Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#1901 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 9:41 PM
Oh jeez hahahaha. I never age my sims past Adult because I'm too attached to my creations XD. I thought I was bad! LOL

So big news in ALternate_Reality! Henry proposed to Elsa and duh. She said yes. They've only been in love since they were 10, it just seemed natural. Of course back then it was just puppy love.

Henry invited everyone over for dinner, to announce the engagement! LOOK they're all sitting down to eat quietly. Shimegi would be jealous.

Henry got promoted to Senior Detective. He's doing great at his job. Hasn't failed a case or arrested the wrong person. He also seems naturally good at interrogating. Those steely blue eyes can really intimidate criminals!

Henry realised it was the night of the romance festival! He invited Elsa and they got married on the spur of the moment. Original_Henry had a formal wedding with Jade. I thought that it'd be nice to do things differently. I also reduced the length of Henry's chin after seeing this photo LOL

They went to Selvodorada for a honeymoon. Because they don't have much money, it's only for 3 days. Still it'll be a nice adventure. First couple to go on a Honeymoon that is NOT granite falls. So, I bought all the necessary repellents for Henry and Elsa to survive the forest but then I forgot to put them in her inventory too, so when they actually got into the forest, she got attacked by the lightening bugs AND spiders and was running around screaming and I was laughing hysterically because .. well just because it was so flippin' funny. But she survived. If you get zapped by lightning bugs, DONT let electrocution happen again for at least 4 more hours or your sim WILL die.

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1902 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 10:51 PM
I don't normally age my Sims with the aging on. If they want to grow up\old, bake a cake and blow out the candles!

No, seriously, I rather do things at my pace.

I like the skill building aspects, so aging is turned off.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#1903 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 11:09 PM
Same. The problem is that I usually never get around to aging them once they reach young adult

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#1904 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 9:53 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 13th Jun 2018 at 10:12 PM.
Well, I added the Disney Princesses both recognized under the three stats of Human, is royal by birth or marriage or performed an act of heroism and the third unspoken rule of financial success. I even added Eilowny for you sentimental fools. But I forgot Esmeralda, Megara and Jane Porter as part of it. I will probably moved Eilowny into a special household with the aforementioned forgotten heroines who are Princesses in their own right. So far, I have the classic Walt era trio (Snow White, Cinderella and Aurora) the Renaissance era set (Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas and Mulan) and Eilowny was grouped with the Walt era ones for the time being.

I might turn it into a reality show style story and get Ariel ejected from the house due to her mermaid heritage (All the Princesses in the other entries are human, mermaids don't count. And this is not the first time a character was ejected. Tinkerbell was initially a Disney Princess until she didn't meet requirements and was issued her own franchise.)

P.S. I have seen a few of the Super Carlin Brothers videos on YouTube discussing Disney and Pixar phenomenon.

But yes, it's going to be drama so delicious, you may want to pick up a few snacks at the snack bar if you feel so inclined.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Forum Resident
#1905 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 8:36 PM
You know, you're good at vampiring when...

...you need an imaginery leash because your dog just can't keep up.

...you're able to drink from a creature that doesn't have any skin nor plasma vessels

...you haven't updated your social media for at least fourty sim years and are still the hottest plum on sim earth
Scholar
#1906 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 1:21 AM
Henry is kind of insensitive about the background subject matter when taking selfies.

No matter though, because he's been promoted to Colonel.

His cat is literally the cutest cat that has ever existed in the history of the world.

Henry and Elsa's one year anniversary arrived so they went on a lovely dinner date. They had such a lovely time and finished the evening with spectacular woohooing.

Henry and Elsa weren't trying for a baby. But they got one anyway. Elsa realised she was pregnant and shared the big news. (I have 1% chance of pregnancy thanks to MCCC. I'm pretty excited about this unplanned pregnancy)

He took it well.

(NAH...He's happy about it. Apparently Roaring Vice is deeply emotional movie)
Mad Poster
#1907 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 10:50 AM
I moved Usagi Tsukino, her husband Mamoru Chiba, and their daughter Chibi Usa into NewCrest.

So far, I have a few lots left. Either I tear down the park or spa, but not the vet's office.

Scholar
#1908 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 8:55 PM
Before a nap. Henry bonding with his new son, Leif. Since Elsa is Danish, I gave him a Danish name.

These poses are too much :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#1909 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Before a nap. Henry bonding with his new son, Leif. Since Elsa is Danish, I gave him a Danish name.

These poses are too much :lovestruc

I can't wait to see Leif as a toddler.

When you are given only one sim to play, you seem to favor Henry and you tend to branch his fate as you go.

Mine is just my simself, Kymchee. She's got something of a body that could toss a rookie sumo wrestler out of the ring with legs that are shaped from years of walking, running and jogging. Has something of a chubby face, with rounded European facial features. Bright hazel eyes, extremely pale but sensitive skin, constantly colors her hair wild colors. Out of 3 traits, she is a Goofball, Geek and Genius. Usually her Aspiration is Love, in particular, Looking for a Soulmate. Kymchee 1 actually initiated the divorce from Bill Nye after the Romance Festival after realizing how handsome Benny Olsen was. The reason for Kymchee 2 was to put my parents in simself form and in order to keep the paradox inhibitor in check, I intentionally starved Kymchee 1 to death.

