Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 5:34 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Any way to restore/replace the object file on UC without backup, or am I without hope?
So I'll fess up: I unknowingly did a VBT this weekend when I deleted a piece of default CC from CAS mode in the game, and it looks like I've borked basically all hair and clothing items that came with the base game. From what I understand, this is because I have altered the object file somehow. I have looked at the game help guide regarding the object file, all of which states I've got to use an object file from a backup. Okay, cool. I am now playing on my most recent backup (back to mid-January), load it up, and still all of the base game stuff is broken. Is there anything I can do to replace/restore/retrieve this object file? Is it a deeper issue? Must I reinstall the whole damn game again?

Thanks!

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 6:41 PM
You never need to reinstall UC - just use Origin's repair option. Do back up any mods you've installed into Program Files first, though, as they may be deleted.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.