Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#11126 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425
Have barely been here 24 hours and I've already run into a problem.

I didn't have this last time I played TS2... But I've started a home business, and the customers will grab something, then walk out without paying! Multiple times! One has yet to pay! I'm surrounded by thieves! I had no idea Malcolm Landgraab was so desperate for an outdoor grill.

I was assuming maybe it was the cash register that was the problem, so I tried the automatic from Simology, but that was no use either. They just kept on walking without any forethought of actually paying for the product.

Before I go hunting through my mods, I was wondering if anyone has encountered a similar problem.

Edit: Figured I should mention - it happened like four or five times in a row before I decided to exit out of the legacy lot. She had thus far gotten no payments. I heard something about shop lifters in OFB, so I went into a premade lot in the town to test it, and sure enough, they don't pay there either! So it's not just the one lot.

AFAIK it's not actually shoplifting - the customers' motives get too low so they automatically leave the lot. They usually come back after a while and pay. But in your case, because they're all somehow getting pushed off the lot prematurely, it sounds like borked mods. While you're sorting that out, I suggest getting SimWardrobe's frozen customer fix (check my signature - it's under Fixes) because the cash register animation sometimes gets stuck otherwise.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#11127 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 5:07 AM
Yes, providing means to fill needs and having a good environment score will keep customers on the lot longer.

I've also seen sims who would otherwise just be walk-bys pick up merchandise after having been greeted leave without paying. I no longer greet sims at open home businesses unless they've actually entered the building or are outside with the customer sales bar over their heads. That stopped most of the shoplifting at home businesses for me.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11128 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 5:18 AM
I have never seen that many up and leave. They do occasionally leave without paying but they should turn back up again bag in hand, so not so much shoplifting as taking a while to pay. Reminds me of solicitors, quick to charge and slow to pay.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11129 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 5:42 AM
In my experience, sims who have taken merchandise without paying (usually because the playable visiting the lot leaves) will line up at the cash register to pay for it first thing next time they're on the lot.

When building a hotel, what is necessary apart from the Solidity doors and a concierge desk? I made an Infirmary for the Burning Robot festival, where sims who are suffering heat stroke etc. from sleeping in the campgrounds can check in to sleep more comfortably, and built the rooms on the same principle as little aparments. "Changelotzoning lodging" doesn't cause it to register as a hotel, however, and visiting playables are not greeted by a concierge, bellhop, or maid. The playtesting sim got the option to "check in" at the concierge desk, though being already checked in at a camp ground he couldn't actually do so.

I can't think of anything that I always see in hotels apart from the desk and the doors. Is there an existing thread on the subject of making hotels (apart from gazania's adventures with freezing housekeepers)? I'll get and post a screenshot of the floorplan tomorrow if I need to, but I'm hoping I've overlooked something obvious that people will know off the top of their heads.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#11130 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 6:58 AM
That's odd. Do you have any mods that prevent townies/NPCs from spawning? That would be my first guess.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#11131 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 7:23 AM
Try the cheat "changelotzoning hotel'' instead of lodging. The lot type is lodging, but they made the cheat non-intuitive.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11132 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 7:44 AM
My game is 'Changelotzoning hotel' One way seems to work for some people and the other way for others.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11133 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 3:22 PM
When I changed the campsites, I tried "hotel" first and it didn't work. I tried "lodging" and it did. So it didn't occur to me to try "hotel" again. It would be just like the weird way tech works around me for the types of lodging to need different code! I'll give it a shot when I open the game later today.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#11134 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 7:52 PM
I'm planning on doing a week in 2 rotations with my megahood, from Monday morning-Thursday morning and next rotation Thursday morning-Monday morning. And a Uni rotation will take place during one rotation. I was thinking in order to keep the days of the week straight when Sims have their University time during the Monday-Thursday rotation they'd have to move back in with their previous family or some family, so as to not get out of sync. However I have the Sim Manipulator and I know it can change day of week and time but i've never used that option...googling it I see when it turns to midnight that day it should not go back to the day it was supposed to be, which is good. Has anyone used the Sim Manipulator to change the day of the week? Does it work like it's supposed to and won't cause problems?

