Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 8:54 PM Last edited by pluche56 : 25th Jan 2012 at 9:09 PM.
Darkness Unleashed : Craft a legendary Doomsword
Hello fellows !

I've currently created a Kingdom only to do the Achievements.
I'm actually working on this one : Darkness Unleashed.
Unfortunately, I have the Doomsword Blade and Hilt, but I don't seem to be able to find the book. I've been in the forest and the village several times, but I never got the Manual of Blacksmithing - The Cursed Doomsword.
Does anyone know an easy way to get it ?
A mod, a cheat maybe ? Or simply, a good tip to get it ?

(I'm doing all this with my Blacksmith. I mean, roaming in the forest and stuff n_n)
(PS : Just in case, my Blacksmith is also a Treasure Hunter. If there's any way to find that book by digging... Just saying :D)

Thank you all in advance !

Si quelque chose ne peut plus empirer, ça empirera quand même.
If something can't get worse, it will get worse whatsoever.
[Maître Gotlib]
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 9:27 PM
Shimrod has a mod that adds every book to the Druid's Bookshelf.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarthKitsune
Shimrod has a mod that adds every book to the Druid's Bookshelf.

Hello DarthKitsune, and thank you for your quick answer :D
Unfortunately, I found that mod, but it doesn't seem to work for me !
I looked in all my Bookcases, it looks like there is more books in it, but no Cursed Doomsword ! :/

I installed the mod in Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\Packages
Is this the right place ?

[Maître Gotlib]
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 10:07 PM
This mod has a lower number of books than it should have, there were more books placed in the game with P&N, so all of them don't show up when buying the bookcase. This is a random thing, different every time; if you buy the bookshelf again it will be different books which are "missing", and in the end this book you are looking for should be there.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 10:55 PM
Yes, so. RRRRrrrright. Call me miss Whiny Pants !
I have your mod, ShimrodsTSMDruidBookshelfMoreBooks.package installed in Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\Packages AND Pirates & Nobles\GameData\Shared\Packages (To be sure)
But it won't work... How odd... Do you know what's going on ?

[Maître Gotlib]
Instructor
#6 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 1:36 AM
This is your problem, Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\Packages. All mods are installed in Sims Medieval\Mods\Packages, and should be only in the base game folder not both.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grimreefer24601
This is your problem, Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\Packages. All mods are installed in Sims Medieval\Mods\Packages, and should be only in the base game folder not both.

Is it normal if I don't have a "Mods" folder by default ?

[Maître Gotlib]
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pluche56
Is it normal if I don't have a "Mods" folder by default ?

Yes, it's normal. You have to make the Mods Folder and You have to make the Packages folder that goes in it. It is not there as a part of the game or as a default.

I like playing The Sims. I don't like to be played like a Sim.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 2:31 PM
I tried that, putting the ShimrodsTSMDruidBookshelfMoreBooks file in my D:\Documents\Electronic Arts\Sims Medieval\Mods\Packages AND in D:\Games\Sims Medieval\Mods\Packages, (one at a time) and it still doesn't work...
I really wonder what I'm doing wrong :/

[Maître Gotlib]
Test Subject
#10 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pluche56
I tried that, putting the ShimrodsTSMDruidBookshelfMoreBooks file in my D:\Documents\Electronic Arts\Sims Medieval\Mods\Packages AND in D:\Games\Sims Medieval\Mods\Packages, (one at a time) and it still doesn't work...
I really wonder what I'm doing wrong :/

Refer again to this thread, redownload the files there in case of corrupted download, make sure everything is where it should be. It sounds like you installed the game to a non-default place so that may lead you to some confusion. Nothing that the game doesn't create itself should be in your documents folder. Anything you download and install should be in the sims medieval folder (and NOT pirates and nobles).
Instructor
#11 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 3:09 PM
Just to be sure, you've read Rockerduck's How to Mod Your Game sticky right?

It seems you're still using the wrong directory. The documents directory is never used for Medieval mods.

The actual directory varies depending on OS and whether it's an Origin/Steam download or a physical disk. My full directory on Win7(64) with an Origin install is this, C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims Medieval\Mods\Packages. Unless you're using a Mac, or chose an install directory other than the default, you're directory should be in Program Files.

If you were installing in the GameData\Shared\Packages folder, where the full build and delta build packages are, then you were close to the right place. In the same directory as GameData is where you create your Mods folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 3:25 PM
To be fair, at the very beginning of this conversation, I've haven't read Rockerduck's How to Mod Your Game. Very very sorry

So in the end, is this the right thing to do ?

Because if so, my game won't work anymore...
I tried to put the Resource.cfg file in either Mods, then Packages (because I didn't really understand what RockerDuck meant) and it didn't do anything.
But if I do that, my game will crash !

(In my "Mod" Folder, I only have a "Packages" Folder, and this one only contains some mod files.)

[Maître Gotlib]
Instructor
#13 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 10:09 PM
Your Mods folder is now in the right place, and your Resource.cfg is also. What's inside your Resource.cfg? This is mine,

Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/DCCache/*.dbc
Priority 499
PackedFile Mods/Test/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*.package

It's possible you may need to add the DCCache, Test, and Probation folders if your Resource.cfg is the same as mine.

Other than that everything looks correct unless your trying to load a script mod. Does your game crash without any mods in the mods folder? What mod are you using to test your install? Have you been absolutely sure you removed all the files you added in other attempts? Have you tried placing the Resource.cfg in other folder than the ones you mentioned? The game does have this file in other folder and if you overwrote it there may be problems.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 3:12 PM
Yey !

Thank you Grim !
I changed my Resource.cfg to yours, and removed the DebugEnabler, and now everything works just fine !
Thanks a lot !
I Shall now craft that Stupid SWORD !

Have a very good day !

PS : Sorry for the time I took to answer !

[Maître Gotlib]
Instructor
#15 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 1:40 AM
Alternatively, you can have your blacksmith skulk around in the forrest multiple times until they come across the man offering books and get the manual then. . .
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 5:07 PM
I've done that several times, and for the village as well, but he was never crossing the Man's path ! UGH !!
But thank you =)

[Maître Gotlib]
Test Subject
#17 Old 12th May 2012 at 6:48 PM
I think once I found the book in the Pit when my spy was trying to kill the Monarch. He didn't make it out, though.
Scholar
#18 Old 12th May 2012 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KayMacd
I think once I found the book in the Pit when my spy was trying to kill the Monarch. He didn't make it out, though.

I know you get the hilt and the blade in the pit, never came across the book there before though, I've always got it from the Forest.
First Kingdom I found hilt and blade in the pit in one 'jump-in', never got the book through that whole kingdom. Second kingdom I made my Monarch and sent him to the Forest for some reason, and got the book straight away, never got both parts of the sword in that kingdom though. Kind of made me wish you could transfer stuff across kingdoms. I didn't get that achievement till around my 4th or 5th kingdom.