Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#1876 Old 25th May 2018 at 9:48 PM
Ah..my sim is exploring a temple. Nekkid. She also chatted with the skeleton guardian, who seemed a bit shocked that the flesh thing was without covering.

Heaven help me, I am loving this expansion.
Advertisement
Scholar
#1877 Old 26th May 2018 at 8:19 PM
Kid Henry has completed ALL FOUR of the childhood aspirations. I didn't delay his aging, but my days are longer so maybe that helps. He's now level 6 violin and 5 piano and he plays very well which is refreshing. Funny, when kids are first starting out instruments they sound bad, but nobody gets a tense moodlet about it. When an adult starts out everyone is tense because of the bad playing. I guess people are better able to tolerate certain things when the things are coming from something like a child. (Whatever)

Henry is getting so close to his birthday I can hardly wait! I have absolutely enjoyed playing my favorite sim as a toddler and child but I am sooo looking forward to those teen years! When Henry grows up, he'll have the same career as his alternate reality counterpart had as a young adult: Detective. I may still make him a renaissance sim but I don't know if I'll have him take all the same career paths as his alternate reality counterpart.
Forum Resident
#1878 Old 27th May 2018 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Kid Henry has completed ALL FOUR of the childhood aspirations. I didn't delay his aging, but my days are longer so maybe that helps.

There is a way for people using the normal life span and without modded days to fulfill all four aspirations with their sim kids. Starting at a certain level for every children skill, they can use a computer game to learn it. The game doesn't only train one skill, though. It also helps to quickly learn a second one. You have to best start it with one specific aspiration but I forgot which one.
My play style has become way more laid-back. I had been like one of these helicopter mums and my sims had to be perfect and productive 24/7. Now, I let my young ones finish one aspiration, maybe two and then they can roam free and do what they want. It's funny to watch what they'll come up with most of the times (unless they spam making messes but that's at least good for training the parent skill )
Scholar
#1879 Old 28th May 2018 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
There is a way for people using the normal life span and without modded days to fulfill all four aspirations with their sim kids. Starting at a certain level for every children skill, they can use a computer game to learn it. The game doesn't only train one skill, though. It also helps to quickly learn a second one. You have to best start it with one specific aspiration but I forgot which one.
My play style has become way more laid-back. I had been like one of these helicopter mums and my sims had to be perfect and productive 24/7. Now, I let my young ones finish one aspiration, maybe two and then they can roam free and do what they want. It's funny to watch what they'll come up with most of the times (unless they spam making messes but that's at least good for training the parent skill )

Honestly, this is the first time I've done all four, and typically I only really bother with two. But because Henry is a pretty special super sim, I'm going for everything.

Anyway what's happening in my game:

Henry is a teen! I looove it. I loved playing him as a toddler, loved playing him as a kid, and I love playing him as a teen. I only ever played him as young adult and adult in the previous world. His fitness level is only 1 yet he seems quite fit because he's physically gifted.

Henry is an insider sim, so he loves being in clubs and having lots of friends. He created a club "Teen Fun" for teens only (I did this with a different sim in the other save and I strongly recommend it. Not only is it fun, and helps your teens gain friends but you can see who you might want to ship them with later...)

One of my favorite things to do with young adult Henry from the other reality was to go clubbing with him. (He eventually was invited to join Partihaus where he met his wife Jade) So it's awesome to be able to do that again with teen Henry in his own club.

Henry took his childhood sweetheart, Elsa on their very first date. They had a nice lunch date, and danced a little, and made out. He asked her to be his girlfriend and she said yes. (Isn't that dress awesome? Rusty Sims)

And they had their very first kiss :lovestruc

Okay here is a thing that happened:
Here is Teen Henry's Elsa from this game save:

Here she is from my other game save, as a young adult.

Different hairstyles and makeup aside....why does THIS ELSA look different from the other ELSA when the OTHER ELSA is TECHNICALLY from an older version of this game save?? They don't even have the same eyes and the noses are different. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?!??!?! They are both Elsa Bjergsen!
Mad Poster
#1880 Old 30th May 2018 at 2:05 AM
I had been taking a break to work on my house (ant infestation is imminent and we're going to attempt stemming the tide) and my health (the embarrassing "wearing a hospital gown and pointing out everything wrong with my skin" kind of health that is driving me crazy because this is my first time being assigned such doctors)

But I have plans, which is to invite Bill over to my simself's house. I kept in mind he'll be confused because although it looks like me, it's not the same me he fell in love with (I killed the original copy of my simself through starvation with the help of weerbesu's UI mod) so it's not going to be easy for Bill because my simself is in love with Benny. I also plan to add a cat to the house for Benny to dote on when my simself is visiting other households.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#1881 Old 31st May 2018 at 6:02 AM
I love it when I'm surprised by things. Henry was at the bluffs with his friends, just hanging out. Literally. I'm gonna put these shots under a spoiler tag, because, ALTHOUGH THEY ARE SENSORED they might still be considered NSFW.

