Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 4:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to add vacation days using SIMPE
I would like to add vacation days to one of my sims as 1 per week is barely anything unless you're playing really really long lifespans. I read a tutorial on here to do so with SimPE but it isn't working (tells me to go the extended browser and choose decimal then scroll until I find a certain line but the box is just empty for me and nothing seems to be loading even when I left it open for awhile. It might be worth noting I have the UC so I don't know if that would be the reason it isn't working.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 6:09 PM
The sim manipulator lets you add vacation days ingame
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 6:40 PM
I'd use a mod for vacation days, but in general, to solve that SimPE issue you need to load object workshop before you open your neighbourhood.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims2314
I would like to add vacation days to one of my sims as 1 per week is barely anything unless you're playing really really long lifespans. I read a tutorial on here to do so with SimPE but it isn't working (tells me to go the extended browser and choose decimal then scroll until I find a certain line but the box is just empty for me and nothing seems to be loading even when I left it open for awhile. It might be worth noting I have the UC so I don't know if that would be the reason it isn't working.

Thanks in advance!

The insiminator let you add vacation days, but I recommend my PTO3 or PTO5 careers. Default is PTO7 so 1 vacationday for 7 days of work.
I hope that helps you out a bit.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 7:36 PM
I have downloaded the PTO3 careers today but would like to be able to add days freely for the mean time until they start building some up. I cannot use the insiminator mod because it conflicts with inteen. What is the Sim Manipulator?
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 11:23 PM
I have downloaded the PTO3 careers today but would like to be able to add days freely for the mean time until they start building some up. I cannot use the insiminator mod because it conflicts with inteen. What is the Sim Manipulator?

In my opinion the easiest way to add Vacation days is to use Squinge's Grilled Cheese and Date Counter it is a picture object that looks like the Lady In Red and one just needs to click on the Cheat menu and select add Vacation days. I like it because its main use is to show you the number of Best Friends, Dates, Wealth earned, Woohoo, Makeouts, etc.

Get The Sim Manipulator as well, it is very useful and I have it myself.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 11:39 PM
@lordtyger9
I just checked your first link (Grilled Cheese painting thing), and there is nothing in the description that seems to deal with vacation days?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
@lordtyger9
I just checked your first link (Grilled Cheese painting thing), and there is nothing in the description that seems to deal with vacation days?

I use this object mod all of the time and it has a few unmetioned features. I suppose that the Cheat Menu was added in an update of it.

In its Cheat menu for example it will add Children and Teens to Private School, it will max the work record, add vacation days, and Hack the Grades of Children and Teens and make them A+

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 12:06 AM

The Sim Manipulator is a mod similar to Insimenator. It allows easy access to a lot of game functions that are normally accessible only by using the testing cheats. You can read all about it and download it here:

http://simmanipulator.forumotion.co...sim-manipulator

I had never noticed that the Date Counter had a cheat menu on it. Thanks very much for the info. I learn something new every day in here!

@Rosebine - see the following post in the support thread. The main page doesn't mention that feature. Note that the menu item only shows up for sims who are either employed or in school. It won't show for unemployed adults and elders.
http://www.modthesims.info/download...228#post1925228
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 3:36 PM
Sim Manipulator is a good shout for this, but it's not the case that InSim and InTeen conflict - I've been using them together for donkey's years.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 6:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Sim Manipulator is a good shout for this, but it's not the case that InSim and InTeen conflict - I've been using them together for donkey's years.

But it is a fact that inteen conflicts with a lot of other mods.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)