Scholar
#1910 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 5:44 AM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 19th Jun 2018 at 9:24 AM.
Henry is my absolute favorite sim ever. I've actually been playing him since TS3. But I'm way more attached to this version.^

Henry realises it's time for his son's afternoon nap... it seems Leif is already tuckered out.

But he won't sleep alone in his toddler bed, so Henry compromises and reads him a story.

Success! (Uh he changed him into his jammies)

They didn't plan for him but now they can't imagine their lives without him.

Here is his headshot in CAS. He has mom's eyes, dad's nose and mouth, chin. It's interesting because in the other reality ALL SIX of Henry's children that he had with Jade Rosa got HIS eyes. Even his alien daughter has his eyes.
Forum Resident
#1911 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 5:45 AM
I only got the game this past weekend, so I am still exploring, My current Sims are:
Erin Kennedy, based on a Maxis sim in Sims3. She's in the astronaut path, a low orbit engineer or something. Her partner Blaire Waeger is a senior manager. I love all of the references to The Office in the Sims 4 business career! They have a biological son, Liam, as a result of my testing Sims4's gender and sex mechanics. Liam is effectively being raised in a commune, because Erin and Blaire's roomies, Tobias and Liberty Lee, take as much care of him as his parents do. I saw the option for them to become adopted caregivers but haven't explored it yet. Tobias was my test sim for at-home work (writing), but he attracted Liberty's attention and she spent so much time coming over I had Tobias marry her. Now they have their own son, Christopher.

I gotta say, I adore Sims 4's toddlers. I'm almost tempted to get the parenthood pack. Usually I HATE toddlers in the sims games, because they demand so much attention. Toddlers here also demand attention, but the rewards are greater. There's more stuff to do with them.
Scholar
#1912 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 6:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smellincoffee

I gotta say, I adore Sims 4's toddlers. I'm almost tempted to get the parenthood pack. Usually I HATE toddlers in the sims games, because they demand so much attention. Toddlers here also demand attention, but the rewards are greater. There's more stuff to do with them.

SAME. I loathed toddlers in 2 and 3. The screaming, the crying. The toddlers in 2 were cute but something went horribly, horribly wrong with 3. Also, I hate to be that parent, but get them a Wabbit Tablet and they can gain their skills quietly and theyre far less trouble.
Mad Poster
#1913 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 9:24 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 19th Jun 2018 at 7:08 PM.
Tore down the spa. It was a tough call.

I put a house on that plot of land where the spa was.

I moved the first 8 Disney Princesses into the house...and they started attacking Ariel.(according to the rules, Disney Princesses must come from financially and critically successful films; be born royal, marry royal or perform a great feat of heroism and above all, must be 100% human. Since Ariel gets a 67% grade on this litmus test, it stood to reason she got ejected first from my Big Brother\Real World type house drama and is living elsewhere in a different world.)

Yes, I can be savage about my princess preferences. For example, I liked the Beast's human form, I don't really considered Pocahontas a Disney Princess unless you count her helping to spare John Smith's life to prevent the Algonquin tribe and the British Virginia Company wage war on each other and that although I first saw The Little Mermaid as my first Disney movie...I actually cheered on Ursula, the sea witch.

Either way, I got a house ready for the Tsukino family. Gothic interior, 3 stories, 3 bed, 3 bath.

Chibi Usa was a bit of a brat to throw flour and paint on the sidewalk.

But she dug up some crystals. Just like her dear old dad. (In certain continuities of Sailor Moon, Mamoru Chiba was studying mineralogy and gemology as his college majors.)

Scholar
#1914 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 2:06 AM
Stopped playing this guy:

Because the first love is broken and I don't want them losing their first love status

So I'm now playing this guy, lol. This is the Adult Henry from my main save. There he is with his alien daughter and his young adult son, George behind him.

They have very different lives but they are the same sim. I just updated Henry SR.'s look to match Alternate_Henry's as it would be weird if they didn't look alike. There were only minor bone structure differences. In fact, their looks are more of a throw back to how he originally looked when I made him. Why did I ever change him, really?
Mad Poster
#1915 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 12:57 PM
Stopped playing this guy:

Because the first love is broken and I don't want them losing their first love status

So I'm now playing this guy, lol. This is the Adult Henry from my main save. There he is with his alien daughter and his young adult son, George behind him.

They have very different lives but they are the same sim. I just updated Henry SR.'s look to match Alternate_Henry's as it would be weird if they didn't look alike. There were only minor bone structure differences. In fact, their looks are more of a throw back to how he originally looked when I made him. Why did I ever change him, really?

I wonder that too as I make Kymchee, my simself, skinny. I mean, I'm pretty chunkified and molecularly dense, to the point of wondering if I can float at all.

Either way, the thing about a customizable character is making it fit the kinds of stories you want to tell.

