Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 7:08 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Quickly put all food in fridge?
Is there a more convenient way to put 432 tomatoes into the fridge instead of clicking, one by one? You know, hand gets tired after a while.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 10:18 AM
I personally never put that many tomatoes in a fridge. Since anything fresh put in there has the same effects on anything your sim will cook, I mostly put lemons in there. A lemon tree produces a lot.
I'll stuck the juicer instead.
For all the other fruits and veggies, I use the packaging station from SW. Sims use it to package single crates of.../many crates of...(all produces)
It is long when they have a lot, but you only have to click once per type of fruit/veggie. The crates that are then created cannot be put in the fridge, so I either leave them in the sim's inventory or place them on shelves.
What we would need would be an item such as The inventory transfer vase, but for fridges...instead of sim to sim.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Not actually evil.
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 6:20 PM
Packing station doesn't do quite what you want, but it is handy. You may want BoilingOil's improved version from leefish.

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=55

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Theorist
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 10:35 PM
I often used the packing station on a community, just so my sim didn't die of old age by the time they were finished. Not that it takes forever to do, just hate wasting their live spans on mundane stuff. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I personally never put that many tomatoes in a fridge. Since anything fresh put in there has the same effects on anything your sim will cook, I mostly put lemons in there. A lemon tree produces a lot.

It doesn't produce as much as a whole field of tomatoes right? And tomatoes are the cheapest seeds. And oh, I always thought you had to have a variety of vegetables in the fridge, and fish. Because when I tried to play a nature family , after a while they couldn't cook even though they had fresh food, so I thought it had to be because of the lack of variety. Maybe it was a bug because that neighborhood and lot were clearly corrupted, with furniture disappearing when a plant was composted.
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
What we would need would be an item such as The inventory transfer vase, but for fridges...instead of sim to sim.

Exactly! That's what I've been looking for, but whenever I google, I only get sims 3 stuff. And it's really easy in ts3 with this stuff. :/
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 6:40 PM
ahah! Yeah..no just any of the veggies or fruits will do. Even if my fridge is full of lemons only, my sims get sparkly cereal and toaster pastry.
If you have only fresh fish..then i do not remember.

Field Researcher
#7 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Oh, I always thought you had to have a variety of vegetables in the fridge, and fish. Because when I tried to play a nature family , after a while they couldn't cook even though they had fresh food, so I thought it had to be because of the lack of variety. Maybe it was a bug because that neighborhood and lot were clearly corrupted, with furniture disappearing when a plant was composted.

I had that happen a couple of times, too, and the problem seems to show up, when the amount of "normal" food goes below 0. The fridge then refuses to give out the fresh food that is stored in the fridge as well. For me it was ghosts who starved that caused this to happen. When they raid the fridge, they eat from the normal food. But the game doesn't check whether there is any normal food available or not. So, you end up with a negative score.

The fish can only be used to make the special fish recipes: bass with squash, blackened catfish, stuffed rainbow trout and stuffed golden trout. It does not count towards the fresh food count.

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Mad Poster
#8 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 7:39 PM
So..you won't be able to prepare mac&cheese, if you have some trouts and nothing else. Got it. lol

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 10:01 PM
Haha, okay, yeah that could be it! They had a ghost on the lot. Thanks for clearing up misconceptions!
Theorist
#10 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 4:20 PM
I don't put everything in the fridge either.
I use Pes' fruitbowl of Awesomeness to stock fresh produces.