Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2015 at 11:31 AM Last edited by sushigal007 : 9th May 2015 at 12:55 PM.
Default Sims wear clothes in the shower, can it be fixed with S4PE?
As the title says, my sims are wearing their clothes in the bath/shower. Now I have searched around, and I know it's a known bug and I know it's probably because somewhere, I have CC that's been accidentally marked as nude, and I know it can be solved by deleting the offending CC, downloading a nude outfit and downloading a mod and making the nude outfit an everyday outfit and then copying it over.

Thing is, I don't want to do that, I like all my clothes, and I was wondering if it would be possible to just... fix the broken CC? Can that be done with S4PE or Sims 4 Studio? And if so, could somebody tell me how?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th May 2015 at 11:41 AM
How can anyone help if you don't know what CC or Mod is causing the problem. You need to remove all CC and Mods, add it back in batches and test until you find the file causing the problem.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th May 2015 at 11:59 AM
It's a known bug caused by broken clothes that have been accidentally flagged for bathing. I know clothes are the likely problem. I just want to know if they can be fixed.
Scholar
#4 Old 9th May 2015 at 12:08 PM
Well when you find the offending CC you can then contact the creator and ask them to fix it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th May 2015 at 12:14 PM
I just want to know if it can be fixed. Because if it can't, I shall live with it. Watching my sims shower in big floppy hats is a price I'm willing to pay if it means I get to keep my clothes. If it CAN be fixed, then I would like to know how to do it myself so that if the creators are gone, or don't respond, I can fix it myself.
Scholar
#6 Old 9th May 2015 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
I just want to know if it can be fixed. Because if it can't, I shall live with it. Watching my sims shower in big floppy hats is a price I'm willing to pay if it means I get to keep my clothes. If it CAN be fixed, then I would like to know how to do it myself so that if the creators are gone, or don't respond, I can fix it myself.

I would assume you could fix it but you need to modify the flags in the file but again if you don't know which one it is then how can you fix it?

Remove CC and mods
Add back in batches and test after adding each batch
when you find the batch that starts them showering in clothes then you can begin to check until you find the one.
Then I am guessing you will need S4pe

But again until you find the CC causing the problem no one will be able to help you further.

It will mean you only lose 1 piece of cc not all of them as it will only be one piece (most likely) that is the problem.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th May 2015 at 12:34 PM
Well I imagine the steps for modifying the flags would be the same no matter what piece of clothing it turned out to be. I mean, if I have a dress showing up for guys in TS2, I don't need to go hunting for the problem file first to be told to change the number in the property set to 1 to make it show up for ladies only. But while I'm guessing there's probably something I can change in S4PE to remove the bathing flag, I don't know for sure, and repeatedly telling me to find the problem file/s first isn't helpful until I actually know whether I will be able to fix them when I find them.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 9th May 2015 at 2:02 PM
Moving to Create. Please post this kind of question in the Create forums, like when you actually want to edit something .. Game Help is more for the "plz remove outdated stuff, kthxbai" way to deal with outdated/broken CC.

I'm not actually sure what flags exactly you are talking about since I'm not familiar with that problem -- but if this is something that happens due to stuff being flagged wrongly, you can certainly open the offending file in s4pe and see if you can find the flag you need. You should use the updated CASP wrapper for that, see the post by CmarNYC in Tools (that's the thing that tells s4pe how to make heads/tails of the current version of CASP resources; Maxis have changed that in recent patches). You can also copy and paste stuff between packages in s4pe if that's what you need to do to solve this.

However I believe there is also CC that has become truly outdated, that you would not be able to fix by changing a flag since that flag wouldn't exist in the first place. I don't really know much about that since I hardly download anything; maybe somebody else knows more about those outdatedness issues and can help you in case you run into that.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th May 2015 at 2:05 PM
Thanks, I'll have a look for those tools and poke around in some of the files, see if I can find anything that looks likely.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 9th May 2015 at 2:42 PM Last edited by Esmeralda : 9th May 2015 at 2:53 PM.
The way to look for and change the unwanted 'naked' settings with s4pe is to look at the CASP resource, as shown in the below pics:

1.) Click the CASP resource so that it highlights. 2) Click the Grid button at the bottom of the screen. 3) In the window that pops up, click ParmFlags and its list of options will drop down. If DefaultForBodyType is True, change it to False. 4) Click CASFlagList and then the button with the three dots that appears on the right side of the same line.

In the window that pops up, click your way through the list of Flags until you find the ones called OutfitCategory, as depicted below. There should be a series of these, for various outfit categories. If you find one called Bathing, delete it.

Click OK to go back to the previous window, and click the Commit button on that window. Save your file. Hope that does the trick!

ETA: Forgot to add: You need to do this for all the CASPs, in order for the change to apply to all colours of the item.
Screenshots
Scholar
#11 Old 9th May 2015 at 2:52 PM
Don't you still need to know which file to check first or does this do the whole of your CC folder at once?
I would have thought you needed to know which piece of CC is causing the problem and then open that package file in S4pe
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th May 2015 at 3:20 PM Last edited by sushigal007 : 9th May 2015 at 3:59 PM.
Thank you!
mummy_001, I appreciate you're trying to help, but I could have multiple clothing files with this problem. Happily my Downloads folder is very organised, my clothes are in three folders, one for men, one for women and one for children, and S4PE has no problem with me opening a bunch of files all at once by highlighting them in Windows Explorer and hitting 'enter', so I am going to go through all my clothing files in S4PE straight off the bat. I personally think it's going to be more efficient than adding files back and forth and opening my game and sending different sims to shower until the problem goes away.
ETA: And I've found one!
ETA2: OK, so when you say delete it, how do I do that? When I deleted the text from the field, it just said "Property value is not valid." Forgot to hit the three dots, whoops. Thanks again!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#13 Old 9th May 2015 at 3:56 PM
The flag thingy window has a Delete button at the bottom, is that what you need? Look at Esmeralda's second screenshot.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th May 2015 at 4:03 PM
*blush* Yeah, my fault, I'd skimmed the instructions and missed the three dots, so I assumed I was using an outdated version and sent looking all over the place for updates. But it's working now, I've done several of the CASPs on this file and I found a second file with the same problem, then I'll check the rest of the clothes.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 9th May 2015 at 4:17 PM
Yes, hit the Delete button. Glad it's working for you!
Scholar
#16 Old 9th May 2015 at 4:18 PM
I actually didn't know S4pe could open a bunch of files at once. I'm glad your getting it sorted, finally you can shower without washing your clothes too
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 11:25 AM
sims4studio has a utility that batch fixes this problem. http://sims4studio.com/thread/1658/...ems-sims-shower