PM
In the latest CAS Tools you can export the mesh as both TS4 and as OBJ in the Package Mesh Import/Export tab, edit the OBJ in Blender, export it as OBJ, use CAS Tools Auto Convert to convert the OBJ back to TS4 simgeom using the TS4 mesh you exported before as the reference mesh, then import it back to your package. This whole process is new and needs more testing but it's there if you want to try.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by overdiive
I didn't succeed to do it, the mesh still has the problem. I think i just didn't find the correct .obj
I will just entirely start the mesh again, anyway it sucks haha. Thanks for all the time you waste helping me, you've teached me useful things that i'll need!
Edit : I can't use TS4 CAS Mesh Tools bc when i try to import a .simgeom in blender i always get an error & it never works

You don't need to import .simgeom to blender.
Export to OBJ in CAStools (Press export OBJ)
Import as OBJ to blender. There should be an option for that (import > Wavefront .obj)
If it's not your mesh, delete it and continue doing the steps above until you found these:
For example you found out the 4th mesh on the list is your mesh, then don't do anything else in blender. Note the number somewhere, delete the mesh and continue searching for the unedited most detailed mesh (lod0_2).
For example you found out the 7th mesh on the list is the unedited most detailed mesh (lod0_2). Note it and close blender. Don't do anything else in blender.

Then export the 4th mesh in the list (press export S4 and save example: MymeshS4.simgeom)
Then import it to the 7th mesh in the list (press import and select your MymeshS4.simgeom)