Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 10:48 PM
Default How to Enable NPC's in Non-Active Households to Clean and Repair their Homes? (NRAAS mods context)
Every-time I visit an NPC lot/house it is in a state of filth, with piles of dirty laundry and broken appliances spewing water everywhere. After a search, my problem is most likely generated by NRAAS (Twllan's) Story Progression which "disabled" EA's system that automatically cleans up non-active households at set intervals. I understand this was for realism as homes that nigh instantaneously "poof' into a state of cleanliness was unbalanced considering the effort an active household has to go through to keep their own home clean. So, to take this "realism" a step further, how does one set NPC's to regularly and autonomously do the necessary household chores to keep their places tidy and puddle-free? I've got the NRAAS Master Controller, Overwatch, Story Progression, and Retuner mods. What should I tweak?

However, if setting npc behavior to give them a rhythm of cleaning and repairing is too big a strain on the game, how do I revert to EA's system? Specifically, where ONLY NPC household lots (NOT the player's) will automatically clean and repair themselves at a certain time each day.

Thanks for any assistance...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 12:12 AM
The underlying issue here is that inactive households tend to go into states of hibernation with the game itself taking care of their basic needs when they aren't part of the current activity and they aren't working, going to school, being pushed to community lots, or our own sims are not visiting and therefore are not "lot greeted" on their homes. So the sims who live there tend to stand still and stare at the walls when they aren't doing anything else so therefore do not have a chance to do housework or repair appliances even if they would like to. This state of semi-hibernation thing was imposed by EA early on around the time of the WA patches to help save on processor power.

One approach is to periodically open these lots up so their inhabitants become animated where they otherwise wouldn't be. NRaas > MC > Open on the lot menu will do this. I wouldn't recommend MC Opening too many lots all at once though, as that will drag down the game's performance. How many is too many will vary by player system and world, but maybe no more than 5 or 10 at a time? It's also fun to focus the game camera on such inactives and snoop on the neighbors if one has time. When a game session ends, all lots Opened this way will automatically Close for the next session or they can be MC > Closed by player command mid-stream.

The NRaas HomeOpener mod will Open all inactive residential lots at once and keep them Open all of the time. While that's fun too, I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a fairly small resident population. Note that if you do try out the HO mod and then remove it, the residences it affected will remain Open and MC must be used once each to Close them up again.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 5:48 AM
While it make sense that a semi-hibernating sim won't clean a mess...it is not possible to even make that mess. This is what i do not get...how can a sim break something if they aren't using anything.
That plate of food must be there since ages...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 6:19 AM Last edited by igazor : 16th Jul 2017 at 6:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
While it make sense that a semi-hibernating sim won't clean a mess...it is not possible to even make that mess. This is what i do not get...how can a sim break something if they aren't using anything.
That plate of food must be there since ages...

The clothes piles would be from when they materialized and then changed to go to work/school or outdoors in cold weather. And they would likely be animated long enough after coming home to change back. At least one of them may be animated in there long enough to use an appliance, which will stand a chance of breaking after x number of uses no matter how brief.

I don't usually see plates of food scattered around unless my sims had been over to visit recently. But it's possible that the semi-hibernation scheme is not 100%, all of the time. Sometimes when I hover over their lot tags using NRaas Tagger, I do occasionally see sims doing things according to the mod reporting on their action queue. It doesn't take much to produce a mess over time if their pixels don't stay held together long enough to clean them up along the way.

On the clothes again, these work well in inactives' homes as well as active ones. Not the same as actually doing the laundry, but these make it easier for them and maybe they can catch up later.
http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...te/uploads/2266
Mad Poster
#7 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 7:21 AM
Sorry, I didn't realize we were going to get so philosophical here or I would have prepared myself better for this thread...by running away from it, most likely.