Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 8:08 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Help with Chris Hatch's Workplace mod
Hi there! I've asked about this on BAS, but haven't gotten an answer, and my own searches have come up empty. I've been trying to create workplaces for my sims using the workplace mod that comes with T&A and A&N. For those who haven't heard of it, if you go into buy mode on a community lot and place a work site inspection certificate (found under Deco-Paintings,) that lot becomes a work site for sims who are employed in a particular career. For example, that certificate placed at a restaurant lot will change the lot into a workplace for sims in the Culinary career, so you can follow your sim to work. What I need help with is designating the lots into work places for each career. I know which objects go with certain careers, but not all of them.

Medical - put up the certificate at a lot that's been zoned as a hospital with Chris Hatch's ambulance
Culinary - lot needs the restaurant stove
Science - I think the lot needs to have a telescope on it?
Education - a lot that's been zoned as a school with Chris Hatch's principal desk and teacher desk
Oceanography - it needs to be a beach lot I think
Business - ?
Architecture - ?
Gamer - I think if the lot has a computer and/or arcade games? I know putting up the certificate at Sims Gone Wired (comes with Downtown) works.
Sex Industry (T&A only) - red light and fun for all bed
Athletic - I think the lot needs to have sports equipment on it?
Criminal - ?
Law Enforcement - ?
Military - ? a helicopter maybe?
Politics - ? the lecture podium maybe?
Slacker - ?
Artist - an easel maybe?
Natural Science - ?
Paranormal - ?
Show Business - ?
Law - ?
Adventurer - ?
Music - there needs to be at least one musical instrument on the lot
Journalism - magazine rack maybe?
Entertainment - ?
Dance - ballet barre I think
Intelligence - ?

If anyone else knows more about which objects are needed for each lot, could you please let me know? I'm excited to use this mod in conjunction with PCsims/katy76's objects like the banking set, army set, police station set, courtroom set, etc., but I need to be able to zone these lots as the appropriate work sites first :P
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 1:47 PM
Sorry about being unable to respond at BAS, the site has been broken since January and I can not post or reply to anything at all there.

The following is copied from the 'About Sims 2 Angel and Nurses Stuff' which you should find in your 'All Programs' menu
"
If the neighbourhood is Tau Ceti then no lots will be marked as a work site.
If the lot is liveable it will not be used
If the lot has an owned business it will not be used.
If the lot is zoned as a hospital then it is for the Medical career only
If the lot is zoned as a school then it is for the Education career only (lower career levels if there is also a Lecture Hall)
If the lot is zoned as a battlefield then it is for the Military career only
If the lot has a beach then it is for the Oceanography career
If there is a Restaurant Stove on the lot then it is for the Culinary career
If there is a Celebrity Light on the lot then it is for the ShowBiz, Entertainment, Music and Dance careers
If there is a Police Car on the lot then it is for the Law Enforcement career
If there is a (Base Game) Exercise Machine on the lot then it is for the Athletics career
If there is a Pinball Machine on the lot then it is for the Gamer career
If there is a (Base Game) Easel on the lot then it is for the Artist career
If there is a Telescope on the lot then it is for the Science career
If there is a Teacher's Desk on the lot and the current neighbourhood is a university then the lot becomes a Lecture Hall

The lots that depend on items can be used for more than 1 career so, for example if there is both a Restaurant Stove and an Exercise Machine on a Beach lot then Oceanography, Culinary and Athletics careers would use the same lot.

If a lecture hall exists then sims in the education career at career level six (University Guest Lecturer) or level eight (University Senior Professor) or higher will go to the Lecture Hall for work instead of a school.
"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 8:45 PM
Thank you!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 8:13 AM
Seeing as the original question has been answered I hope you don't mind me hijacking the thread with a couple more questions as I didn't know that noone could respond at BAS.

I had a question about the Versatile Item Controller. Would it be possible to make a tutorial on adding NPCs to that? I have several that I would like to add.

Also, the community buses. Would it be possible to let children catch the bus to community lots alone? It's annoying that they have to take an adult even just to go across the street to the park.

