Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 5:36 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Dead kids leaving a mess!!
Long story short: My good looking sims are creating hideous children. So, I just kill them by drowning them. The problem is now there coming back to haunt me leaving puddles EVERYWHERE. My maid comes and cleans and I also clean but I can’t keep up with it. How do I get rid of there ghosts? also, I still have their headstones.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 6:12 AM
Click on the headstones. You should get an option to "move graves." Send them to a community lot (I suggest making a dedicated graveyard.)

The reason they're leaving puddles is that they drowned. If you starve them, they'll get into the fridge. If you burn them, they'll be very angry and scare people into wetting themselves, leaving puddles.

However, I strongly suggest that you have patience and let these "hideous" children grow into their faces. Many and many an "ugly" child has grown up to be gorgeous, while many "pretty" children grow up to be plain. Also, the better you know someone, the more you'll realize they're not ugly at all. True for people, true for sims!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 6:16 AM
It's also not the best idea to leave childrens' graves on residential lots. There's some odd glitches involving them.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 6:55 AM
Once they have a 'hideous' child, age them up and see how they look as an adult. Some ugly kids can be beautiful adults. Also if all they produce is ugly then that is what they will continue to produce, no point in producing more. It means the parent's faces are too different or over sculpted.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 7:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Once they have a 'hideous' child, age them up and see how they look as an adult. Some ugly kids can be beautiful adults. Also if all they produce is ugly then that is what they will continue to produce, no point in producing more. It means the parent's faces are too different or over sculpted.

I let them grow into teenagers before ever killing them off. There eyes were very sunken into their faces and their cheek bones were overly prominent making it look like my children were meth heads (no offense to anyone, I know addiction can suck) . I wanted to delete The headstones because I thought that would fix the problem but I also didn’t want to just let them be completely forgotten. I will dedicate a lot to the dead. Thanks!!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 8:19 AM
No never delete headstones! That's the same as deleting a sim, it causes instant corruption to your hood. If you have the critical fix 'no unlink on delete' it's probably okay, that should have stopped the unlinking, but don't delete sims/graves/urns ever.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 10:44 AM
If they're already teens or older by the time you kill them, there's no need to move the graves. Just change the death type from drowning to something less annoying.

Turn on the testing cheats (boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true).

Shift + left-click on the grave and select "Set Death Type..." Now choose what type of death you want the ghost to have and save your game.

Note that this is limited to base game deaths. Death types from the EPs (death by elevator, rally forth, hailstones, etc.) will not show up on the list even if you have those EPs installed.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 9:54 PM
Default Dead kids leaving a mess ?
Quote: Originally posted by catlady17
Long story short: My good looking sims are creating hideous children. So, I just kill them by drowning them. The problem is now there coming back to haunt me leaving puddles EVERYWHERE. My maid comes and cleans and I also clean but I can’t keep up with it. How do I get rid of there ghosts? also, I still have their headstones.

What version of Sims are you playing ????
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 10:22 PM
They are playing Sims 2 and their profile says up to BV.

~Call me Jo~