Henry came home late that night and got disciplined by Hugh. A few days later he came home late from the spice festival and got grounded. (I wanted Henry to experience the full teen experience)

Toddler William finally became a child

Then the little "genius" child set himself on fire. Henry may not be a genius but at least he has the brains to not set himself on fire. Already tense from being grounded, he became very tense by the fire. But he was the only one with quick enough thinking to put out William. By this time Pearl (their mother) was out in the front yard saving her own skin while poor William burned to a crisp.

Full of tension, Henry lashed out at William and renounced the day of his birth (The speech bubble actually shows a swaddled baby with a crossed circle over it) by mocking his existence. Later, though, they hugged it out.
Instructor
#1882 Old 31st May 2018 at 10:08 PM
Desmond, his fiancee Angel, and their daughter Isabel just moved back into Grandma's house (much to Angel's dismay). While Desmond has a pretty solid career (level 6 writer, almost level 7), he's been working himself too hard and young adulthood hasn't been much fun so far--especially with the surprise of a child. Desmond hopes that by living with his mother for a little while, he and Angel can save up some money to buy their own home in Willow Creek. Their old house was rather nice for a starter home, but it didn't have the space they were looking for.
Angel, meanwhile, needs to figure out what she wants to do. She has a part-time position, but she's been debating on going back to work or if she should stick to painting.
Test Subject
#1883 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 5:37 AM
My Sim's daughter was extremely angry and dressed in her everyday outfit #2. It's fitting.

Forum Resident
#1884 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 11:09 AM
I've gone back to my legacy save, because I want the third generation to be already born as soon as Seasons will be out. This way, I will have some children and toddlers roaming the house, to play in the rain etc...Oh, I'm getting excited
I've already shared some pictures but I'll sumarize my setting for the legacy again: It is rotational (meaning that every generation has an heir of the opposite gender than the last one) and the founder is a woman. She (Freya Bellator) was bitten by a vampire (after she had her children) and is bound to live through all ten generations. So she won't get lonely, she has a dog by her side called Puppet Queen who will also live until the very end and a vampire coven created by her. All members are famous female premades (plus my selfsim). When more than one potential heir is of the opposite gender than the last leader, they have to win a fight or a game ore whatever against their siblings. Ironically, the second gen heirs are twin brothers (just a coincidence) who I named Ragna and Rollo.

This is the precious hope for the second generation of my legacy coming home from school. As you can see, they all really enjoy going there.

Especially Rollo has current mood swings and is going through phases...all of the time. He is meant to be the bad twin because I rolled the Public Enemy aspiration for him but it is actually really hard to get him to misbehave. Only his emotional control is in the red but not even enough to get the bad personality trait. I seriously have to work on it before he will age up.

Puppet Queen has a new friend! The naked Kitty named Alyse is a familiar bound to protect Ursula as soon as she will have grown up and will have left the family. Originally, I had planned to always have a puppy of Queen go with the sibling that wasn't bound to be an heir from the start, but she is too picky and just doesn't want to get pregnant

One day, Rollo brought a new girl called Lucia home from school and I had an idea as soon as I saw how much her genetics could potentially add to the beauty of a new legacy heiress...

"Hey, why is there a bear running around and why is your mom drinking FROM the bartender instead of just ordering something?"
"Less talking, more kissing!"

Meanwhile, Freya visited her best friend (and first vampire scion) Bella...who was too stupid to get inside even after Freya CALLED for her to just come in MULTIPLE times. I always see her scions running around unprotected during burning day time and have to constantly care for them Since the Bellator Coven is meant to live forever, Freya now has a new goal for the third generation: Resurrect Bella. Also, I guess Cassandra is so happy her mommy died because Freya won't visit anymore. She has extremely tasty blood and Freya drinks from her constantly against her will as you can see in the last screenshot

Ursula's big day finally came- This is her birthday party and although she has already met the man of her dreams during her teen years and will leave the family soon, she has promised her younger brother Ragna to stay friends forever and visit frequently. Showing favouritism much, huh, Ursula?!

Okay, listen..it's not what it looks like...this is a party and they had a couple of drinks...eh, ok I guess it is what it looks like. Yeah, I'll admit it. I'm a drama queen. The tradition of fighting for the throne of the legacy will be started off by two twin brothers fighting for the same girl. I mean, they are called Ragna and Rollo for a reason!

