Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 12:44 AM
What do you think the system requirements will be for The Sims 4?
With all the online multi-player stuff, new game features, better graphics, and more, what kind of computer do you think you would need to play The Sims 4?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 1:43 AM
Didn't they already confirm that TS4 was to be offline and singleplayer?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Didn't they already confirm that TS4 was to be offline and singleplayer?

The survey showed there will be a lot of online, multiplayer stuff if it's in fact implemented. It sounds optional, but I bet it won't be as optional as a lot of us want it.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 6:22 AM
Are we going down this road again? This question pops up in nearly every thread about Sims 4, and the answer is....we have no friggin' clue yet. We have far too little hard data on the game itself to make judgement calls on the type of hardware needed to run it. We don't know what features it will include in the base game, and the question really hinges on this. Will it include weather? How many Sims will be roaming the map at one time? Will there be rabbitholes? Will inactive Sims truly BE inactive, or will they be going about their lives even if you never click on them? Until we know more about stuff like that, evrything is pure speculation. We have a year to go before the game comes out, people. Let's try not to blow all our wad at one time.
Alchemist
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 3:02 PM
System Requirements for the Sims 4:

-Motherlode
-At least 4 gigs of patience
-Rose-tinted glasses
-Cognitive dissonance

And that's with settings on low-medium.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 4:20 PM
I'll worry about the system specs once I know Sims 4 is a game I want to purchase.
Alchemist
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mikey420
With all the online multi-player stuff, new game features, better graphics, and more, what kind of computer do you think you would need to play The Sims 4?

Probably the same one you're using now. I doubt there will be any major change in system requirements. EA still wants the money of those Pentium 4 users
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 5:18 PM
i'm guessing it will be laptop friendly which is fine with me since my computer is from 2008 and has only had very modest upgrades. i'd be really sad if they made it very demanding because then i most likely wouldn't be able to play it for years.
Alchemist
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tinewashere
i'm guessing it will be laptop friendly which is fine with me since my computer is from 2008 and has only had very modest upgrades. i'd be really sad if they made it very demanding because then i most likely wouldn't be able to play it for years.

You have nothing to worry about
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 1:29 AM Last edited by enterprise24 : 23rd Jun 2013 at 1:46 AM.
Predict from spec TS1 - TS3.
I think ...

absolute minimum (like EA minimum spec for TS3)
core 2 duo E2xxx , athlon 64 x 2 4000+
ram 2gb
graphic Intel HD 4600 , Radeon HD 4650 , Nvidia GT 440
OS windows XP service pack 3 32bit

playable minimum
core 2 duo E7xxx , phenom II x 2
ram 4gb
graphic Radeon 6670 , Nvidia GT 640
OS any windows 64bit

recommend
core 2 quad Q6600 , phenom II x 4 , APU A8-A10 , FX-4100
ram 8gb
graphic Radeon 7790 , Nvidia GTX 650 ti
OS windows 7 or 8 64bit

highend spec
2nd generation core i5 processor or higher
ram 12gb (maybe if TS4 will be 64bit app , later EP should use ram more than 8gb)
graphic Radeon 7870 , Nvidia GTX 660
OS windows 7 or 8 64bit

enthusiast spec (for all EP with max setting )
core i7 3930K 6cores/12threads (maybe in 2019 TS4 may utilise six cores cpu , like TS3 early EP use 2cores cpu but I think after Seasons It utilise full quad cores)
ram 16 gb
graphic Radeon 7970 Ghz Edition , Nvidia GTX 770
OS windows 7 or 8 64bit