Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:32 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Userstartup.cheat not working.
so i've double checked the file and placed it in all 4 different places i've been told to put it, but it doesn't work.
it is indeed a .cheat extension file, and not missing any "s
and none of the cheats placed before the aliases activate either.
when i try to use an alias i get the generic "command not recognized" error.

i was told to pput it someplace else if you have sims 3 installed so i put it there too. all 4 copies are the same exact file.

C:\Users\Emilin\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config - where the tutorial says to put it
F:\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\UserData - where globalstartup.cheat says to put it
F:\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\UserData\Config - dunno if global meant to put it in the base folder or this one so i did both.
F:\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\Config - where globalstartup.cheat is located

Code:
aging -off
boolProp petActionCancel true
boolProp ControlPets on
alias mon "moveObjects on" "Move Objects On" "Move Objects On"
alias mof "moveObjects off" Move Objects Off" "Move Objects Off"
alias k "kaching" "1,000 Simoleons" "kaching" 
alias tst "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" "testing" "testing" 
alias tstx "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false" "no testing" "no testing"

this is the contents of the file.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  userstartup.zip (344 Bytes, 53 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:57 PM
Probably the "aging -off" as I'm fairly sure you can't use that cheat in the cheat file. Try removing it and see if the file works. You can use an alias cheat instead.

Also, the "-" may not work in a cheat file.

You only need to put the "userstartup.cheat" file in the "C:\Users\...\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config" location. I've never heard you have to place it in the install files (you probably shouldn't).

Sims 3 has nothing to do with sims 2, so don't put the file in any of your Sims 3 locations (or TS4, for that matter).
Alchemist
#3 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Probably the "aging -off" as I'm fairly sure you can't use that cheat in the cheat file. Try removing it and see if the file works. You can use an alias cheat instead.

Also, the "-" may not work in a cheat file.

You only need to put the "userstartup.cheat" file in the "C:\Users\...\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config" location. I've never heard you have to place it in the install files (you probably shouldn't).

Sims 3 has nothing to do with sims 2, so don't put the file in any of your Sims 3 locations (or TS4, for that matter).

Agreed. Last time I posted about an aging -off in my userstartup.cheat, it was the problem. I had been doing it for years and wondering why I never got any alias to work! Take it out and it will probably work from config as it's supposed to.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 6:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Agreed. Last time I posted about an aging -off in my userstartup.cheat, it was the problem. I had been doing it for years and wondering why I never got any alias to work! Take it out and it will probably work from config as it's supposed to.

it worked, thanks you guys.