Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#76 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 8:48 AM Last edited by Manna2710 : 24th Apr 2017 at 8:10 PM.
I download so much cc, drop it in a folder and never install it. But this week i discoverd: how to convert a sims3 pack to a package and how to merge packages . Last night i spent hours on end with cc downloading, converting en merging (overslept this morning). My other bad habbit: I will get OBSESSED with the game, play for hours and weeks and then stop playing for months . And i like to micromanage to much.
I really want a high end pc to trow in more MODS to enhance the gameplay :D

Happy-Go-Lucky
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 1:57 AM
I spend a lot of time in build mode, building other lots around town, instead of playing.

When I do play, I have a difficult time finding something for my characters to do that isn't low-class.
Field Researcher
#78 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 7:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I keep forgetting to clear saved lots out of my bin. I noticed a couple of days ago that I had 87 copies of "Alaric's New House-Unfinished." All different.

Haha, I do the same with the sims/households I create. There's over five copies of the same sim in my sim bin with each version being only slightly improved and tweaked. The inner perfectionist in me is showing lol.
Field Researcher
#79 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 7:21 AM Last edited by flowr : 26th Apr 2017 at 7:24 AM. Reason: phrasing
Quote: Originally posted by Manna2710
I download so much cc, drop it in a folder and never install it.

At least you download the CC into one folder, try as I might to keep the all CC that I have downloaded in a structured and organized manner I always end up with more organizing work to do as the CC are strewn all over the place on my hard drive.Literally. I honestly don't even know where to start anymore.
Scholar
#80 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 11:54 AM
If I'm populating a world, I start off doing great work! I build a nice, non-box house (one store... I barely build more than one floor) and make a family with a lot of facial altercations; I plan some sort of family background for them... then, as it continues, I begin to slack off and sometimes just grab a Sim, change the gender and alter minor things before calling it done. You can tell from quality where I started building.
Site Helper
#81 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flowr
At least you download the CC into one folder, try as I might to keep all the CC that I have downloaded in a structured and organized manner I always end up with more organizing work to do as the CC are strewn all over the place on my hard drive.Literally. I honestly don't even know where to start anymore.

I do that, too, although a lot of mine ends up in the Windows Download directory, where, months or (in a few cases) years later, I find it and have to use Dashboard to see if it was supposed to be in my Sims 2 game or my Sims 3 game.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#82 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 8:22 PM
Complete and utter lack of time progression. My sims rarely age, they rarely have romantic relationships, they rarely reproduce...They just dick around doing whatever for eternity.
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
Forgetting to put in a burglar alarm - until it's too late!
I've never had a burglar in TS3 . I even installed one of the mods to increase chances of it, but I guess my Sims are always awake when the event is supposed to trigger.

Probably my worst habit is hoarding, hoarding, virtual hoarding. Rock collections, bug collections, cut gems, custom paintings, perfect fish, perfect veggies, skill diplomas, custom books. And from expansions now I've got sculptures, WA relics, inventions, potions, career rewards, basically everything you can't buy in the Shop or Buy Menu. Oh, and mods, I have trouble uninstalling mods that I'm no longer using.

My second worst habit is CAS. I spend so much time trying to make my family look nice and colour-coordinated, but it takes ages.

Lastly, I never really take the time to redecorate the house. I probably should update it every now and then, the carpets & wallpapers & decorations, but it takes forever and I'm kindof used to how it is now.

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Mad Poster
#84 Old 1st May 2017 at 9:40 PM
I love the collecting part also. I tracked my legacy family extensively in excel and that included keeping track of darn near everything including all collections.
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 3:52 PM
My bad simming habit? Placing a seasonal marker at the start of building and then place items in a certain season instead of the common category.
Of course I only notice it after decorating half the lot.
Oh, that and mapping out the entire life of my sim too much.
Instructor
#86 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 4:56 PM
I plan out the future for all of my Sims, but I don't get to play enough that by the time I go to play again three months - a year later, I don't remember what I was doing so I get discouraged and feel like I'm messing everything up.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 9:17 AM
My worst simming habit is trying to install and play The Sims 3 when I know it won't work. I think I need to attend Simmers Anonymous.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#88 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anarchy Blues
My worst simming habit is trying to install and play The Sims 3 when I know it won't work. I think I need to attend Simmers Anonymous.

I've had that with another game I knew would brick my entire PC. Wanted to play it so much that I figured, "what the hell", and tried it anyway. Thankfully you can just turn the clock back and undo everything you've done for a week, so that was no problem, but I did actually permanently brick a PC once, for good, and TS3 played a huge role in it. Sold the thing to my nephew who miraculously got it working again, or at least 50% of the time.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Alchemist
#89 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 5:05 PM
Micromanaging. I just can't sit there and watch my sims pointlessly fuck up their relationships, waste their time, and fail to properly tend their motives, until they drop dead. I've tried, folks, so many times, and so hard, to give up control. I just can't.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#90 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 5:07 PM
Didn't they originally advertise TS3 for the option to leave your Sims alone and come back to them alive and well, hours later? Whatever happened to that?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Alchemist
#91 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Didn't they originally advertise TS3 for the option to leave your Sims alone and come back to them alive and well, hours later? Whatever happened to that?

