Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 8:17 AM
TS4 game demo in August 20th in GAMESCON
I watch the TSLB earlier and what I found is this big big announcement of this game,
what do you think on it guys??
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by darkshader15
I watch the TSLB earlier and what I found is this big big announcement of this game,
what do you think on it guys??

The big reveal of TS4 will happen at Gamescom. Can't wait i'm excited to see what The Sims 4 has to offer.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 2:09 PM
I rather they waiting until August to announce the Sims 4.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 5:46 PM
Had they waited until August to announce TS4's existence, many of us wouldn't have gone through the three-month torture. It's the mirage of water in the desert at this point.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 6:23 PM
you people are so dramatic lol
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 8:56 PM
They had to kill the negative cycle of people having the SimCity always online worries for The Sims 4 before it got out of hand. I mean the announcement press release really only said four things:

1. The Sims 4 is in development.
2. It's for PC.
3. It's a singleplayer game.
4. It does not require an online connection.

And that really did change the mood on the game, by quite a bit, too. Now we worry that they'll mess everything else up, but the online DRM thing? That discussion pretty much vanished.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 9:20 PM
I really hope that the Sims won't look like the concept art sketch we saw in the Live Broadcast.
Of course they won't :P
Mad Poster
#8 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 9:55 PM
No the concept art is just what it is. Art. The sim has to be skinned, and there need to be textures added for the full effect. Can't wait to see it.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 10:11 PM
Forgive me for being doubtful but I am unsure whether or not it will actually happen but if does then I will look forward to seeing what these sims look like.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Mad Poster
#10 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 11:43 PM
they're looking like console sims imo.
Banned
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 7:40 AM
I think sims in TS4 looks like a flash sims like in Sims Social or I'm wrong let's see it in august 20th this year :P
Forum Resident
#12 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 11:08 PM
IMO, the Sims in the leaked images from Patrick Kelly only look that way because of the camera angle/distance. I'm betting they'll look much different up close, especially on high settings. Squinting my eyes and putting my nose up to the screen to get a closer look, I'm actually liking the look of the Sims and they seem to have a bit more detail than our current Sims. And did anyone else notice that their hair appears to have more shine?

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Alchemist
#13 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chreai
And did anyone else notice that their hair appears to have more shine?

They obviously use Garnier Fructis.

Let's just hope they don't do the same to clothing (e.g. Sims 3 jeans that look like leather pants).
Instructor
#14 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chreai
IMO, the Sims in the leaked images from Patrick Kelly only look that way because of the camera angle/distance. I'm betting they'll look much different up close, especially on high settings. Squinting my eyes and putting my nose up to the screen to get a closer look, I'm actually liking the look of the Sims and they seem to have a bit more detail than our current Sims. And did anyone else notice that their hair appears to have more shine?

The last thing we need is more shine.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Mad Poster
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Issie
The last thing we need is more shine.

But... but... wouldn't you want your Sim to spin around in slow motion while her long mane twirls around flawlessly?

Actually, that'd make for a cute commercial in the in-game televisions. It's all about the shine with those shampoo commercials. Wait, let me not give EA any ideas for a Garnier Fructis Stuff.
Alchemist
#16 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
But... but... wouldn't you want your Sim to spin around in slow motion while her long mane twirls around flawlessly?

Actually, that'd make for a cute commercial in the in-game televisions. It's all about the shine with those shampoo commercials. Wait, let me not give EA any ideas for a Garnier Fructis Stuff.

You never know, they might give us fabulous, pert and bouncy hairdos.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
You never know, they might give us fabulous, pert and bouncy hairdos.

If it means anti-blocky hair, then, I'm all for it. I just had a cute idea for an in-game commercial for the TVs. Imagine a TS4 Sim with TS1-like hair trying a bottle of shampoo that turns the hair into a new and silkier version with a decent amount of shine. It could be a play on anti-frizz hair products.

Seriously, though. Hair, to me, is a huge deal. Whenever I download CC, it's usually hair more than anything else. Even some of Anto's textures look like salon-treated hair. I just don't like the dry and cloudy-looking textures that EA is known for.
Alchemist
#18 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
If it means anti-blocky hair, then, I'm all for it. I just had a cute idea for an in-game commercial for the TVs. Imagine a TS4 Sim with TS1-like hair trying a bottle of shampoo that turns the hair into a new and silkier version with a decent amount of shine. It could be a play on anti-frizz hair products.

Seriously, though. Hair, to me, is a huge deal. Whenever I download CC, it's usually hair more than anything else. Even some of Anto's textures look like salon-treated hair. I just don't like the dry and cloudy-looking textures that EA is known for.

Same here, I love CC hair. Now that you mention it, maybe that could be a trailer for the Sims 4. Sims with hard, Ken-doll hair transformed into long flowing tresses. :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 10:50 PM
I'm fine with CC-like hair as long as it actually FLOWS. Blocky *shiny* hair might actually be a bigger fear for me than blocky Maxis hair.

TS2 Challenge Addict.