Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 8:02 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Multiple Glitches Leading To Blocky Sims?

I have recently gotten back into The Sims 3. I have all EPs except for World Adventures and Into The Future. When I first played, everything was fine. I installed a few CC items (a couple hairs and a few clothes) and I had one female human sim and one dog. The sim wore the CC just fine. Then, I downloaded Ambitions and I think this is when it started to happen. I created a new household. Two adults, one male and one female. Both only had CC hairs and some CC makeup. I put them into a house in Starlight Shores. Then, they got pregnant and I tried adopting a cat. The social worker would never show up. At that point I thought something was odd. I have NRaas's main mods (Master Control, Overwatch, Story Progression) and I tried to reset the town, lot and even did a Total Annihilation. Still no social worker. But then my sims would randomly look very blocky, glitches out, and not rendered right. I have no clue if this corresponds with the social worker incident or CC or Ambitions. My graphics for my sim details are high. Texture details are medium and most other graphic settings are either medium or high. I have resetted the town and my sims many times but it doesn't do much. And if it does make them look normal again, they will return to looking all weird and creepy not too long after. When they leave the lot, they also return to their home invisible. I have checked that glitch out as well but it seems to be just having more than one sim and in this world the invisible glitch happens as well. I have no clue if any of these weird glitches connect at all. I have been looking around many posts and sites and none are doing any good. I hope someone can help me. I am willing to do anything to try and fix this without logging off, logging back into the game and exiting only ten minutes later due to the look.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 8:42 PM
Sounds normal to me, assuming there is a correlation between you zooming out or moving around the camera and your Sims temporarily becoming blocky.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 11:08 PM
Did you know that there is someone who looks just like you with exactly the same problem (and the same blocky sim) over here?
http://modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?t=597066

Spooky...