Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The "CEP" - Color Enable Package v. 9.2.0 - 15 MAY 2009

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2005 at 2:46 AM - Updated 27th Apr 2020 at 1:30 PM by HugeLunatic : adding supercollection instructions

1048 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 755 Feedback Posts, 292 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 42
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#101 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 9:10 AM
Lissabee, you mean that you can run the installer as soon as you download it, but then the same executable can't be run again? Try restarting the PC: does this allow to run again the installer?

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#102 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Lissabee, you mean that you can run the installer as soon as you download it, but then the same executable can't be run again? Try restarting the PC: does this allow to run again the installer?

nope wont run at all, it starts to look like it is but it pops a error window with no text saying why and a big red X and a ok button

and i even tryed with out the the custom thing to still wont work
Test Subject
#103 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 9:07 PM Last edited by darkangelwitch666 : 7th Oct 2008 at 9:58 PM.
Numenor, After installing CEP_Windows-AutoInstaller for the first time! The game started fine, then after a restart of the game some of the re-colours stop showing up.

After restarting my PC, the game loads up, my neighbourhood loads up, but the when trying to get into my family's lot it freezes. I've checked to see if I have all the folders and files which I do..

D:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\zCEP-EXTRA
D:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\_EnableColorOptionsGMND.package
D:\My Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\zCEP-EXTRA
D:\My Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Sims3D\_EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package

Just to say the game did run fine before installing....

Thanks
Test Subject
#104 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 11:10 PM
Thank you very much!
But unfortunately after installing the latest CEP, I discovered that in my game there were no more options to change colours of the chessboard, only the base of the chess table. But the chesstables on the lot (which had been already there) still had the particular recolor. It's very starnge and inconvenient.

Those who dream by day bring beauty to the world. The art and the music, the stories and the heart.
N.Roberts
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#105 Old 8th Oct 2008 at 6:58 PM
Lissabee - I think that the installer you downloaded is corrupted. Clear the cache of your browser and redownload the CEP installer. If still it doesn't work, try downloading from the alternate "mirror" links.

DarkAngelWitch - First thing to try is to reinstall the CEP deselecting all the Extras. If without the extra the game works fine, I'm curious to know which extra gives you problems: if you can, I'd need an error log to examine (read here).

Koshechka - The chessboard is made recolourable via a particular optional "Extra". Reinstall the CEP and read the list of Extras available: do you see one entry that mentions the chessboard? If so, be sure it is checked.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#106 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 12:00 PM
The chessboard is made recolourable via a particular optional "Extra". Reinstall the CEP and read the list of Extras available: do you see one entry that mentions the chessboard? If so, be sure it is checked.

It is checked. But the option to choose the recolor of the board itself is still missing. Maybe I was not correct in explanation of the problem.
Well, when I buy the Chess table it uses the recolor of the board matching the base. But with previous version of CEP (I don't remember which one I used before v9, may be it was the 7th) I chose, for example, green color of table and white of the board itself. Now I can't do it.

Those who dream by day bring beauty to the world. The art and the music, the stories and the heart.
N.Roberts
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#107 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 2:08 PM
Oh, then it's not a bug, it's intentional. When BV was released, a problem of compatibility started affecting the old CEP-enabled chessboard, causing the board to lose its recolours. In order to definitively fix the problem, the board and the pedestal have been "linked".
Before doing this, I examined the existing recolours, created by the users for the chessboard, and I noticed that almost all of them contained a "matching" recolour for the board and the pedestal; I've set up the chessboard so to fix the compatibility issues, while allowing to all the old recolours to work fine with the "new" chessboard: the result was that choosing a colour for the pedestal, automatically the board took the matching recolour, as determined by the recolour creator.
If you really need to create a "special" match between different recolours, you have no choice but creating a new recolour yourself, containing a "composite" texture of your taste.

