Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#126 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 3:01 AM
Microsoft Defender detected this as a virus and now it won't let me use it. I tried to find add an exception but I couldn't find that anywhere. I'm running Windows 10. Oh and it crashes when I tried to inject the exe file.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#127 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 3:16 AM
Hm, that's odd. You can't redownload it and add the exception? Or add an entire folder as an exception and then download the file into that folder? It'll be an issue related to either the EXE files or the DLL attached to it.
I have a preset that bypasses the Reshade tool and works fully standalone. What you can do is, you can try it out and see if it works. If it does, it's most likely in the EXE but if it doesn't, it's in the DLL.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#128 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Hm, that's odd. You can't redownload it and add the exception? Or add an entire folder as an exception and then download the file into that folder? It'll be an issue related to either the EXE files or the DLL attached to it.
I have a preset that bypasses the Reshade tool and works fully standalone. What you can do is, you can try it out and see if it works. If it does, it's most likely in the EXE but if it doesn't, it's in the DLL.

Never mind I got it to work. I didn't click virus and threat protection where add an exception is located. I'm testing out the shaders on Sims 2 now before I try 3.
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I did too, and it crashed my game to the desktop. I've also had to completely reinstall TS2.

yeah at first it did that to me at first then I realize I havn't exacly put reshader link to Sims 2 latest expasion pack exe so, em yeah.
Mad Poster
#130 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 4:07 PM
I don't know if I've ever posted here about this fucking headache of mine, but I've been dealing with some crap related to Reshade for a whole year now. It won't read my depth buffer anymore.
I've tried just about everything from reinstalling Reshade, changing every setting three times over, asking for help on the Reshade forums and nothing's helped. So I let it slide for a while and accepted that it was broken. But now I'm missing my fancy effects too much so I'm willing to fight it again.

What in the absolute hell is happening? If you look closely you can see that Reshade renders the effect from UNDER the game world. It's not applying effects to what the game camera sees, but an entirely different point of view?! And why is it only rendering in the top left corner of the screen? I'm clueless. The folks who make Reshade know everything about their tool but nothing about TS3. You guys know about TS3, and probably a fair bit about Reshade when asked. Please let me know, this has been going on for ages and I can't let it go.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#131 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 6:30 PM
Has anyone tried the new Marty McFly raytracing Reshade?
Forum Resident
#132 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 8:16 PM
Me! I'll post screenshots when I get to my computer.
Mad Poster
#133 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 8:29 PM
Well damn it's been well over a year since I started having those issues with TS3......they started gradually, for some reason. And despite my posts about it on the Reshade community, no one has ever acknowledged the problem. Who's a man got to pay to get his dumb software issues solved?

insert signature here
Forum Resident
#134 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 8:41 PM Last edited by simmythesim : 16th Jun 2019 at 9:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Well damn it's been well over a year since I started having those issues with TS3......they started gradually, for some reason. And despite my posts about it on the Reshade community, no one has ever acknowledged the problem. Who's a man got to pay to get his dumb software issues solved?

Isn't the upside down depth buffer caused by rendering the world a second time for reflections? You could probably turn that off and it should work properly.

Anyways, here are some screenshots!
Mad Poster
#135 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 9:13 PM
So what you're saying is that I need to turn reflections off and I'll be golden? That'd be a great idea if it didn't disable reflections for me. Still worth trying, since I don't think I've tried.

Also I can't help but feel this filter is like a weird, useless version of bloom. It doesn't really have the sort of mind-boggling effect you'd hope for.

insert signature here
Forum Resident
#136 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 9:23 PM Last edited by simmythesim : 16th Jun 2019 at 9:34 PM.
So what you're saying is that I need to turn reflections off and I'll be golden? That'd be a great idea if it didn't disable reflections for me. Still worth trying, since I don't think I've tried.

Also I can't help but feel this filter is like a weird, useless version of bloom. It doesn't really have the sort of mind-boggling effect you'd hope for.

Yeah, I was disappointed too, to be honest. I have been thinking of a way of making a better version, though.
Mad Poster
#137 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 9:58 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 16th Jun 2019 at 10:42 PM.
Definitely not too much of an impact, but that was to be expected as it just adds some additional bounce light and darkens the center of shaded areas.

How does it look indoors and in outdoors shaded spaces?
Field Researcher
#138 Old 17th Jun 2019 at 10:03 AM
Wait, it is available to the public? I can only find links to his patreon
Mad Poster
#139 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 7:04 PM
Not to draw premature conclusions or anything but I turned reflections off and it hasn't gone all fuckular on me yet. And since it only affects mirrors and water, I reckon it won't be much of a pain in the ass for me.

insert signature here
Test Subject
#140 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 4:08 PM
Hey not sure if I missed it or not, but how do I get rid of the text at the top left while in my game? please step by step cause I'm an idiot lol!
Mad Poster
#141 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 4:21 PM
Should disappear within a second or 10. It's part of the shader DLL and can't easily be disabled.....if it isn't disappearing, I guess it's broken in some way.

insert signature here
Test Subject
#142 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 7:04 AM
Should disappear within a second or 10. It's part of the shader DLL and can't easily be disabled.....if it isn't disappearing, I guess it's broken in some way.

Thank you
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 8:08 PM
Quote:
Give ReShade Assistant administrator privileges:
Right-click > ReShade Assistant.exe > Properties > Compatibility > Change settings for all users > Run this program as an administrator > Apply > OK

Where is the ReShade Assistant.exe? I've looked everywhere and I can't find it.
Mad Poster
#144 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 3:35 AM
Oh god damn, the depth buffer issues are back. Disabling the reflections worked for a bit but now it's all gone back to being terrible. Much like the first time I started getting these issues, time seems to be a factor. As in, it gets worse the longer I play. I can't for the life of me explain this, especially since I've never heard of anyone else having these issues.

I can play the game just fine without.....but it doesn't look as good and that annoys the crap out of me.

insert signature here
Page 6 of 6