I tried to do multiple ISBI legacy attempts.... I could feel the life draining from my body with every passing minute.
I eventually stopped attempting it when I shat blood and passed out on the keyboard lost every ounce of my patience waiting for them to do something useful or productive.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 7:26 PM
I play way too many monster, evil, criminal, or demonic-looking Sims. Tried to make a little pink dollhouse for adorable orphan kid Sims and their caregivers. It has lots of pets, flowers and general whimsy. Of course, I got bored and needed extra room, so I added a secret underground criminal base with an implied toy sweatshop for the orphans. But, but, underneath that is a night club, and night clubs aren't evil so it's a step in the right direction, right guys

I talk to myself but no one answers ;_;
Mad Poster
#93 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 8:11 PM
Mine is the classic "Celebrity Creation" scenario when you have your sim self and celebrities as friends, neighbors and lovers.

As you may guess, famous nerd TV personalities are usually my thing, but rock stars do well in the moment.

I am not normal. But then again, I consider intelligence, charisma and power to be a powerful triple action aphrodisiac.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#94 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 1:47 AM Last edited by bassoon_crazy : 15th Jul 2017 at 1:57 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lessien Vardamir
My bad simming habit? Placing a seasonal marker at the start of building and then place items in a certain season instead of the common category.
Of course I only notice it after decorating half the lot.

I remember very recently, I was playing my game and was about to send my sim to take a shower. Then I realized the shower I had placed wasn't there. I was lost. I was thinking maybe it was stolen, but that wouldn't make much sense because the game would notify if a burglar had stolen something, right? It took me forever to realize what had happened. I had set down a Seasonal lot marker and shortly after that my sim's shower broke so I replaced it, but... It was set in Winter mode, and it was Spring now.

I moved her, and the "missing" shower showed up in the family inventory. I felt so dumb.

Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
My Sims age like normal people, because they are literally normal people. Everything about them is identical to real people, so they age naturally too. In The Sims, there is no clear passage of time, but there obviously is in my The Sims. My plan is to ultimately have 4 different saves, each with the same Sims, but at different points in time. A summary:
- 2012-2017, Sims are young adults
- 2008, Sims are in their late teens
- 1988, Sims are infants so I play with their parents
- 2029, Sims are in their 40s

Oh, dear lord, that timeline. It's too accurate to my life. Don't remind me I'll be in my 40s in 2029.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Site Helper
#95 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
Oh, dear lord, that timeline. It's too accurate to my life. Don't remind me I'll be in my 40s in 2029.

No, you'll be "over 21." There's no point in counting years after that. Having a party on your birthday, yes. Counting the years, no. AARP will let you know when you've hit 55 and can start getting Senior discounts at places, which will let you decide if you want to stay "over 21" or switch to "over 55. "

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#96 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 5:33 AM
My worst habit is being obsessed with the population of my world. If the game spawns a random sim, the very second I see it I just delete it from the game. Once a sim in my town with great heritage accidentally got married to one of those random "pudding face #1" sims and had kids with it. I had to delete the pudding sim and the kids, I just cant allow the genes of my town be polluted with the pudding

My simblr AsdSims
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#97 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 10:57 PM
My problem is the opposite; I obsess over my Sims and my Sims only. I'm like a crazy cat lady; fuck the world, fuck everyone in it, as long as my tiny little pet humans are perfectly happy in their perfect little lives with their different, perfect little clothes every day.
And it just gets worse and worse the more experienced I get with CASt. 12 differently coloured and patterned variations of the same suit for a single Sim, anyone?

insert signature here
Field Researcher
#98 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 10:54 PM
My worst habit seems to be that I still play the game on an old, cheap computer that takes forever to boot up!

I have to set aside an entire day if I want to play an afternoon's worth of Sims 3. The game itself runs fine, once it starts up. But this cheap, aged computer insists that I must wait a grand total of fifteen minutes before I can even log on, and then it takes another half hour to "download the latest version of Origin"! SO annoying!
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stormcat3
My worst habit seems to be that I still play the game on an old, cheap computer that takes forever to boot up!

I have to set aside an entire day if I want to play an afternoon's worth of Sims 3. The game itself runs fine, once it starts up. But this cheap, aged computer insists that I must wait a grand total of fifteen minutes before I can even log on, and then it takes another half hour to "download the latest version of Origin"! SO annoying!

Have you merged your package files already? That reduced the start up time of my game drastically (from about 2-3 hours to 15-20 minutes). Although I guess it still takes 20 minutes on my piece of junk

Edit: Rereading it I guess you ment logging on to your computer, my bad. I usually have my laptop in sleep mode, so I don't have a lot of experience with that
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#100 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lessien Vardamir
Have you merged your package files already? That reduced the start up time of my game drastically (from about 2-3 hours to 15-20 minutes). Although I guess it still takes 20 minutes on my piece of junk

3 hours? Jesus.
But I guess I'm more surprised by how much merging your packages helped. I didn't think it could take more than 10% off your loading time, to be honest.

insert signature here
Page 4 of 9