Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 3:18 PM
Default adding abilities / skills / secret traits / whatever to any hero?
is there any (other) way to add abilities to hero sims that they normally wouldn't have like the dynamic professions mod? i tried grim's medieval core but the debug menu doesn't have any option for this.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 7:58 PM
Grim's mod does include the option to give skills in treasure hunting/chess/fencing/etc.
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarthKitsune
Grim's mod does include the option to give skills in treasure hunting/chess/fencing/etc.

i didn't mean the useless skills. i meant combat, poison making etc...
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 12:21 AM
Oh, I want this so bad! I haven't played since I foolishly updated to 2.0. It just isn't fun for me without being able to customize my sims. I want my hero's spouses to be able to gather flowers and fish for dinner, or maybe help gather herbs. Or play the lute, or fight, or anything at all...I miss the dynamic professions mod! My hero's grown children should be able to do all that stuff without taking over the parents job. Grim's core is awesome, but doesn't at all do what dynamic professions did. Sad!

paysites suck.
Instructor
#5 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 12:24 AM
Grim's Mod gives you the option to add all of the skills (Blacksmith, wizard, bard etc.)
Banned
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DarthKitsune
Grim's Mod gives you the option to add all of the skills (Blacksmith, wizard, bard etc.)

nope. i might have forgotten but i'm pretty sure that it doesn't let you add every skill independently. plus it's a core mod.
Instructor
#7 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 2:10 AM
There is a DEBUG interaction which adds all skills at their max level, that's it. I'm working on a version that allows selection of individual skills, but haven't made anything that works as I think it should.
Instructor
#8 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 4:00 AM
I broke down and added TheHologramMan's code for abilities to my core. I'm only doing this because many people have requested it, and it hasn't been updated. If TheHologramMan updates Dynamic Professions, or asks me to remove this from my core I will gladly remove it.
Banned
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 11:16 AM
thanx you