Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#101 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 9:21 PM
Yes, you can vertices/faces. The problem you had may be because there were quad faces created by using the knife tool. I will be updating soon, since i got the morphs worked out and you released your tool. I just had to come up with a way to fix/copy normals, like Wes's tools(currently in progress).

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#102 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
Yes, you can vertices/faces. The problem you had may be because there were quad faces created by using the knife tool. I will be updating soon, since i got the morphs worked out and you released your tool. I just had to come up with a way to fix/copy normals, like Wes's tools(currently in progress).

Good news - thanks! I'll see if I can figure out how to split faces properly.
Test Subject
#103 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 10:56 AM
Thank u so much, but how to rig. T_T milk shape i can, but blender how to.
Test Subject
#104 Old 27th Aug 2012 at 3:22 AM Last edited by danceguy : 27th Aug 2012 at 3:32 AM.
I am using Blender 2.63 and the latest (5.28.12) version of the plugin. I am still having the same problem I was having with the previous version (post #71).

When editing clothing, if I just move vertices around, everything works as expected. I can export successfully. However, if I add or remove vertices I usually get the "index out of range" error. (I have, at least once, exported successfully after removing vertices as a quick test. However, when I try it on a real project, it fails.)

Specifically, I am trying to take a pair of men's dress slacks and turn them into dressy Bermuda shorts for my tropical island town. I am trying to follow the procedure in Cmar's "Frankenmesh" tutorial, but using Blender instead of Milkshape. I imported the slacks and body bottom, cut the legs off the slacks and the torso and thighs off the body, created a cuff on the pant legs, and tried to export the pants mesh. It failed. I can, however, successfully export the modified body mesh.

It appears that adding vertices may be the problem. The body legs only required removing vertices, and the successful quick test did, too. However, the pants required adding vertices to create the cuff. (Yes, I could do this with the normal map, and will for LOD2 and LOD3, but at LOD1 the difference between normal mapping and real geometry is noticeable, and the difference is only 20 vertices. Compared to, say, even the simplest hair mesh, this is nothing.) Most of my previous unsuccessful attempts to export have also involved adding vertices. I one particular test, I imported a mesh and, without modifying it, exported it successfully. I then added one vertex by subdividing one edge. This resulted in only triangular faces, no quads. This modified mesh could not be exported.

How can I export a mesh that has added vertices?
Test Subject
#105 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 8:07 PM
I correctly installed the plugin, but whenever I try to import a file, it gives me this message
http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums...16/a63e7266.jpg
What does this mean!? I'm about to burst into tears because I've been working on this forever!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#106 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 8:18 PM
danceguy - You're getting that error because when you add vertices, they are missing an assigned vertex index. This is resolved by using the Renumber button.

orangeache - You pic say you're using a test build of 2.64. I can't support test build, only public releases. I don't know how it works in a test build.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#107 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 12:37 AM
danceguy - You're getting that error because when you add vertices, they are missing an assigned vertex index. This is resolved by using the Renumber button.

orangeache - You pic say you're using a test build of 2.64. I can't support test build, only public releases. I don't know how it works in a test build.

Ok, I downloaded version 2.60, and I ended up putting the .py file into my addon's folder.
I found the plugin in the addon section of blender, but for some reason it won't let me check it.
Do you have any idea why this would happen?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#108 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 3:51 AM
The current release version is 2.63. Is this the version that you have?

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#109 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 10:33 PM
The current release version is 2.63. Is this the version that you have?

Alright, I finally got this thing figured out, thanks!
Test Subject
#110 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 2:09 AM
cmomoney -- Thank you! However, maybe I'm blind, but I can't seem to find the Renumber button. Where would that be?
Test Subject
#111 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 12:53 AM
And I lied, I do have one more question.

When I export to a simgeomfile, it saves as simgeom.bak.

how to I get it to save as just a .simgeom file so I can upload to CTU?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#112 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 1:16 AM
When you export, you are supposed to select the file you imported. That file is changed into a .bak file, and a new file is created with the same name as the original.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#113 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 12:11 PM
When you export, you are supposed to select the file you imported. That file is changed into a .bak file, and a new file is created with the same name as the original.