Thanks.
Scholar
#5 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 6:00 PM
Allowing children to catch a bus alone can be done (I have done and tested it) but there may be other things to consider:
If the lot the child travels to does not have a bus stop then unless you have another mod to allow them to catch a taxi or something the child will be stuck there, you'll have to exit the lot without saving.
I put a curfew on children catching a bus from home 7:00 am to 5:00 pm so they're not out at night alone but the same curfew can't be placed on any lot other than home or if they miss the curfew they'll be unable to get home. That means a child could stay out alone all night.
If you're happy to work with those limits, then let me know if you want the home curfew extended and I'll place the file on box.net for you.

I can try to do a tutorial but don't 'hold your breath' I have four unfinished tutorials that were requested but I still haven't got around to completing, those things take me so long I tend to lose interest well before I'm happy with them.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Allowing children to catch a bus alone can be done (I have done and tested it) but there may be other things to consider:
If the lot the child travels to does not have a bus stop then unless you have another mod to allow them to catch a taxi or something the child will be stuck there, you'll have to exit the lot without saving.
I put a curfew on children catching a bus from home 7:00 am to 5:00 pm so they're not out at night alone but the same curfew can't be placed on any lot other than home or if they miss the curfew they'll be unable to get home. That means a child could stay out alone all night.
If you're happy to work with those limits, then let me know if you want the home curfew extended and I'll place the file on box.net for you.

That would be great, thanks! I'm not even bothered about having a curfew at all. Any kids with a curfew just won't be allowed to catch the bus at night and those that are naughty can take advantage of it. XD

A tutorial would be great if you do have the time, thanks.
Scholar
#7 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 3:54 PM
I just updated the file on box.net
CJH_CommunityBuses.zip (280kb) https://app.box.com/s/15ht5u16eqx3i204bty7sayt6496injr
I've allowed children to catch a bus from home until 6:00 pm. and made a small change to the actual bus so it'll show in the splash screen instead of the taxi when going to a community lot.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
I just updated the file on box.net
CJH_CommunityBuses.zip (280kb) https://app.box.com/s/15ht5u16eqx3i204bty7sayt6496injr
I've allowed children to catch a bus from home until 6:00 pm. and made a small change to the actual bus so it'll show in the splash screen instead of the taxi when going to a community lot.

Wow, thanks heaps! That's great!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 5:43 AM
Just a quick note to say WOW!
I did not know such a mod existed. I might need to give that one a try.
I'm strictly a Sim 2 gamer of the PG-13/R-rated variety. But after seeing Charity's post about all the cool Chris Hatch mods, I had to join BackAlleySims and download a few.
Charity's post here: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...inGbvfROHsxHXig

I finally got around to putting the Ride A Bus mod in my game and am now in the process of building a hospital for the hospital mod. I am totally blown away that someone (ie: Mr. Hatch) was able to come up with such fabulous ideas and make them work for the rest of us who are not so tech savvy. I've been tempted to poke around to see what T&A and A&N do, but I'm a little afraid I'll see or read about things that I cannot bleach out of my brain's memory bank. ;-)
Mad Poster
#10 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 10:09 AM
A&N is the family friendly version of T&A. Stick with that and you should be safe.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 2:05 PM
Help please

I'm having trouble making work the Wokplace Mod, my sim is cuisine level 3, I made a Restaurant and added the podium, the workplace sign and the restaurant stove, but ...
-----Career vehicles don't have the correct code to change lots so we need to have a specific vehicle for this purpose. This includes the van pictured below that uses the Whoopee Vehicle mesh from T&A and the yellow texture from A&N.----

this vehicle never shows up, only the same carpool. so I never leave with my sim to the lot can anybody tell me if maybe I need some file more, or does anybody manage to making it work?
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Oct 2023 at 4:05 PM
hey
you probably won't see this, but since you can make a lecture hall, i was wondering if it was possible for you to visit the lecture hall as a university student as well?
Field Researcher
#13 Old 10th Nov 2023 at 10:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TammyCatxXxX
hey
you probably won't see this, but since you can make a lecture hall, i was wondering if it was possible for you to visit the lecture hall as a university student as well?

I have just found this mod (https://modthesims.info/showthread....5#startcomments) which lets you go to lectures with your sims. I don't know if the author is still working on it though. I have it in my game and it is very enjoyable!