Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 2:24 PM
Default Gender conversions are possible!
I was playing around with the new cloner tool and S4PE and I figured out how to make gender conversions!

There are a few kinks, of course, but it works! What I did was clone an existing male hairstyle and the swept female hair style using the cloner. I then extracted the DDS hair texture file and GEOM from the female hairstyle and replaced the files in the male package file. Because the cloner doesn't support swatches yet, the hair only appears in blonde unfortunately. I'm assuming that this method can be used to convert almost all of the CASPs in the demo. :D
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 2:50 PM
Awesome job! Thanks for that!
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lumialover8
There are a few kinks, of course
Hah.

ANYWAY, you could then presumably use ColorMagic on your package to do the swatches? And set any flags you want.

Nice work!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Hah.

ANYWAY, you could then presumably use ColorMagic on your package to do the swatches? And set any flags you want.

Nice work!

*slaps myself*

Why didn't I think of that?! Thanks for the tip, Srikandi
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 5:37 PM
I will add swatch latter once it won't crash the game. But yes nice work! If you have any suggestion to the cloner please tell me!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 8:34 PM Last edited by oepu : 26th Aug 2014 at 9:19 PM.
That sounds great. Which geom file is the mesh that needs to be replaced?

Ok. I tried it and replaced all geom files successivly.

Is there a method to link to the meshes and textures of the female hairs instead of extracting and including them in the package? Because of the package file size.

oepusims.tumblr.com. I don't take request. I have 2 children and few freetime. Use my creations as you wish. You don't have to ask.
Test Subject
#7 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 9:31 PM
Cool lumia! =D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Hah.

Nice work!

There's no option in ColorMagic 0.2.1 to choose the hair color (flag?) so the swatches don't show up I tried with the old version too but for some reason only the blonde recolors work. Odd.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by oepu
That sounds great. Which geom file is the mesh that needs to be replaced?

Ok. I tried it and replaced all geom files successivly.

Is there a method to link to the meshes and textures of the female hairs instead of extracting and including them in the package? Because of the package file size.

There isn't a way to link unfortunately.. it's all manual.
Inventor
#10 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 9:40 PM
That's great news. I was afraid that male sims weren't able to have long hair in TS4 - whatever hair styles will be in the base game - good to know that there's a solution available.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 10:18 PM

We will enable compression for the clone package. This feature will be added in the next version.
*not to be found on sims4forum*
retired moderator
#12 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 11:35 AM
This is amazing! *starts singing A Whole New World! like Aladdin*
I'll be keeping an eye on this
Field Researcher
#13 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 8:53 AM
OMG so much yes!

Thanks so much for the info! It totally works! I'm going to see if I can use the clone tool to convert to a TS3 mesh so I can tweek it a bit in Milkshape to fix the shoulder cutting. If I succeed I'll try to get some more colours done. *_*

Eclipse Sims 4 on tumblr
~°*CAS Custom Content Downloads*°~
Field Researcher
#14 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 4:59 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 9th Sep 2014 at 11:18 AM.
Got it working! I only edited the mesh for lods 0 to 0_3. But it seems to be working without touching the others.
There are a few little shading oddities that you can see in the hair after bringing it in and out of MS3D (little square shadows). I'm not sure about what to do with them, but IMO they are not really all that bad.
The hats all work pretty okay. The only thing bothersome is the outfits with hoods still cut into the hair. I could always puff it more to try and fix that... but I really like how it looks with all the other outfits right now.

...stupid hood. :P

I cannot figure out how to make any swatches yet. Only one shows up and even if I add another swatch it does not seem to work. I'll mess with it more later, but if anyone else wants to play around with getting swatches to work on it, please do. I'll upload it below.

Nevermind about that, I totally got it working. I was dumb and not saving my DDS file right. I'll do up a bunch of colours later. :DDD

Eclipse Sims 4 on tumblr
Field Researcher
#15 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 5:49 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 9th Sep 2014 at 11:14 AM.
Complete! I did all the colours and it seems to be working. I hope it runs okay in-game when it come out. :P
Download below.

This Hair download only seems to work properly in the Demo Unfortunately!!! Download the fixed file in the linked post!