Then again with the advent of custom content, it expands further the use of customization.

You probably had reason to change Henry, but I am genuinely happy for you that you are satisfied with the results of your tweaks.

Scholar
#1916 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 10:12 PM
Thanks, you're sweet.
Mad Poster
#1917 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 10:57 PM
I always look forward to weekends in the sims. Perfect time for relationship building and family bonding:

The Receptacle still lives!
Forum Resident
#1918 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 4:27 AM
A newly created sim I made to test out the comedy career invited her best friend to move in, because said friend was always over there anyway. The friend had a child in her household with the same last name, so I chose to move in the child as well. Welp, turns out said kid is not the best friend's daughter, so...my sim aided and abetted a kidnapping, I guess. Oops. Well, we'll raise her right.

At the Friends and Strangers household, my first Sims 4 savegame, all is chaos despite there being four adults in the house. They can't seem to stay ahead of the broken appliances and filthy toilets and showers, possibly because they have two toddlers to deal with. Liam, the first toddler, grew up into a depressed child because no one remebered his birthday. Sorry, kid, I didn't realize that was a thing. He also has a stuck bladder moodlet, so...I guess he's just going to be depressed for a while. He likes to play the violin, which is hysterical. On the bright side, his mom Blaire finally got her Hedge Fund promotion. No worries about money, but I'm still still learning the game...

Attachment: Khalilah Hatcher, my sim, takes care of her accidental adoptee by spraying for the monster under the bed. Kids in this game are fun.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#1919 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 8:30 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 21st Jun 2018 at 8:45 AM.
Thanks, you're sweet.

I try.

Besides, I love both games with presets like the franchises with stories (Sonic, Mario, Pokémon) and then there are games with a basic story\outline but are customizable (The Sims series and the Mii Series of games which includes Tomodachi Life and Miitopia)

If I get into the gaming industry, I aim to be more like Satoru Iwata was in life: he had a genuine passion for gaming that also shaped 2-3 decades of releases. He was able to make the games Pokemon Gold and Silver happen by compression of files to fit in the cartridge's storage unit in question.

He did so much for the industry and I would do anything to make gaming less about monetary bottom lines and more about winning people over with games programmed with heart.

In all honesty, I think that might be why the change of hands in power at EA has left me cold. Depending on who was in charge, the values varied wildly.

My father once told me "There is no sane way you can make money selling dog shit." Well, by this reasoning I would prefer programmers and executive who also have gaming experience as in picked up a game and logged a day's worth of time or more in the game. Then again, you can sell highest quality goods or you can shill dog shit.

When I get the Seasons pack installed tomorrow morning (6/22), I may further go into the Big Brother\Real World house of the Disney Princesses. Just remember, Ariel got ejected.

Space Pony
#1920 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 11:16 AM
I had to remove MCC from my game. I removed WW a while back too because it was so outdated.

Dag-Dag
Mad Poster
#1921 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 10:01 PM
Tomorrow, I will focus on Forgotten House, where heroines and unsuccessful princesses live. In the house, live Eilowny (The Black Cauldron, 1985), Esmeralda (The Hunchback of Notre Dame, 1996), Megara (Hercules, 1997), Jane Porter (Tarzan, 1999), Princess Kidagakash "Kida" (Atlantis: The Lost Empire, 2001). Eilowny and Kida are actually bound together in that if one is accepted into the official circle, the other goes in too. However, Kida was modestly successful and Eilowny nearly destroyed the animation department due to how bad her movie failed (This was during the pre-Renaissance decline after Walt died in 1966, leaving the Jungle Book as his last film he had major control of. With The Great Mouse Detective as a pre-Renaissance revival, which the couple of movie leading to the Renaissance with The Little Mermaid.)

Eilowny and Kida may graduate if one of the official housemates gets ejected for any of the three reasons: Birthright, Nuptial or Valor or a lack there of.

Field Researcher
#1922 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 1:36 AM
After three days of going through CC because of some issues and playing Sims 3 I've picked Sims 4 up again. I made a cute little double family house. Quickly came to the realization that just as in Sims 2, the Sims doesn't care which house they are in... I guess I could lock doors to family only? But that might cause issues with guests. Eh. The house looks nice tho.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#1923 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RicoSuavecito
I had to remove MCC from my game. I removed WW a while back too because it was so outdated.

I believe MCC got an update at the 20th tho? I had to update it because otherwise the game wouldn't load. Now it seems to be working alright. However the Seasons pack might break stuff. As for WW I ran into a script error. An update fixed that however.
Scholar
#1924 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
After three days of going through CC because of some issues and playing Sims 3 I've picked Sims 4 up again. I made a cute little double family house. Quickly came to the realization that just as in Sims 2, the Sims doesn't care which house they are in... I guess I could lock doors to family only? But that might cause issues with guests. Eh. The house looks nice tho.

You can lock the door to specific household members as well, if that helps..
Field Researcher
#1925 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
You can lock the door to specific household members as well, if that helps..

Doesn't that require a mod tho? I haven't checked if it works in vanilla.
Page 77 of 104