Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 12:05 PM
Default New location: Garage/car store.
Seems like a sensible addition to any town, having a garage.

Sims can work here either in the salesdepartment to sell cars or in the garage to fix cars.

Sims that have car trouble can also bring their car to the garage to get fixed, the cheapest cars could often have trouble and more expensive cars would still have a chance at it but less.
Aside from repairs, cars could also get modified in the garage. Sims could do this at home too if they have the skills for it.
All cars could be purchased at the garage and not buy mode. Interacting with the salesman would open up the car buy mode and allows colors to be selected just like normal.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 6:28 PM
I'd love to have a car dealer. I'd also love a more advanced version of the car hobby from TS2 FreeTime, including mechanics and pertaining shops.
One Minute Ninja'd
#3 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 9:50 PM
That's assuming they allow cars in TS4. After all the complaints about the lack of proper car animations (not to mention the lack of car woohoo), they just might deduce that we really don't WANT cars, and simply eliminate them for some LLAMA like transportation system. Besides, if they eliminate cars, optionally visiting your friend's game would be so much easier. It's hell getting those cars to travel through an Ethernet cable.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 10:36 PM
Cars will be in, and if they are smart they will do them properly like in sims2 again.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 10:38 PM
I think it would be a great idea, that is of course if it comes with a few adjustments.
I mean like cars actually being driven, even on terrain and not just roads; you know like automatic routing for cars on lots, and the Sim wouldn't be able to drive out of the lot if something is in the way of the calculated route, or a even a bad driver sim or under "nectar influence" could crash into objects on the lot/road, that'd be fun to see :P

In that case, cars would be a very good attraction to the game, and they can make the car dealership a business you can run, buying used and new cars and then selling them to sims in the city, possibly in an open for business-like expansion pack. A garage would be good for an ambitions-like expansion pack, you go around repairing cars, changing oils, washing cars.

So yeah, I think it would be great :D
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 2:40 AM
I think implementing these would be great; small details add so much value to anything "when implemented properly"
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 8:39 AM
Could also be neat if cars could be damaged in some way as well. No need for car accidents, but cars could get some scratches on them through various things. Like bumping against something, some sims can be a bit clumbsy after all. Might be fun to see car loving sims overreact to small scratches on their beloved car, petting it as they are close to crying.
Just imagine what could happen if a sim teen goes for a ride in their father's beloved sports car and somehow manage to get a scratch on it.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 6:27 PM
Yeah, car damages would make the game much more dynamic and interesting by giving mechanics a purpose. A mechanical- or auto-mechanic skill could be handy for such incidents.
Theorist
#9 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 8:49 PM
I'm a car guy, so I like the idea.

Quote: Originally posted by Inhuman One
Sims that have car trouble can also bring their car to the garage to get fixed, the cheapest cars could often have trouble and more expensive cars would still have a chance at it but less.

Ironically, the opposite is true in real life. Inexpensive and unexciting cars which are like "appliances" are the most reliable, whereas the expensive luxury and sports cars have the most problems, and by a very wide margin.

Resident wet blanket.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 9:24 PM
They could adjust it to each car, might make the choice of car an interesting one.
Maybe cars could require gas as well.

That way you can choose the best car for your sim based on price, how fast it goes through gas and how reliable it is. Since its the sims most issues could likely be resolved by a sim with high mechanic skill by adding upgrades.
Would make the special rides such as solar powered cars, UFO's and such all the more special since they would really function differently.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 12:53 PM
I think it may not be possible to have that many interractions with cars in future Sims games unless they make them a similar shape. The fixable car in TS2 was great, but it was only one, regardless of how many colours it had. I wish they'd give us at least one such car that we could fix, tune, paint, wash and polish. I don't want a RH garage.
Theorist
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 4:54 PM
They could always just use the same animation for fixing/upgrading cars as they do with upgrading the toilet - pounding the crap out of it with a hammer. Problem solved!

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 5:53 PM
If only I could pound my car with a hammer to keep it from going out on me. *sigh*
Mad Poster
#14 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
They could always just use the same animation for fixing/upgrading cars as they do with upgrading the toilet - pounding the crap out of it with a hammer. Problem solved!

They could probably fix it from underneath. Or maybe use the cloud system like they do for woohoo so you don't really see what's going on.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 9:21 AM
I'd go with fixing from underneath, even if they are installing a new sound system. They could always add car specific animations through a patch later on.