Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 4:44 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Getting pregnant
Have been trying to get some little Sims pregnant, have been going at it autonomously now for at least a day (at 15% speed) almost non stop and won't get pregnant. What percent should the bouquet be set for pregnancy. Also, with little people, how long after getting pregnant do I get another little person ??? I remember you said you were getting over populated so you must know !!!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 5:01 PM
I'm sorry about the dummy question, but what you mean by "little people"? Are you using a translator?
There might be a few reason for your sims not getting pregnant, which can includes mods or just default game settings (for example only adults can gret pregnant, but you need to have control of the female Sim to have the option).
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 5:47 PM
Little people as in..these people aren't big people..make sense cause they are new born...lol
A pregnancy lasts 3 sim days, then your sim gives birth. What bouquet?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Inventor
#4 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 7:00 PM Last edited by Sketching : 13th Feb 2018 at 7:23 PM.
I hope I'm understanding this correctly...

I wonder if he means the JSW Adjuster Bouquet. Putting it on a lot (along with its associated suite) results in frequent autonomous woohooing, so it was the first thing that came to my mind. If I remember correctly, the bouquet has options to adjust the Try for Baby chances though (you can even set it to 100% if you're serious about it), and the suite has specific options for woohoo and try for baby, so it's possible they never went for the latter.

Edit: *_Drew~ mentioned the default game features. The JSW still abides by some of them, such as that the female must be selectable in a household with a slot for a baby to become pregnant. Even if everyone is woohooing, none of them will be impregnated if they don't meet the conditions.
Alchemist
#5 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 10:46 PM
sim pregnancies are actually 75 sim hours; not 3 sim days.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 11:08 PM
Quote:
What percent should the bouquet be set for pregnancy.

What bouquet? Normally a sim takes between 1-8 goes to get pregnant by regular old woohoo.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
What bouquet?

Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
I wonder if he means the JSW Adjuster Bouquet. Putting it on a lot (along with its associated suite) results in frequent autonomous woohooing, so it was the first thing that came to my mind. If I remember correctly, the bouquet has options to adjust the Try for Baby chances though (you can even set it to 100% if you're serious about it), and the suite has specific options for woohoo and try for baby, so it's possible they never went for the latter.

Seems like that one.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 2:11 AM
Sorry, yes I'm talking about the adjuster bouquet and Chris Hatches Little People. Really would like an answer from him. Right now two couples have had babies, but want to know if I can use hacks to grow them up quickly. Normally I go from pregnant to Teen in a very short time using hacks but afraid if I do, the resulting Sim will be the wrong size. Now that you are thoroughly confused I think I better just drop it. Thanks anyway.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 3:29 AM
If you want @Chris Hatch to reply then it's best to tag him <--- like that.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 5:34 AM
Have you tried IVF? Its a new fad, "in-video fertilization".
Scholar
#11 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 2:42 PM
Remember if there is a Naughty Gnome on the lot it overrides the bouquet's setting. On a bouquet you must turn auto try for a baby on and set the pregnancy odds to where you like. On a gnome auto try for a baby is on whenever the pregnancy odds are above 0%. Don't use 90%, as that setting was rarely used so it's now a setting for married couples only to auto try for a baby at 30% odds.
The little people, (fairies and elves) pregnancy is the same length as normal sims.
The naughty gnomes have options to speed up pregnancy and grow young sims up very quickly. The option of Birthday Today which is available to a parent (so it can be used for babies) will cause the young sim to be able to age up immediately, the option of Birthday Tomorrow which is available to young sims will enable the sim to age up next time it's 6:00pm. Alternatively the debug option of 'Game Mod.../Age.../Adjust My Age' will allow you to add/remove specific number of days of a sim's day left. Note that in all cases the actual aging is normal, the options just reduce the number of days left.
Alchemist
#12 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
If you want @Chris Hatch to reply then it's best to tag him <--- like that.
from my understanding the @ symbol does not work with spaces (" ").
Mad Poster
#13 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
from my understanding the @ symbol does not work with spaces (" ").

He did show up though. XD
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 3:22 AM
Yes, it does now work with spaces, that was fixed 9-12 months back. The only thing it doesn't see are special characters like ~

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Remember if there is a Naughty Gnome on the lot it overrides the bouquet's setting. On a bouquet you must turn auto try for a baby on and set the pregnancy odds to where you like. On a gnome auto try for a baby is on whenever the pregnancy odds are above 0%. Don't use 90%, as that setting was rarely used so it's now a setting for married couples only to auto try for a baby at 30% odds.
The little people, (fairies and elves) pregnancy is the same length as normal sims.
The naughty gnomes have options to speed up pregnancy and grow young sims up very quickly. The option of Birthday Today which is available to a parent (so it can be used for babies) will cause the young sim to be able to age up immediately, the option of Birthday Tomorrow which is available to young sims will enable the sim to age up next time it's 6:00pm. Alternatively the debug option of 'Game Mod.../Age.../Adjust My Age' will allow you to add/remove specific number of days of a sim's day left. Note that in all cases the actual aging is normal, the options just reduce the number of days left.

Thanks Chris, that did it !!!