Again, this is NOT what it looks like-This time for real! I had to test out if the alluring presence of a vampire queen would counteract the unflirty trait and it does. Thank Llama, it was really hard to get Sergio Romeo to marry Freya in the first place- Ragna actually rolled the unflirty trait, too, but his mother boosted out some vampire powers to make him and Lucia very flirty..making her an accomplice to his betrayal, I guess. Good Llama, everyone is apparently against Rollo being the heir

Next day, Freya called Ursula's fiancee over to test if he would be a good husband. At least, that's what she told me.
"This man tastes good...you can marry him, daughter!" (What a messed up family...)

And so she did!

The screenshot that doesn't fit anywhere and shows a sim, who is very underrepresented in this story:
"You're so cute!"
"Who is cute, you senile old man?! I'm a mighty familiar! One more word from you and I'll bite your face off!"
"Soooo cuddly!"
"...."
Mad Poster
#1885 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 11:16 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 2nd Jun 2018 at 3:22 AM.
At the Gundam Wing house, the rebel pilots are running from Quatre... I gave him a violin. It's irritating the others because he's yet to learn the skill. Then again, Quatre would play the violin in the anime.

P.S. A guy in Gunma prefecture, Japan, successfully built an 8 meter tall robot "Mononofu" with his spare time, money and parts from his job at a farm machinery firm. One problem...the robot can't exit the garage in one piece. After watching a video about the giant robot, based on the Gundam metaseries, I decided to play with the pilots in my game.

I also gave the pilots a fish tank. It should be a worthy distraction from Quatre's screeching from the bow and strings.

At the Takenouchi Brothers' house, I slipped the brothers out of their tattered school uniforms and into casual wear befitting their personal style. I also changed Esper out of a Taco costume and into a black and white striped hoodie. They no longer look like they escaped a zombie school. Esper is fine, she is actually getting close to Nokon in terms of his shy being and his cat loving traits.

At the Writch-Olsen house, My simself had worked on her gardens while Benny was at work. Benny Olsen even tried the Bubble Blower and ended up bright red and angry from the flavor Passionfruit Potion.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Scholar
#1886 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 7:01 AM
Elsa invited Henry out for a drink and a heart to heart. Henry didn't come home until about 3-4 am, which is way past his 11 pm curfew. Of course it was totally worth it because they made out and cuddled all night and danced a little. Henry ordered his favorite drink, a Plasma fruit drink, which almost made him barf. Silly Henry. He's not a vampire!

Hugh was waiting for Henry when he came home, and grounded him right away. Henry lashed out and fought with his father. By the next morning, things were better between them, but he still felt frustrated.

Its a bad week for Hugh to be a father. His daughter Amelia is acting out too, challenging parental authority and being rebellious. He grounded her for making a mess, and then later, Pearl (his wife) grounded her too! (I think kids make messes more often when their responsibility is low and when theyre being rebellious)

A friend of Henry's invited him to the Ruins for a party and Elsa came. Henry may only be a teenager but he already wants to marry her. (Yes, he has that whim)

This made me so happy because they faced each other while they danced.
Forum Resident
#1887 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 10:31 AM
@spidergirl79 I love Elsa's hair in the first shot. Is it the normal curly style she is wearing in all the pictures and it just looks different because of the angle or is it something else?

Edit: Just looked at the first picture you had posted of her before. It's different than the curly one that came with C&D, right? Is it Maxis match CC?
Scholar
#1889 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 9:43 PM
@Mondenkind It is a thinned out, less thick version of the C&D hair. I can get that link for it if you want, but it'll have to be later because I'm going out and don't have time to find it. It is maxis match cc.
Forum Resident
#1890 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 2:24 AM
@Mondenkind It is a thinned out, less thick version of the C&D hair. I can get that link for it if you want, but it'll have to be later because I'm going out and don't have time to find it. It is maxis match cc.

Thanks in advance!
Scholar
#1891 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 7:26 AM
@Modenkind http://aharris00britney.tumblr.com/...nger-version-of Here it is. Love that Modders make thinned out versions of EA hair. Don't get me wrong. I think EA's hairs have gotten so much better since the game first came out (some of the early ones are horrific, but lets not talk about that mullet either). Anyway...Ahoob has some awesome CC.
Mad Poster
#1892 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 9:46 PM
Checked in on the Gundam Wing pilots...Quatre is at least Level 2 on the violin...The others aren't running, but have been getting tense from the novice screeching of the violin.