Test Subject
#108 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 8:43 PM
Well, thank you. I'll try to get used to it. (cause I'm not good at object meshing & recolouring )

N.Roberts
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 2:58 AM
This is something that happened when I installed the current update and before that the update from May (The CEP extras that appear in the picture are the only ones that showed up in the custom content dialog box):

http://www.geocities.com/kjs18_2000//cep_problem.htm

A search I did before this current update and come up empty on this problem.

I noticed this in the custom content dialog box when it come up after I installed Kitchen and Bath stuff and one or 2 other times before that.

If had to uninstall the CEP choose to not install those 5 extras on reinstall would it cause the recolors for those objects to not show up.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#110 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 8:18 AM
Some CEP Extras (not all, only few) are purposely designed to override some game files, so to fix/improve specific aspects of the game that are broken or insatisfactory. It's not a bug and I did my best checking and double-checking that these components don't harm the game in any way.
But of course, you can freely decide whether to keep those CEP Extras or not: this is the reason why I never included those fixes in the CEP for a long time, and then (starting with CEP8.0) I started realing them as separate, optional Extras.
Removing the 5 mentioned extra will cause those 5 objects to revert to original: the Atomic lamps will not turn off properly any more, the Teddy bears won't be recolourable and won'twear out, etc; read in the CEP Extra documentation (there's an icon in yout Start menu) the detailed description of each Extra, and decide the ones to keep and the ones to remove.

I can only say one thing: the Custom Content check is important to know if something can potentially harm your game, but being listed there doesn't necessarily mean that those package must be removed. It only means that you should pay special attention to what you install, and decide whether you trust or not the creator.
Of course, in case of game malfunctions, the first thing to try is removing the packages listed in the Custom Content check (or better remove the entire Downloads folder...) but if your game works fine, and you trust the creator of the packages listed in the warning message, you unlikely will have problems.

Lab Assistant
#111 Old 11th Oct 2008 at 5:11 AM
...I can only say one thing: the Custom Content check is important to know if something can potentially harm your game, but being listed there doesn't necessarily mean that those package must be removed. It only means that you should pay special attention to what you install, and decide whether you trust or not the creator.
Of course, in case of game malfunctions, the first thing to try is removing the packages listed in the Custom Content check (or better remove the entire Downloads folder...) but if your game works fine, and you trust the creator of the packages listed in the warning message, you unlikely will have problems.

Thanks I wasn't sure if those were a problem since they were the only ones with the warning sybmol and since their not problem I'll have spent some time find out what is causing problems with my game. Again Thanks.
Test Subject
#112 Old 14th Oct 2008 at 2:48 AM
Argh.

Double Deluxe Ed. CEP 9. Auto Installation = Fail. Manual Installation = Fail. Read entire thread: No solution. Actual problem: Game will not load. I get an error message when it leaves the theme song animation. Most times I cannot look at the said message as my computer crashes so bad that all I can do is hit reset. Advices?
#113 Old 14th Oct 2008 at 3:07 AM
I have Sims 2 Double Deluxe + IKEA Home Stuff + H&M Fashion Stuff installed, and Teen Style Stuff awaiting installation. I installed CEP with only S2DD+IHS installed, and it worked for me.

Question: Did you try to install with or without the Radiance stuff? I installed without.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#114 Old 14th Oct 2008 at 3:11 PM
GeneralOperations - The Radiance has been stripped off the CEP centuries ago You are cofusing the CEP and the Scriptorium -

Ninyekka - If you couldn't install the CEP, then why do you think that the crashes you are experiencing are caused by the CEP? As for the problems installing the CEP, you just say "fail"; can you give more details? Are there error messages? Does the installation apparently proceeds fine, but then the CEP doesn't work in the game? Have you tried the "Potty Chair" test described in the FAQ?

Another important thing: try removing all the "Extras" from your game; the automatic installer is capable of detecting your game configuration and does NOT install Extras not compatible with it; but if you did the manual installation, then you maybe have installed some incompatible components. Delete the two "zCEP-Extra" folders that you have manually installed.