Alright, I did that, and the resulting simgeom file is 1 KB instead of 64 KB
Is that correct?
Test Subject
#114 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 8:37 PM
Default help working on an heair mesh
http://theolas.deviantart.com/gallery/40077138#/d5hwkj8
get that error
this happens on import
when export gert blank mesh
Instructor
#115 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 12:27 AM
I'm also getting the "list index out of range" error, and can't find any "renumber" button. I didn't add any vertices to my mesh, but I did delete quite a lot.
Screenshots

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Test Subject
#116 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 2:27 PM
Hi, getting same error as PunkyBreester. I didn't add or delete any verticies, just moved a few around. It works the first time I export it, but not the second.

I'm probably doing something really obviously dumb, I'm a complete sims cc beginner. I read through this thread but I couldn't find an answer, but maybe I missed something. Sorry for bothering you!
Test Subject
#117 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 6:23 AM
Hi cmo, Im using 2.63.0 and the 'renumber indexes' button doesn't seem to be working? I added a part to the mesh, then assigned it to an existing vertex group, and then clicked 'renumber indexes', but nothing happens. No message in console when I click the renumber button. So I'm unable to export without getting the same error PunkyBreester posted. Same thing happens in 2.6.0
Test Subject
#118 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 10:47 AM
i would like help pleases on my post
Test Subject
#119 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by drspaceman
Hi cmo, Im using 2.63.0 and the 'renumber indexes' button doesn't seem to be working?

Where is the 'renumber indexes' button? I asked two months ago and never got an answer, and I still haven't found it.
Test Subject
#120 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by danceguy
Where is the 'renumber indexes' button? I asked two months ago and never got an answer, and I still haven't found it.

In the scene tab, check attached ss.

If you aren't using 2.63.0 it sometimes doesn't show up.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#121 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 3:48 AM
Thanks, drspaceman. Funny, I've never paid much attention to that tab. I mostly use the materials, textures, render and modifiers tabs. I guess I'll pay attention to it from now on.
Test Subject
#122 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 12:53 AM Last edited by drspaceman : 1st Dec 2012 at 4:56 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by danceguy
Thanks, drspaceman. Funny, I've never paid much attention to that tab. I mostly use the materials, textures, render and modifiers tabs. I guess I'll pay attention to it from now on.

did the button work for you? i am still unable to figure out why it is not working, maybe i am not clicking hard enough
Test Subject
#123 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 10:50 AM Last edited by PACO50 : 15th Dec 2012 at 3:29 PM.
Does It work with Blender 64-bits version?

.... I tried to do it and got this error:

Code:
...loading auRig
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/jm/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.63/scripts/addons/io_TS3_geom.py", line 135, in execute
    self.parsefile(self.filepath, rt)
  File "/Users/jm/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.63/scripts/addons/io_TS3_geom.py", line 175, in parsefile
    rcolVersion = readLong('RCOLVERSION')
  File "/Users/jm/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.63/scripts/addons/io_TS3_geom.py", line 167, in readLong
    return read(s, 'l', 4, hex);
  File "/Users/jm/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.63/scripts/addons/io_TS3_geom.py", line 163, in read
    l = struct.unpack(l, f.read(size))[0]                            
struct.error: unpack requires a bytes object of length 8

Regards.
Test Subject
#124 Old 19th Dec 2012 at 11:01 PM
Hi there,

I am trying to import the CASRoom file found in FullBuild0. In S3PE it is tagged as a _RIG file and when exported is a *.grannyrig file. I've attached the error that I get upon trying to import the file. It doesn't ever load, just gives me that error and the workspace remains blank.

It's a straight-from-game file so I can't imagine it's a CC problem.
Screenshots

tumblr and [URL=https://simfileshare.net/folder/14069/[/URL]
Test Subject
#125 Old 24th Dec 2012 at 8:51 PM
Is this script working with pets's objects (like saddles, bridles and other)?
If it is - why is blender hangs up when I export meshes? Blender version is 2.63 and 2.65
Thanks for attn
Page 5 of 9