Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 11:33 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 8th Oct 2017 at 6:08 PM. Reason: re-categorizing!

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Default How to let sims live without my intervention
I really want to just leave my sims alone while I go about my day. I love coming back to check on them and see what nonsense they have gotten up to. Only problem is that their day freezes whenever I get pop ups! Like, "Its so and so's birthday!" and then I have to click okay and choose some traits. or "So and So met this other sim at work should they work together or not!?" and then I have to choose work together or Fight. You know. stuff like that!

but I want to leave my sims on their own! I want them to choose to get married or break up or... get pregnant !! But mostly I just want the pop ups to go away so I can come back and see that my sims have been living their lives without me.

anyone have any idea how I can make that happen?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 2:22 AM
Not sure what the exact trick is to suppress the in-game dialog boxes involving player choices, but some have managed to make this work. Most report back that their sims die, or suffer enough to come close to it, when left on their own for that long. Others may have different opinions, but my sense is that the game really isn't conducive to hands-off, total no player involvement at all for very long periods.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 6:08 PM