Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 1:56 AM
Default Improve fires!
I'd love to see fires cause more damage than they already do. It'd be awesome if they could not just burn up your furniture and decor, but also take out your walls & roofs.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 8:44 AM
If they add that they might as well add the ability to burn down the entire neighbourhood. Not that I see that happening as there is already a restriction with toddlers/babies immune to fire and coding something of the sort would be difficult in my opinion.

It really isn't that big a deal for me as it isn't an important issue and wouldn't affect my gameplay much if at all.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Alchemist
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 2:26 PM
I think it would make the game more interesting. However since I hate building I'd be moving my sims to another house after every fire which would work my nerves
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Issie
If they add that they might as well add the ability to burn down the entire neighbourhood. Not that I see that happening as there is already a restriction with toddlers/babies immune to fire and coding something of the sort would be difficult in my opinion.
Speaking of nothing, is there a way to disable that immunity?

I also wish it could burn down walls, I also wish they happened slightly more often. I think there should be an option to prevent it from burning down the entire continent though.
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 2:39 PM
Along with better/more destructive fires there also needs to be smarter sims. I miss it when sims used to carry toddlers away from house fires. I hope The Sims 4 makes it an autonomous action to call the fire department and carry the little kids away.
Instructor
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JohanFoppa
Speaking of nothing, is there a way to disable that immunity?

I also wish it could burn down walls, I also wish they happened slightly more often. I think there should be an option to prevent it from burning down the entire continent though.

Not that I'm aware of. I think I read once that it is hard coded into the game which may make it difficult or impossible. If there was a way though I'm sure it would've been modded by now.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Forum Resident
#7 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 10:18 PM
Would be nice if walls, doors and such could be blackened by the fire as well as the floors.