Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 7:17 AM
Sims 4 HUGE idead that will make it way better
Hi! Weir title right? Anyways...
I had an idea since I heard of Sims 4
This is my idea:

OK, so what if we could change the border color (menu, and this kind of stuff)
Right now is blue. I'm tired every single day in my life when I play Sims (1, 2 and 3) everything is blue! What if I want it to be black? or green? or orange? etc
There should be a slider thing that can make it happen!
It would be a HUGE improvement, and people would be more interested in it!

P.S.: EA, if you're reading this, please make it happen! PLEASE!!!!!! I'm begging you!!! Please!
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 10:18 AM
I believe there are mods for TS2 to change the UI, though it means changing 700+ files in Sim PE with edited versions, it is possible.

I wouldn't mind a transparent UI that could be changed (similar to Microsoft's Aero) but I don't think that's the way it should be created - it's a very outdated approach. TS3's HUD looked really backwards and un-aesthetic, I'd like TS4's to be much more sympathetic to good design over colour gimmicks and faux-gloss.

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 12:34 PM
Agree, but it would be nice if we could change the colors...
I haven't thought of the design.. Nice idea!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 12:39 PM
I've never cared at all about the colours of the UI. I'd much rather they put their full effort into making it a great, fun, nice-looking game with a halfway decent UI than diverting even a small amount of effort to make a colour-changeable UI.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#5 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 3:07 PM
I'm having a Sheldon Cooper moment; I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 11:46 AM
Yes, but nice UI would create a better environment.
Instructor
#7 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nick-the-Greek
Yes, but nice UI would create a better environment.

Sorry but, environment for who? The starting UI only lasts for as long as it takes to load the game. It has no consequence in gameplay at all.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Forum Resident
#8 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Issie
Sorry but, environment for who? The starting UI only lasts for as long as it takes to load the game. It has no consequence in gameplay at all.

UI stands for User Interface, in other words, the buttons, popups, and pie menus. While I don't see it as overly important, a good UI can set the tone of a game. For example, look at the UI of Oblivion vs. Skyrim. UI has an effect on the aesthetic style of the game.
Scholar
#9 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 2:50 AM
Im sure the UI will be flat, gradient-ed, non-transparent and white with blue accents like Sim City.
Lookin' like a cheap plastic toddler toy ugh.
Alchemist
#10 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nick-the-Greek
Hi! Weir title right? Anyways...
I had an idea since I heard of Sims 4
This is my idea:

OK, so what if we could change the border color (menu, and this kind of stuff)
Right now is blue. I'm tired every single day in my life when I play Sims (1, 2 and 3) everything is blue! What if I want it to be black? or green? or orange? etc
There should be a slider thing that can make it happen!
It would be a HUGE improvement, and people would be more interested in it!

P.S.: EA, if you're reading this, please make it happen! PLEASE!!!!!! I'm begging you!!! Please!

Are you drunk?
Field Researcher
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 10:46 PM
This thread is quite anticlimactic... I read the title, got excited, opened the thread only to find out that the "HUGE" idea is a UI colour change... Lol. It has been funny though.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 11:05 PM
It's so huge, it made me rethink my decisions in life...
Inventor
#13 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 11:33 PM
maybe she is inspired by the new iOS7 color scheme. high contrast colors.
Instructor
#14 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 11:58 PM
Hardly huge....and I like the UI the way it is thanks.
Instructor
#15 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 3:45 AM
It would be great if you could do a tiny edit to the title of this thread, OP, because everytime I read "idead", it just sounds way too PK code-ish to me . . .

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.