Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 9:10 PM
Adding new options to Parenthood Scenarios
I like to give more options when it comes to dealing with families, and right now all the goody-good family options have already been ticked by EA, so all that's left is the bad parenting stuff. I have already fixed Hates Children, given parents the option to stop being caregivers for toddlers, and have even started a Trait to remove all traces of happy family buffs the game might shoot out at your sim. Well, someone mentioned Parenthood Game Pack to me and I was hoping it would correct the issues in the basegame itself, and I wouldn't need to even finish my mods...oh boy, was I wrong.
This pack has just set out new challenges; scenarios. You know, those phonecalls from schools, or kids randomly coming to ask for advice? Yeah, I didn't like those one bit, just for one reason; you cannot ignore them.
Unlike other scenarios, you can just close the menu and forget about it, but not these things. I want to change that! Give me the option to ignore the scenario, or to select an option that does nothing at all! Well, I had a poke inside the situation files for these scenarios and added new options to them, which should just give two negative Life Skill drops, however for the life of me I cannot get my tweaks to work. The changes I make just block out the phonecalls from the school and randomly selects one of the options I didn't add.

I am not sure what to do now, I edit all the files in Sims4Studio, and am working with some very limited knowledge in programming. If someone else wants to take a jab at this then by all means go ahead, I have already added the code for the new options into the file but they just aren't working and keep bypassing the usual selection windows. Some of the responses sound a bit harsh, but they need to be for them to make any sense with my Bad Parent Trait! (I am making this mod separate, so people don't need to use the Trait).
The added option is found at the bottom of the XML for every single advice/situation added in the parenthood DLC, but before the script closes.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Parenthood-TheAlternativeOption.rar (58.8 KB, 21 downloads) - View custom content