My Simblr
He/They
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11135 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 10:30 PM
Question, I went to add a Downtown to Coral Bay *gasp* yes. But the pre-made Downtown is not there. Now I did this set up about 3 years ago and my memory is shot, so I am guessing that I took away the maxis template because I didn't want all those downtownies. Now if I go ahead and make myself a custom downtown, will it come with Crumplebottom and the vampires? Again I will guess yes but I want to know for sure before I go ahead and start on this. I want them by the way, I miss Crumplbutts lovely face. Actually is there a ready made one that I could download? I don't mind a few sims but I don't want it overrun with them.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11136 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 10:35 PM
Mrs. Crumplebottom is a Universal, remember. You can't really get rid of her.

Unless you repress spawning, you'll get vampires and other normal downtownies generated over time. You might even get all the Tricous (including dead ones).

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11137 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 10:40 PM
I know she is universal that's why I am guessing she will be there, I just wanted confirmation. I have the no respawn mods otherwise Coral Bay would have been full of townies. I also have the mod that stops too many NPC's.

So any good Downtowns to download?

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11138 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 10:52 PM
If you want an empty one, Bigg City is available on SFS, because I knew people who wanted the empty version, but wanted to upload the empty and populated versions at the same time. ( http://simfileshare.net/download/207580/ )
Emerald Heights comes in more than one Downtown version, too. http://modthesims.info/d/584335

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11139 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 11:47 PM
Any pictures around of BiggCity? Emerald Heights might be more the thing since it's still coastal like Coral Bay. Thanks

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11140 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 11:53 PM
Emerald Heights is very well-designed and well-made.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11141 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 12:01 AM
I think I'll try that empty version. So DEH4 into Program Files NeighbourhoodTemplate folder. Having no CC is a good thing, I vowed no more until I get my upgrade.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11142 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 12:05 AM
Perhaps a WCIF?

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#11143 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 1:25 AM
Emerald Heights is an excellent choice and I do not wish to deter you from using it, but since you asked, I do have a few pictures of Bigg City on the tumblr post where I put the link to the SFS download.
http://penig.tumblr.com/post/158977...-i-got-to#notes

I promise the houses are better than the ones in Widespot; but I will not pretend to have built anything like the number or variety of lots that the various contributors to Emerald Heights put together. It's quite the place!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11144 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 2:06 AM
Well, I have installed Emerald Heights, but that's not to say I can't also install and take a look at Bigg City as well.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11145 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Emerald Heights is an excellent choice and I do not wish to deter you from using it, but since you asked, I do have a few pictures of Bigg City on the tumblr post where I put the link to the SFS download.
http://penig.tumblr.com/post/158977...-i-got-to#notes

I promise the houses are better than the ones in Widespot; but I will not pretend to have built anything like the number or variety of lots that the various contributors to Emerald Heights put together. It's quite the place!

I think I have room for a third downtown in my hood. So much for the "no more subhoods" thing...at least this one isn't populated.

Forum Resident
#11146 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 5:57 AM
Okay, this is gonna sound stupid, but that's what this thread is for, right? I've never installed a Custom Neighborhood before. (If it isn't clear, I'm installing the Main Hood.)

I pasted the SC4Terrains folder contents into my EA Games/The Sims 2(insert TM mark here) Ultimate Collection/SC4Terrains and the Neighborhoods's N555 folder into Neighborhoods. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but it's not even showing up in my Main Menu's Neighborhoods list. When I hit Create Custom Neighborhood, the terrain shows up.

I thought, 'oh, didn't realize you have to put in lots yourself', and checked the Lots but there's no custom Lots in there so... yeah. I'm 99% sure that's not how it works though, lol.

...help?

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11147 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 6:42 AM
Want to drop in a link?

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#11148 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 7:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Want to drop in a link?

Sure! It's this one: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=570309

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11149 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 7:53 AM
Well, it sounds correct, have you checked that all the files are in the correct spot? I wonder if instaling is slightly different with the UC.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11150 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 11:38 AM
No, it should have worked. Let's review. You know, I wonder. If it's a neighborhood, as opposed to just a terrain, I don't separate them out. I plunk all the files down into the neighborhood folder. Try that.

And now for my stupid question. How hard is it to create an uberhood. I have a fabulous one that Marka made for me. But, I would like to add Old Town to it.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Page 446 of 1346