Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ice Cream Stand

by Arsil Posted 19th Jun 2015 at 11:03 PM - Updated 2nd Aug 2015 at 7:03 PM by Arsil : minor update

88 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 63 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#51 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 9:01 PM
Just saw Sandy's new ice cream items over on ATS3. And followed her link to your Mod here. Thank you so much for doing what EA should have done in the first place. Finally my sims will have to pay for their ice cream, without me having to track the little pixelated thieves down and deleting the funds from them. Again, thank you!!!
Test Subject
#52 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 10:10 PM
Hey please help , I installed the mod but it doesn't seem to be working , I placed the stand on the community lot but nothing happens
Inventor
Original Poster
#53 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 9:13 AM
Is your game patched as recommend in the Mod Info section of the mod's description?
Are you using NRaas Register or another mod that stops townies' immigration?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#54 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 11:12 AM
My Sims only can buy juice,no ice-cream,do you know why, yes im fully patched to 167, all the files are in my mods folder, no idea what's wrong, the only other mods I have is overwatch, master controller. icarusallsorts.EatOutsideRestaurant, any ideas?
Inventor
Original Poster
#55 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 12:02 PM
Can you describe exactly what happens? Are the ice creams at least displayed in the shopping window?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#56 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 12:10 PM
My sim goes to the stand, I'm using sandy's object at the moment, I click on it buy food and in the window that opens just juice shows, I have run delphy's dashboard no conflicts, in the show settings I can see all the ice creams and juice in the list, i'm at a loss.
Inventor
Original Poster
#57 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 12:15 PM
It's a bit hard to guess.
- try to redownload the mod (don't ask me why this should make sense and fix the problem)
- use the super-patch to make sure your game is really patched to 1.67

If you want to make a further test, try placing a WA food cash register (if you don't have WA,
try with my custom cash registers) and see if you can buy an ice cream with that, keeping
in mind that Sims will get it on a plate and will eat it with a spoon (because the animation
to eat ice-cream is not the standard animation to eat regular foods and that's the one
the registers use).

EDIT: even if you are using Sandy's stand, you still have all 3 .packages of the mod in your
Mods/Packages, right? (well, the stand itself is not needed, since you are using a "custom" stand).
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#58 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 12:56 PM
I checked my game and it is patched to TS3 1.67.2.0240, I did however re-downloaded the super patcher and installed (I removed all my mods), I re-downloaded your mod and installed, same thing, I also tried the WA food register and there not showing in their either, I'm definitely dumb founded lol. I cannot think what could be wrong.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#59 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 2:54 AM
that mod is awesome, arsil any chance to update this mod to make we can give breaks to the work(choose the freedays) like the generic and the massage mods? could be really be able to set that things, like the others mods.
Inventor
Original Poster
#60 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 3:29 AM Last edited by Arsil : 19th Jul 2015 at 6:08 AM.
This mod doesn't use a custom role, but technically it might still be possible to do that
(or I could rewrite it to use a custom role). I'm actually at the moment busy with something else but, even
if I wasn't, I hope you understand that I can't keep supporting and updating my mods forever.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
This mod doesn't use a custom role, but technically it might still be possible to do that
(or I could rewrite it to use a custom role). I'm actually busy with something else but, even
if I wasn't, I hope you understand that I can't keep supporting and updating my mods forever.

hmm well thanks for the replay and really sad someone so amazing to lose is really bad, i really love your works, well at last ast long you still here(still desire to be here) will be good ^^, anyway really thanks for all your works, is really making the game even more cool than before.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#62 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 5:44 AM Last edited by midge719 : 19th Jul 2015 at 6:10 AM.
After going through all my mods thinking it was the problem, I switched households and it works, then I changed back to my original sim and it stopped working, found the issue, if you sims trait is vegetarian it wont work lol, so I changed his trait and it works fine, weird or what lol
Inventor
Original Poster
#63 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 6:10 AM
That sounds odd. The "love the heat" trait is related to the temperature motive, wasn't that freezed?
Are you using a selectable Sim to handle the stand?

EDIT : Ehm... see, now I'm mixing my mods, this one doesn't allow to select the motives to freeze :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#64 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 6:17 AM
No I got it wrong I amended my post it was vegetarian trait, took ages to fathom it out lol, but i'm chuffed now my sim can have a cone lol.
Inventor
Original Poster
#65 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 6:22 AM
Let me get this straight: are you saying that Sims with the vegetarian trait can't buy ice creams? Can you confirm this please?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#66 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 11:43 AM
That is what im saying, my sim would only buy juice, the minute I changed his trait from vegetarian it worked, so im guessing that's what the problem is, I ruled out CC after going through it and spent hours on, I also ruled it out as it worked on another sim, I even reset the sim in question and still nope it would not work until I did what I did and changed his trait. I even tried putting the trait back to vegetarian and it still wouldnt work, the minute I switched it again it works, so yep I would say the vegetarian trait is the issue.
Inventor
Original Poster
#67 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 5:35 PM
Fixed (set the ice cream recipes as vegetarian). Thanks for your feedback.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
That sounds odd. The "love the heat" trait is related to the temperature motive, wasn't that freezed?
Are you using a selectable Sim to handle the stand?

EDIT : Ehm... see, now I'm mixing my mods, this one doesn't allow to select the motives to freeze :D

lol, that is why could be interesting update that mod, to make a "default" system for all, well a little question this mod also enable autonomous buying?, like non played sims ask for ice cream in the stand?
Instructor
#69 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 12:16 PM
Can NPCs buy the ice cream and if its on a lot you own will your active family get the profits?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 1:33 AM
Hello! Sorry to bother you but when I placed this in my town and I clicked to buy something the only things it says is settings? Am I doing something wrong?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#71 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 5:29 PM
I love this Mod thank you for the hard work. To bad i got the same problem like Bubbibunny. I only get the option settings. All my other mods (i got al lot) are working fine.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 7:30 PM
hello arsil, is possible do add here like your others mods a option for have "day offs"?? where the service can take rest days??? if yes also could be good add that to your exotic dancer mod too.

really thanks for all the awesome work
Instructor
#73 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by t888
Can NPCs buy the ice cream and if its on a lot you own will your active family get the profits?

To answer my own question for the benefit of others: I know they can buy juice and NO your active family doesn't get the money and NEITHER does the vendor.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 9:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by t888
To answer my own question for the benefit of others: I know they can buy juice and NO your active family doesn't get the money and NEITHER does the vendor.

I was just coming here to report that the NPCs only buy the juice. I have no idea why they can't buy the ice cream.
Inventor
Original Poster
#75 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 12:51 PM
I just tried and they buy cones too.
Page 3 of 4