Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 1:53 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2: All of my households are gone
When starting up my ts2 game, everything was gone. My saves, my downloads, everything. I started it up again, and most of the downloads were back - but my families and their houses are still gone :(( has anyone been in the same situation? i dont know what to do
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 2:00 PM
How old is(are) your Neighborhood(s) ?
How big in size, are your cache files? (Content Registry, accessory.cache, group.cache & cigen.package) You should get rid of them, delete them before they get too big.
You might have a corrupted game...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 2:59 PM
Backup? (Because that's why we need those).
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 4:08 PM
Hoods disappearing may well be corruption, so I hope you have a backup.

When you look in the Neighborhoods folder, do you see the subfolders for the missing neighborhoods?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Hoods disappearing may well be corruption, so I hope you have a backup.

When you look in the Neighborhoods folder, do you see the subfolders for the missing neighborhoods?

yes, they're called "suburb001", "suburb002" and so on...
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 2:49 PM
Those are the stealth hoods. Do you see the NXXX folder? Does it have character files and so on?

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 2:57 PM
Those are the stealth hoods. Do you see the NXXX folder? Does it have character files and so on?

NXXX? Like N001? I see the "Characters" and the other files/maps
Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 3:58 PM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 29th Jan 2018 at 4:12 PM.
Yes, the neighborhoods are numbered according to a protocol. N001 is Pleasantview, etc. If you can see them, and they don't show up, corruption is very likely, but first - try deleting your neighborhood manager file, then launching the game. It should create a new neighborhood manager file, and it should show all the neighborhoods that have folders that aren't too corrupt to load.

ETA: Hang on, you said households, not neighborhoods. I wasn't awake yet. Scratch all that. Look at them in SimPE. Can you find the characters who belong in those households? what color are their backgrounds?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 5:27 PM
Yes, the neighborhoods are numbered according to a protocol. N001 is Pleasantview, etc. If you can see them, and they don't show up, corruption is very likely, but first - try deleting your neighborhood manager file, then launching the game. It should create a new neighborhood manager file, and it should show all the neighborhoods that have folders that aren't too corrupt to load.

ETA: Hang on, you said households, not neighborhoods. I wasn't awake yet. Scratch all that. Look at them in SimPE. Can you find the characters who belong in those households? what color are their backgrounds?

wow yes, they're there !! But they are not playable
It says: Blue=Unlinked Sim; Red=No character data