Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 4:27 AM
Default Does Anyone Know of a Sims 4 to Sims 3 Clothing Conversion Tutorial?
I apologize if this is not in the right section. I am wondering if anyone would know how or of a tutorial explaining how to convert clothing and shoes from Sims 3 to Sims 4? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 11:58 AM
do you want sims 3 to sims 4 or sims 4 to sims 3, because the tittle you wrote is different than the post :P
Inventor
#3 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 2:59 AM
TS3 > TS4: http://youtu.be/OiWCX8ySl7E (there's multiple parts)

I can't seem to find a good one for TS4 > TS3. :/

Dis-dis-disclaimer! - I haven't used this tut personally, so I'm not sure how accurate it is. This was just from a simple google search. Good luck!

"Goonies never say die."
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 12:14 PM
This is how i convert convert ts4>ts3 clothes

1- I use 'S4CASTools' by CmarNYC to extract the ts4 meshes as ts3 geoms. Go to 'clone package editor' --> 'mesh manager' --> select the ts4 package --> on the bottom select 'view: by meshpart' and 'export format: ts3'. This format reduced the polys automatically, but sometimes it breaks the mesh a little.
If you don't want the polys reduced select 'view:By lod' and 'export format: OBJ'

2- 'Sims 4 Package Editor' to extract the textures by right clicking on the RLE2 files and choose export to dds. The ts4 dds files have different sizes than the ones from sims3, you need to adjust them.

3-Then open the geom in milkshape and delete the body, to leave just the clothes mesh. And import ts4 nude geoms. Either bottoms, tops, or full body, depending on what part you're converting.

4- The hard part is to make the ts4 clothes fit the ts3 bodies.

5- In milkshape copy the ts3 body comments, to the ts4 clothes comment

6- Make sure the clothes mesh is in the correct positions in the UV map, you can use the EA clothing UV template

7- Regroup and export

8- open 'sims 3 MeshToolKit', on the tab 'auto tools for geom' i auto-assign bones, and auto-create the morphs mesh. Then in 'geom tools' tab i renumber the meshes.

9 - Then i use de cas unitool to create the sims 3 package with the renumbered meshes.

10 - And use 'sims 3 MeshToolKit' to add the morphs, on tab 'package tools' --> add morphs to clothing/hair
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 5:30 AM
Does anybody know how to neatly delete the body?