Lately, any time I squeeze in to play my games is time well spent. In a couple weeks, I won't be able to laze about the house and I won't have the luxury of fooling around with time.

Lab Assistant
#1893 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 8:24 PM
I started a new legacy challenge recently and I thought I'd introduce you to my sims.

Mitch Connor, our founder. A businessman and family man.

Molly Xia, his wife. An amazing artist and a stressed mother.

Shelby Xia. A little angel and a little devil.

Molly recently mastered the painting skill, even though she's halfway through YA! She spent almost all her free time painting.
Shelby is being stinky and we can't wash her because we don't have a bath yet.
Both parents are moving up rapidly in their careers! Molly is level 7 artist and Mitch is level 6 business.

ooh ee ooh a-ah ting-tang walla walla bing bang
Scholar
#1894 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 11:35 PM
Alternate_Reality Henry's little sister Amelia aged to teen. She has her mom's nose and eyes but her dads chin, bone structure, and lips. She's quite pretty. Finally one less brat to make messes.

And my baby, Henry, aged up to Adult. I cant believe I played him through from toddler to Adult. It's not as though I've never done that before, but Henry was originally created AS a young adult. He was the founder. But I created an alternate reality and rolled him back to toddler and "resurrected" his dead dad, and gave him his mother that he never had.

Anyway...he moved to an apartment in San Myshuno and joined a protest! The OUTRAGE!

Beautiful Henry joined the police force! Here he is posing for his ID badge... (lol)

Henry has owned both cats and dogs but he decided to adopt a cat, especially because he's in an apartment. He adopted this Scottish fold from the gallery, named Vinny.

First day on the job as a corporal. Not much happened but he's excited for his future.

This Alternate_Reality Henry will be a renaissance sim like his Original counterpart, and his career path will follow: Detective; Celebrity Chef; Musician. The other Henry was: Detetive; Double Diamond Spy; Celebrity Chef. This Henry's life turned out differently because he never lost his mother and was never enrolled in military school.
Mad Poster
#1895 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 12:25 AM
@spidergirl79, You sure like to play with multiple alternate realities.

I'm not much of the kind to do that. I prefer a crossover universe of epic proportions.

Besides, I might put every HUMAN Disney Princess and slip Ralph and Vanellope into two houses in honor of Wreck-It Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks the Internet. For you Eilowny and Kida fans, I am more than obligated to slip them in. It would be my labor of love to give the least loved their recognition.

Nala, would probably be an exception because I have Cats and Dogs, so if you see a cat with Nala's coloring, that's the homage.

But what neighborhood should the Princesses go to for maximum effect? That is the best question.

Scholar
#1896 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
@spidergirl79, You sure like to play with multiple alternate realities.

I'm not much of the kind to do that. I prefer a crossover universe of epic proportions.

I've only got two realities really. I have a MAIN save and an ALTERNATE REALITY save. The main one, with Adult_Henry and his wife Jade and all their adult kids, plus myself sim with her husband Colin and all their kids, and the "alternate" reality, with young adult Henry, whos life took a much different path (in some ways) and my self sim and her husband who started their family earlier in life rather than later... I have only 25 sims in the alternate save compared to 27 families in the MAIN save. It's a little chaotic!
Mad Poster
#1897 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 2:06 AM
I've only got two realities really. I have a MAIN save and an ALTERNATE REALITY save. The main one, with Adult_Henry and his wife Jade and all their adult kids, plus myself sim with her husband Colin and all their kids, and the "alternate" reality, with young adult Henry, whos life took a much different path (in some ways) and my self sim and her husband who started their family earlier in life rather than later... I have only 25 sims in the alternate save compared to 27 families in the MAIN save. It's a little chaotic!

Do you have a paradox inhibitor, a method to prevent the numerous Henrys from meeting each other?

Because I once had a few doubles meet at the festivals. But that lead to total annihilation of an entire save.

Scholar
#1898 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 8:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
Do you have a paradox inhibitor, a method to prevent the numerous Henrys from meeting each other?

Because I once had a few doubles meet at the festivals. But that lead to total annihilation of an entire save.

Nope. They can't meet since they're in different save files.
Mad Poster
#1899 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 2:21 PM
Nope. They can't meet since they're in different save files.

Actually, keeping them in different save files is part of your paradox inhibitor method.

Mad Poster
#1900 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 10:23 PM

I really need to get over this thing I have about not aging Sims up past Young Adult. This is not a couple. These are not siblings. They are not friends. This is a father with his daughter. Said daughter is pregnant with his grandchild XD

The Receptacle still lives!
Page 76 of 104