Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 8:42 AM
Default Angel's Talon and Doomsword books available at market?
I know I've seen some mods that enable you to buy rare crafting items at the market, but the only one I've found with the search function doesn't work with the latest version of the game. I'm wanting to make the Angel's Talon sword and I have yet to get the book for it. Either that or I got it and lost it somehow and another one is not coming up for me. Regardless I don't have the book and would love some way to get it. Can someone point me to a mod that might enable me to get the book without waiting for an event to happen?
Advertisement
#2 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 2:46 PM
no

but the books aren't that rare, just go to free play quest and have 2 of your characters patrol the path to village and forest, chances are you'll get it eventually.

if you don't mind getting your hands dirty you can also enable cheats and freeze your mood / focus and needs.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 4:36 PM Last edited by ladyskye : 1st Nov 2011 at 12:13 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Impatiens
I know I've seen some mods that enable you to buy rare crafting items at the market, but the only one I've found with the search function doesn't work with the latest version of the game. I'm wanting to make the Angel's Talon sword and I have yet to get the book for it. Either that or I got it and lost it somehow and another one is not coming up for me. Regardless I don't have the book and would love some way to get it. Can someone point me to a mod that might enable me to get the book without waiting for an event to happen?

Sometimes your books become available from the bookseller you occasionally run into outside the village market. Also check out everyone else's bookcases. I accidentally found one book in my monarch's giant size bookcase. Read all the ones you have in your own bookcase. On occasion newer ones become available at the store when you've read all the old ones. (I forget who put out the mod I have about adding more stuff to the store; it's either Shimrod's or GrimReefer's and it works with ver 2. and with Pirates. I'm told it's Shimrod's. If it's Shimrod's you can find it here.
http://gnautylilgnomes.com/forum/index.php?board=427.0)

I like playing The Sims. I don't like to be played like a Sim.
#4 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 9:11 PM
also the forest. you can ether accept to buy 2 books for 250$ / 400$ (Angels's Talon + Watcher's Blade / The Cursed Doomsword + Sword of Chinchilla) or reject the offer and have 50% chance of getting 'em for free.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 12:28 AM
If you're using your Blacksmith and he has the adventurous trait, he can go on adventure in the woods or out to sea. If you use a knight or spy or monarch, they can patrol the woods and the road to whatever territory. Any Hero with the adventurous trait can adventure the woods or out to sea. Any hero can have the opportunity to pick up the books from the bookseller. If someone other than your Blacksmith picks up the book you can give it to your Blacksmith by dragging it from that Hero's inventory and dropping it either to your Blacksmith or dragging it and dropping it in his bookcase.

Either way, good luck with it. :D

I like playing The Sims. I don't like to be played like a Sim.
#6 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 6:04 PM
uhh actually i got 'em a few times by simply ''taking a stroll' or visiting the village shoppe, interactions available for all heroes...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 11:55 PM
I go on strolls/adventures all the time with my characters and it hasn't come up. Well, that's not entirely true, I swear got it with my merchant just recently in a new town prior to even making a blacksmith but now that I have a blacksmith to give it to the book is not in my merchant's inventory or on any of the shelves that I can browse.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 4:30 PM
You can find this book and other rare books in bookshelves now if you use this new mod http://gnautylilgnomes.com/forum/index.php?topic=5179.0 together with this earlier mod http://gnautylilgnomes.com/forum/index.php?topic=2334.0

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 7:08 AM
Awesome! Thanks Shimrod.
Test Subject
#10 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 8:56 AM
Default Pls Help!
Quote: Originally posted by Impatiens

Where is that mod's link pls i need that, i already have the books but i need the mystical metal fragments!!
Instructor
#11 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 10:13 AM
If you have 1.3.13, you cna use Carrigon's shop in bulk mod, which gives you everything at the village shop. it isn't compatible with P&N, as it isn't recoded to allow for the P&N items to show up.