Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

New Creator Theme: Elders! - posted on 1st Sep 2018 at 11:43 AM
Replies: 9 (Who?), Viewed: 2142 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 1:47 AM
Default Sims 3 Bug or Bad CC Causing weird Descriptions?
Uh, I dont know if this is all that bad but, whenever I go to my different worlds and change lots in world edit, I can see LOBSTER... YUM! as the lot description. I've noticed it also does this when I place a lot downloaded from the internet (lets say any lot from tsr, tumblr, or even the xchange). Everytime I place a lot, or click on a pre-existing lot in the world, i see the lot description as lobster...yum! I was wondering if this may be due to a bug, virus, bad cc... Has this happened to anyone else?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 7:22 PM
I've never seen that issue but have you tested your game by resetting it back to factory settings? By renaming or moving your whole sims 3 game folder to the desktop and then running the game to see if the problem is still there?
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/0...installing.html

The New Home of the Mass Effect and Dragon Age Fans: http://bsn.boards.net/ Are you there yet?
My Homepage: Shadow City Sims 3
My Music Videos: PolarDove's Channel
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 10:03 PM
I had the same problem with a juice cup and apparently this once happened with an Nraas Mod once too with other strings. Apparently it happens when there is a mistake in a script mod, so that the string is not properly attached to the mod only. While annoying, I don't think you have to panic over it. Just look through your Mods and find out which one has the Lobster String, there is a mistake in that one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 11:52 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, I'll take a look into my mods!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 5:22 PM
Apologies for necroposting, but I have been having this exact same issue. The "Lobster Yum" is overwriting ALL the names and descriptions for all my lots, and it's driving me nuts.

@KittyTheSnowcat, what do you mean when you say "look through your mods and find out which one has the lobster string"? Do you mean to look through the STBLs and look for the exact text that is the problem (that is to say, "Lobster... YUM!")? If not, is this a problem that happens when files are merged improperly? And you mentioned a juice cup... that would seem to conflict with your assertion that scripting mods are the cause here, because in that case, it sounds like it could be any package file. I would really appreciate a much more specific description of what is wrong, how to fix it, or both.
Instructor
#7 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 8:11 PM
I know this is a real bug, and probably not funny to the people who are dealing with it, but this was honestly HILARIOUS to me... I want that bug..lmao
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 6:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simsdestroyer
I know this is a real bug, and probably not funny to the people who are dealing with it, but this was honestly HILARIOUS to me... I want that bug..lmao


LOL, I know what you mean. It doesn't help that this bug happened for me in a New England-themed coastal town, with an actual lobster joint.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 6:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonsthings
Apologies for necroposting, but I have been having this exact same issue. The "Lobster Yum" is overwriting ALL the names and descriptions for all my lots, and it's driving me nuts.

@KittyTheSnowcat, what do you mean when you say "look through your mods and find out which one has the lobster string"? Do you mean to look through the STBLs and look for the exact text that is the problem (that is to say, "Lobster... YUM!")? If not, is this a problem that happens when files are merged improperly? And you mentioned a juice cup... that would seem to conflict with your assertion that scripting mods are the cause here, because in that case, it sounds like it could be any package file. I would really appreciate a much more specific description of what is wrong, how to fix it, or both.


Actually I just meant: Think about what Mods you have and which ones would add a (probably) Moddlet called Lobster Yum and if it really annoys you get rid of that one..
In my case it was custom beverages by Arsil and he fixed the mistake already.
here are the Threads on Nraas where I asked about it:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/share/view/79545830
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/share/view/80782395
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 9:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyTheSnowcat
Actually I just meant: Think about what Mods you have and which ones would add a (probably) Moddlet called Lobster Yum and if it really annoys you get rid of that one..
In my case it was custom beverages by Arsil and he fixed the mistake already.
here are the Threads on Nraas where I asked about it:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/share/view/79545830
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/share/view/80782395


Thank you for the explanation, that cleared things up much more. I was already doing the 50 / 50 elimination of CC to isolate the problem... took me a couple of days, but I eventually pinpointed it as a deco version of the EA Lobster Fish, by Zedrael.

I didn't want to get rid of the item entirely (as it was somewhat crucial to a lot I was working on), but I went in the package file and deleted all the STBLs and that seemed to solve the problem. Now the item is probably lacking a description and title in the catalog, but it still has its icon, and I can find it using the data provided in the OBJD if all else fails.

Thank you everyone for your support and input.
Back to top