#115 Old 14th Oct 2008 at 7:17 PM
GeneralOperations - The Radiance has been stripped off the CEP centuries ago You are cofusing the CEP and the Scriptorium -
::blush:: You`re correct in that I was confusing the two, but I kinda doubt that the CEP even existed "centuries ago" :p

Test Subject
#116 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 2:49 AM
Thanks Numenor, but yeah, I was tired and couldn't type the problem adequately. Basically, to sum it up, I installed the CEP multiple times, downloaded it multiple times to ensure it wasn't a corrupted install file case. Tried installing it manually. But to no avail. Basically, I got the "Application Termination" type of windows message. Could be an memory problem, but then again, the same thing would happen without the CEP...I think. Anyways, could not run your test due to that fact that I do not get past the half-loaded before it kills it. The music even skips I tried both with and without extra components.

I do not feel up to reproducing this issue tonight, but if it helps you I install my game on the F drive, while the "my document" Sim folder is on the C drive. Both are logical partitions of the same physical drive.

I'll try installing the CEP without the extra folders and see what happens on my next day off. :-)

Thanks for the timely response, I hadn't expected this much :-)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#117 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 10:20 AM
The number and positions of partitions are irrelevant; personally, I have Vista on C:, the Documents on K: and the game on S: and everything works fine.

First off, I'd like to be sure that it's a CEP-related problem: if possible, uninstall the CEP using the Add/Remove panel, or manually delete the two .package files and the two zCEP-EXTRA folders from the install locations (as desctribed in the manual installation instructions and in the FAQ).
Then run the game: does it crash?

If it does NOT crash, then run the CEP installer again (you say that the installer does not give any error...) and install the CEP only, without any Extra; then run the game again.

Instructor
#118 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 6:04 PM
Will this get support for life stories?

Unauthorized incoming post!
Field Researcher
#119 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by morten8035
Will this get support for life stories?
I've made LS CEP.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Instructor
#120 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord Darcy
I've made LS CEP.

Thanks, I have now downloaded zLdDarcy_CEP_Stories.package shall it be in downloads folder?
I have also located the file in SimPE like this:

Have I done it right to start recoloring for LS?

Lab Assistant
#121 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 1:00 AM
Thanks, I have now downloaded zLdDarcy_CEP_Stories.package shall it be in downloads folder?
I have also located the file in SimPE like this:

Have I done it right to start recoloring for LS?

It told you in that thread, with a pic, how to do it. Does yours look like his? Check that thread where you got the file, lots of questions/answers there.

Hi, Please visit me at my MiniSite at TSR:

http://thesimsresource.com/artists/TabbyLou/

All my items/recolors are FREE!
Instructor
#122 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 11:20 AM
Where is the ls-buy.bundle.package?

Field Researcher
#123 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 1:05 PM
Where is the ls-buy.bundle.package?
Read the entire LS thread before you clog CEP thread with your unrelated questions.
Any further questions on LS CEP should be posted in that MATY LS thread, not here.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Test Subject
#124 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 11:06 PM
Thanks for all the Wonderful programs and downloads; they are Awesome! I am in need of a little assistance with CEP installation. It has been years since I played my games.

After installation of CEP and starting Sims 2 Seasons game, in the screen for enabling/disabling custom content, there are "Warning" exclamation marks next to the CEP package files. It states enabling these files will override the existing game behvavior, constants, and semi-global.

Sims 2 is utilized on a Windows Vista Home Premium machine with all Windows Updates installed. Dual Core, 1.86 Ghz with 2 GB physical memory. Thank you in advance for any suggestions, assistance, reso

Nowdontask
#125 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 11:38 PM
This is expected. The CEP is designed to override game behavior, and the most of the Extras need to override to fix things that were broken in the game as shipped.

Page 5 of 42