Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
The Hood Checker is checking the neighbourhood file not the lot files.

---
When I run hood checker I PICK a hood, but it looks like it's going through all Sims in the hood to find Sim errors (memory, and ?). Did you mean something MORE by saying it checks the neighborhood file? Sorry for stupid.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
So is my neighborhood actually okay then? If I use the Lot Cleaner, will it fix whatever is wrong with the lot? Can I use it with my Ottomas family living there or do I have to move them out first? I've used Hood Checker and it mainly picks up Sims that don't exist that my playables have met. Sometimes neither Sims exist. After each play Session, I run Hood Checker. I ignore the Character Files because I have Multi-PT and Multi-PlantSim Mods and I know those are what the Character files are. I haven't had any issues with that house yet as far as I know, I have No Sim Loaded and other essential Mods (not sure if those will help with this situation).
I'm somewhat excited if this is good news because I've done lots of progress on that save! :D

Yes your neighbourhood is fine, copying just a lot file from a neighbourhood into the lot bin can't possibly do any harm, it won't include any sims or families.
As long as everything on the lot seems OK. I would worry about cleaning it now. If you do use the lot cleaner in an occupied lot make sure no-one is away at work or school at the time. With the game paused just select it from the catalogue then delete it, then save, exit and re-enter the lot.

Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
---
When I run hood checker I PICK a hood, but it looks like it's going through all Sims in the hood to find Sim errors (memory, and ?). Did you mean something MORE by saying it checks the neighborhood file? Sorry for stupid.

Hood checker will check the sim's character files and probably lot files exist but it doesn't check if those files have any problems nor attempt to fix them, it is only checking if the part of the sims held in the neighbourhood file have any problems. Sim's inventories/memories, relationships, personality, wants&fears etc. are all held in the neighbourhood file.
Scholar
Original Poster
#28 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 1:27 PM
Yes your neighbourhood is fine, copying just a lot file from a neighbourhood into the lot bin can't possibly do any harm, it won't include any sims or families.
As long as everything on the lot seems OK. I would worry about cleaning it now. If you do use the lot cleaner in an occupied lot make sure no-one is away at work or school at the time. With the game paused just select it from the catalogue then delete it, then save, exit and re-enter the lot.

I figured out how to use it eventually (I'm slow at understanding even the most simplest instructions, sorry). I accidentally clicked it in the catalog when I was in another house which had a YA in it (I have Squinge's Mega College Pack) and it caused her Semester Bar to glitch out into an Adult's Lifespan! I fixed it by leaving the lot without saving and re-entering.

I'm guessing it's one of those tools that need to be removed from the folder once used like the Neighborhood aging fix?

Thanks for the info, glad my hood is fine! I cleaned the lot in my last play session yesterday and seems to be OK. Now I'm just trying to fix another weird bug/glitch involving my University hood. Sims 2, why you dislike me!!
Alchemist
#29 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 9:49 PM
It won't corrupt the neighbourhood. ...
The Lot Cleaner CJH_LotCleaner.zip is designed exactly for this sort of thing (because I do this sort of thing often).

Chris, thanks for explaining LotCleaner a bit. I never quite understood it before. I'm interested in learning how to best take advantage of LotCleaner - can you tell us a little more what "sort of thing" you do often that you use it for.
Page 2 of 2