Update: FIXED!!!
This hair will work in the actual game now! Thanks to CmarNYC's super awesome updated mesh tools and stuffs.
FIXED Download at this post! http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...176#post4520176

Eclipse Sims 4 on tumblr
Field Researcher
#16 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 12:01 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 9th Sep 2014 at 2:13 PM. Reason: removed attachment (upon request)
I did another one! This one was quick because it fit the male head perfectly without needing to be brought into MS3D. All colours are done and stuff.

Also, sorry I'm putting downloads in this thread, I'm just not sure about how well they will work in the actual game and not just CAS... seeing as how the game in not out yet. :o I really don't think there should be issues, but better safe than sorry. So I'll try them out tonight in-game and if they work well I'll upload them properly to my downloads.... with special thanks to lumialover8 for this thread and the info, and everyone who created these great tools and stuffs. :3

The Bombshell hair looks pretty hot on men I think.... XD.

This Hair only seems to work properly in the Demo Unfortunately!!!

Eclipse Sims 4 on tumblr
Field Researcher
#17 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 12:05 PM
Oh wow. The second hair looks really good on men!

Does anyone know what to do, so the hair color doesn't automatically switch to black once choosen?
Field Researcher
#18 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 12:36 PM
Simply changing from male to female without altering the mesh looks odd.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 1:16 PM
Oh wow. The second hair looks really good on men!

Does anyone know what to do, so the hair color doesn't automatically switch to black once choosen?

I'm not exactly sure how to fix that. It's weird how that happens. It seems that it always pops back to the first colour you clone the main package from(the long hair always pops back to the pink colour :/).... If anyone can figure out how to fix that it would be pretty cool.

Eclipse Sims 4 on tumblr
Field Researcher
#20 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 1:22 PM
Simply changing from male to female without altering the mesh looks odd.

That's weird... I think maybe because the male skull is bigger? I find that some hair switching from female to male has issues with the skull too if it's short, I have not seen anything that odd looking yet though.

Eclipse Sims 4 on tumblr
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 11:54 PM
Lunar Eclipse, I don't get it how could you make the swatches/variations (?). I'm trying to make a simple t-shirt, I have all the dds variations done but I can't figure out how to add more variations in the same file. Also can you give me a clue how to make my item be "new"? It shows in the swatches from the item I clonned, and I wanted it to be a new thing. I'm felling so stupid, I always used Workshop for creating and now I have 4 different tools still I can't figure out how to make variations ;__;

lavoieri.tumblr.com :)
Field Researcher
#22 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by apocraphex
Lunar Eclipse, I don't get it how could you make the swatches/variations (?). I'm trying to make a simple t-shirt, I have all the dds variations done but I can't figure out how to add more variations in the same file. Also can you give me a clue how to make my item be "new"? It shows in the swatches from the item I clonned, and I wanted it to be a new thing. I'm felling so stupid, I always used Workshop for creating and now I have 4 different tools still I can't figure out how to make variations ;__;

I used "colour magic" to make all the swatches first. When you do that you get a separate file for each colour, which takes up a lot of space. Make sure you have finished all of your work with all of your DDs stuff first, then, all you need to do is open all of the files in S4Pe(except for one) and export to file all of the parts in each of them(keep all the exports together in a place easy to find), then, open the file you did not open in S4Pe and import all of the exported files into that one. That should combine all the packages into one.

That's what you needed to know right? I hope that helps.

Also, you wanted to make your shirt show up as a separate shirt? Did you use the clone tool to clone the mesh? If you did that it should show up as a different thumbnail in cas. If that's all working, when you use color magic, make sure you create all your swatches from your new file(I assume it's saved in your mods folder). Don't use the fullbuild package in the sims4 folder anymore.

Eclipse Sims 4 on tumblr
Field Researcher
#23 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 5:11 AM Last edited by Lunar Eclipse : 2nd Sep 2014 at 8:39 AM.
Augh, the hair is not working right in-game for me, it's doing a stupid hair-helmet thing). Now I gotta go back and figure out what happened.
Sorry guys. It's fine in the Demo, then it borks in the actual game. >_<

Edit: I played a bit, still cannot figure it out. :/
I dunno if it's fixable yet. I think I may actually need to assign proper bones or something and I don't think there are tools for that yet.
I'm actually going to play the game now.

Eclipse Sims 4 on tumblr
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#24 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 9:37 AM
Lunar Eclipse, have you tried re-cloning it from game files? Demo is not compatible with the full game, see the sticky.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:14 AM
Thank you!!! :lovestruc

lavoieri.tumblr.com :)
Page 1 of 3