Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 14 (Who?), Viewed: 672 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 4:41 AM Last edited by amaxtx : 16th Jan 2018 at 6:37 PM.
Default SOLVED 7 floors + a foundation??? HOW ON EARTH IS THIS POSSIBLE?!
I am so lost... I keep trying to figure this out and I am just lost...
This is hurting my brain. Can someone please explain this amazingness to me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1Tr9pgf12k
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 4:57 AM
The person who posted this left this in the comments which don't seem to help me much...

"Just use some cheats like "testingcheatsenabled true" then "constrainfloorelevation false" then "placefriezes on" then add 5 floors, then add a manstandard roof then get rid of the roof, add a foundation and then you should be able to move the walls towards the edges"
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 6:10 AM
Though I didn't watch this video, but I'm assuming this is the same technique many people have used to create TS3 skyscrapers. So if you google or find in youtube - TS3 skyscrapers, you will find a lot more videos and tutorials to show you how to do this.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 1:49 PM
Yeah, but those windows though. Can't do that through regular CFE.

Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88 - it's the hottest new show on YT this season!
Already renewed for '89!

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#5 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 2:24 PM
No, it's not the same technique as changing the height of an existing floor with cfe. It exploits a bug where you can use mansard roofs to create full, usable floors. Here is another tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQJPqM0tEF0
A creator who offers several of these houses is Onyxium at TSR.
dodgy builder
#6 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 3:02 PM
Interesting video Norn, but it looks to me like that house has been built in the basement. It has foundations around the edges of the lot, and that makes it look like it's all on the same floor. There is also a technique in ts3, making it possible to open up the ground to reveil the basement floors.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#7 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 4:08 PM
Volvenom, that techique uses basements (with the basement tool), not foundations. Watched the OP's video again but I still think it used the mansard-roof technique (they even state it in their comment).
It would be interesting though to see if you can combine those two methods but as far as I know basements count as floor level, too. Or not? Can you have unlimited number of basement levels?
Site Helper
#8 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 5:27 PM
You can have 5 basement tool levels, although if you are very careful (And lucky) you can have a 6th basement level by starting the foundation-basement method for the top basement, then adding a basement tool basement under that level BEFORE adding in the wall and foundation around the edges.

A foundation basement counts as a floor, but I do know that you can put a mansard roof on top of a building that has both kinds of basement. (It was a perfect spot for the telescope, the easel, and practicing the guitar. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 6:08 PM
I can tell that they lowed the ground floor into the basement using the foundation (Note the grass inside the "1st" floor). I know how to do that. But that does count as a floor. So we can only build 4 floors on top of that. But adding the mansard thingy can add another unusable floor. So that brings us back to 5 plus foundation level. That makes 6 total. This thing is 8 floors total. LOOK AT THAT TOWER ON THE RIGHT SIDE! How the hell.... This isn't floor elevation cheats. Look closely and there is a grid outside the walls on EVERY level. And also notice that the tip-top floor (the tower on the right) also has flooring and fencing on top of it. So that tells me that the top roof level and the floor under it (the 4x4 tower) is the "useless floor" So where do the other floors come from? She said in the comments that she uses the placefriezes cheat. I don't know how that would help. I can make friezes on top of a 5 floor home and use CFE to make it a normal floor hight. But that just gives me 6 total floors and the top one is not usable. And I cannot but a mansard roof on top of that. Infact... I cannot put anything on top of it. And if I do that with a foundation that foundation just takes up one of the floors from my total 6. I cannot see how to get past 6.
dodgy builder
#10 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 6:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn
Volvenom, that techique uses basements (with the basement tool), not foundations. Watched the OP's video again but I still think it used the mansard-roof technique (they even state it in their comment).
It would be interesting though to see if you can combine those two methods but as far as I know basements count as floor level, too. Or not? Can you have unlimited number of basement levels?


You can have 5 above ground and 5 below I think. it may have used that technique, but it still look to me like it's a drop in level by the house. I think the foundation is just there to hide the drop, to my knowledge, it can't follow down, but you can use walls of course.



As you can see in my red ring, the grid lines indicate an exposed level below ground. In the tutorial it was a point about not using 8 floors, because sims would crash.

Thinking about it though, it doesn't need to be a basement of course. It can be just a drop with terrain.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 6:13 PM
Norn I just saw your post. That has GOT to be it. I am going to try it out!
dodgy builder
#12 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 6:21 PM
It's still a bit funny though. I mean using so much time figuring out cfe and cheat with roofs, and not bothering with a real screen capture program
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 6:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
It's still a bit funny though. I mean using so much time figuring out cfe and cheat with roofs, and not bothering with a real screen capture program


I just took like 20 screenshots and I'm too lazy to put them up lol. But Norn's link was 100% right. But here is the thing... The top 3 floors cannot have walls inside. They can have fences and objects and stairs and elevators but not walls because they are "foundations." But... I have columns that look like walls. And I can place them. That will take a zillion years and lag my game I'm sure. But if the upper 3 levels are really just roofing and towers then I am fine with that. Or just small single rooms that don't need walls inside anyways.

Thanks so much for yall's help guys. This made my day!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 6:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
You can have 5 above ground and 5 below I think. it may have used that technique, but it still look to me like it's a drop in level by the house. I think the foundation is just there to hide the drop, to my knowledge, it can't follow down, but you can use walls of course.



As you can see in my red ring, the grid lines indicate an exposed level below ground. In the tutorial it was a point about not using 8 floors, because sims would crash.

Thinking about it though, it doesn't need to be a basement of course. It can be just a drop with terrain.



The basement level is just a foundation with the ground lowered. Takes away from the total count. But I looked at Norn's link and that basement just drops the house down lower really. It's not needed to make it "look" like another floor. It was just added because the builder wanted it. I built up to 8 and stopped because I don't want to break my game or anything.
dodgy builder
#15 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 8:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaxtx
I just took like 20 screenshots and I'm too lazy to put them up lol. But Norn's link was 100% right. But here is the thing... The top 3 floors cannot have walls inside. They can have fences and objects and stairs and elevators but not walls because they are "foundations." But... I have columns that look like walls. And I can place them. That will take a zillion years and lag my game I'm sure. But if the upper 3 levels are really just roofing and towers then I am fine with that. Or just small single rooms that don't need walls inside anyways.

Thanks so much for yall's help guys. This made my day!


You mean you get a error message when trying to put in walls?
Back to top