Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 4:09 AM
Default 'Special' clothing category and new costumes?
Hi guys,

I'm trying to think of a way to create some new Halloween costumes for Seasons.
Maybe I'm being a bit too ambitious because I haven't done very much modding, but I'd appreciate it if some people gave me some pointers.

I noticed that halloween costumes are categorized as 'special,' even though they also show up in 'everyday' (ugh). Would adding some outfits to the 'special' category add them to the costume pool? Even if it would not, is there a tutorial about adding outfits to the special category, because there are some ea outfits that I would prefer not to see in everyday (the male neon skeleton full outfit from showtime) as well as some fantasy cc outfits. Also, is there any information on the 'special' category and how to access it during normal game play?

Thanks for your advice, and sorry for my noobishness
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 9:26 AM
Adding items to the special category will be pretty simple. First up, clone an outfit that's already in the Special category, so you can open it up in S3PE and find out which Unknown category corresponds to Special. Then clone the items you want to add to special and set them to use that Unknown. As for whether or not they'll actually work as costumes... there's only one way to find out.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 10:58 AM
Well I had a look at the hotdog costume, but it's just true for everyday and nothing else. Oh well.
I had another question. If I wanted to re-categorize an EA outfit, like a dress that looks a little dressy and would be more appropriate for formal wear, would I just follow your instructions here:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=491174
and stick the re-categorized outfit package in the mods folder?

Also, could I re-categorize outfits I hate to some category that I usually don't go into like career outfits? Would that corrupt anything?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 11:51 AM
Yes, those instructions apply to any kind of recategorising. And if you don't ever want to see an outfit again, just set all the categories to False.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.