Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#26 Old 2nd May 2017 at 3:54 PM
I am trying the trial version now. I got that toddlers came from vampire by watching a review on youtube. I know of sims gameplay because I had all of TS2 and played it for 10yrs and I did play the TS3 on xbox for about 3 months. Did not like TS3. But cannot help being hyped for vampires. I collect vampire games.

What I think is strange, Moraelin, is for you to have a mod-the-sims account and be very negative toward sims. Not judging but what exactly turned you bitter? You must have played a long time for you to even have an account here. This is an obscure place most new beginners would not know about. Or is it just EA's money mongering. I liked Inquisition as well but I was not able to play it all the way through because someone on a forums spoiled the ending and I did not like where the ending would take me. I was so upset at that time I was bitter ugly mean person to be around. That or I was crying all the time.

Eh, whatever. I stand by what I say that I would like to see other games adapt personal animations. Using a toilet or cooking actually food you can see. But animations are bulk. The greater the bulk the better a pc/console you need to run it. I do not know what kind of copyright EA holds but I do not think they have power to tell other games they cannot animate characters.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 2nd May 2017 at 4:48 PM Last edited by Moraelin : 2nd May 2017 at 5:05 PM.
I'm not negative against The Sims, I'm negative against specifically The Sims 4. There's a difference. And that's precisely because I've played it, and not just do some fairy tale extrapolation from previous games. The point is precisely what's MISSING compared to previous games. Imagining what's there based on experience with previous games is not going to tell you that.

But fine, you want to talk animations? Fine, let's talk animations.

More specifically, you want to talk cooking animations? Fine, we can do that. Remember how in TS2 the sim used to actually open a drawer to get the utensils? Yeah, that disappeared after TS2, didn't it?

But let's talk more generally animations. Remember how hair used to have a subtle inertia effect in TS2? Just open a character in CAS and give it a spin and you'll see what I mean. Yep, that went away too.

Remember how all games between TS1 and TS3 used to have a dance together animation? Yeah, that's gone in TS4. You can only dance independently around the same stereo, but that's it. Or remember the slow dance from TS2? Yeah, that animation is gone too.

Or let's talk what we got in expansion packs. TS2 Bon Voyage got me, what, three large worlds, with lots of stuff to do, and new animations like the fire dance, three different new greeting animations, three different new dances, massages, the log roll, the ninja-port, the soaping the sacred fountain, the pirate ship animations, etc. And that's not even counting the non-animated stuff like hotels (which I could also build and run), a crapton of jewellery, mementos, etc. Meanwhile the only expansion that got me a vacation destination in TS4 adds a tiny sub-neighbourhood where there's literally NOTHING to do except fish and gather herbs, none of which even comes with a new animation or anything.

So I should be grateful to EA for what? For giving me less and less bang per buck even in that aspect?
Scholar
#28 Old 2nd May 2017 at 4:58 PM
That said, if you just want to play a vampire, you could always try Skyrim with the Better Vampires mod. Sounds like it might be right up your alley.
Page 2 of 2