Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 5:52 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Pets, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default .Package/Sims3Pack problems on Mac.
Hello! To start this off, I'm going to say that this is my first forum thread, so if this is in the wrong place, please let me know! Also -- I am NOT computer savvy whatsoever, so I do ask that you explain things in plain and simple English, please!

Anywho, here's my problem, starting with the Sims3Packs. Ever since I've started to download CC, I've only had a few Sims3Pack items actually show up in game, and that was probably about a year ago (Yes, I'm just now seeking my own help). One was a lot, and two were store items -- Riverview and some Toyota Hybrid car pack (not exactly sure of it's name!). I have since removed them all during a complete CC restart a while back. I honestly have no clue how or why they worked, but nothing else has since. Here's what happens; I'll download a Sims3Pack file, whether it be a lot, world, clothing, etc. I then either deposit it into my Downloads folder or go straight to the launcher. Then, I'll click the install button, it will install and show that the download was successful, and everything seems fine, right? Nope. I go in-game, search everywhere for my new object(s), and nothing's there. It happens every. single. time.

I've tried so many things to fix this: emptying caches/thumbnails, creating a new game folder, deleting .package files (which all seem to work - most of the time, which I'll explain later in the post). I have yet to uninstall/reinstall yet, because I was hoping to not have to. I've even tried Delphy's Multi-Extractor, but that doesn't work either (Though this may be due to me struggling to set up Mono... Yeah, I'm that dumb with computers.) I honestly don't know what to try anymore, and there's so much CC that I would love to have, but nope - won't work for me.

Next, the packages. For the most part, I've had very little trouble with .packages. They all seemed to work fine, up until recently. Some did cause a black screen before the game even loaded, but I assumed it was just bad CC. Lately, I haven't been able to use hardly anything. I'll download the file, place it in the mods folder, load up the game, and I'll get the black screen that never loads (I let it sit for three hours while in other tabs once.) I've been able to successfully download/install some .package files here in there, but not many. Thinking that my computer simply couldn't handle any more, I went through and deleted a good amount of unused files, and tried again. Still hardly any luck - and same with .sim files. Also, my game has been freezing and lagging quite often, with the occasional crash as well. This may just be a case of some bad CC, but who knows with Macs... -.-

Here are my 13" Macbook Air Specs:

Processor 1.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)
251 GB Flash Storage

Also;

I am patched up to 1.67 and all mods are updated.
If you need more information, please ask. I'm really hoping someone will be able to help.
Please excuse any lack of explanation, as I am typing this very late (you could say 'early') my time.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 1:44 AM
Update: I opened my game for the first time in a few days - note that I have not added any new cc, expansions, etc. since - and now my games refuse to save. It'll start to, but then the circle will stop moving and nothing happens; I let it sit for a half hour and nothing worked. Yay me.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 12:40 AM
Anyone? :/

I got my games to save, but still no sims3packs will work. If anyone needs more info, I'll gladly give it to you...