Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 4:20 PM
Default Crib slots problem.
Hi everyone,

I'm having this very annoying issue. I'm converting some hospital bedding/cribs from TS2 for someone. I had no problem with that and setting up the main (aka where the baby sleeps) slot. Problem is, when my Sim place a toddler in the crib, it works well but when it's a newborn, the baby disappears in the lower part of the mesh.

I am not too familiar with cribs and I have no idea how to fix this! Any help/tips you can provide would be wonderful. Thanks for reading and looking forward to hearing from you!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 5:01 PM
I know nothing about cribs, I'm just going by intuition.
Is it possible that there are two slots, one for toddlers and one for babies?

For example, in the sleeping bag there's a [routing] slot for children and one for adults.
Maybe it's the same for the crib slots (I guess they are containment slots though).
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
I know nothing about cribs, I'm just going by intuition.
Is it possible that there are two slots, one for toddlers and one for babies?

For example, in the sleeping bag there's a [routing] slot for children and one for adults.
Maybe it's the same for the crib slots (I guess they are containment slots though).

If I'm not mistaken, the cribs have two slots, one for for the baby/toddler, and the remaining one for the teddy-bear. I don't think there's a separate containment slot for the different age groups.

I've heard of users reporting that problem OP, where toddlers work properly in CC cribs but babies drop to the floor. No idea why it happens, tho. Sorry.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 11:05 AM
Thanks for both replies, guys. There is indeed only one slot for toddlers/newborns and one fo the stuffed animal. I don't know what else to do at this point. I'll keep trying and looking around! Again, thank you!
Inventor
#5 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 1:08 PM Last edited by Arsil : 15th Feb 2015 at 1:47 PM.
I've looked at the code and the only difference I see is that the toddler is put upside-down
(head's position switched with feet's position), thing that you can notice just playing by the way.

Can I ask you something? You just changed the coordinates of the slot editing the RSLT resource,
right? Because I can't edit the _RIG and if I remember correctly, for counters for example, you have
to change both the RSLT and the _RIG, otherwise if you move the counter the objects on it will stay
where they are instead of sticking with the counter. Maybe it's happening something like that here?

EDIT

Different approach. I'm looking at the animations to put the sim in the crib:
a2p_crib_putIn_y use IK Chains, while a2b_crib_putIn_y doesn't.
These 2 should be the animations played by the baby and by the toddler
(right now, I don't remember who is who, sorry).
So I'm thinking that maybe one of the two animations doesn't care about the height
of the slot (or the height of the relative bone of the crib). Does your custom crib use
a different height for it than the default cribs?

I'm just speculating, I'm not expert of these things.

EDIT2

a2b_crib_putIn_y doesn't use IK chains, but it has these 2 events that may
have to do with positioning:

This is the container slot to put the baby/toddler, its BoneName appears in the event as SlotNameHash
--- Containers[1] ---
SlotName: 0xA820F8A7
BoneName: 0x85D6179D
SlotPlacementFlags: 0x00000100 (Sim)
X: Rot1: 0; Rot2: 0; Rot3: 1; Pos: -0,031603
Y: Rot1: 0; Rot2: 1; Rot3: 0; Pos: 0,486862
Z: Rot1: -1; Rot2: 0; Rot3: 0; Pos: 0,072369

EDIT3
The RSLT of the crib has Events (invoked by the animation?) that may be
related to rotation and offset of a joint/bone.

Again, I don't know how these things work, I'm just blindly guessing
and probably your issue is caused by a much simpler reason.