Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 8:39 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Corrupt Files - Reason 'Peggy'?
Let's begin here, with why I'm not just accepting this whole problem. I have 57,971kb of Package hairs, from varying sources that I don't feel like tracking down. These were all in one merged .package file, last modified on the 10th of January, with the Dashboard tool run immediately after merging them.
But today, after finishing removing .zip files from my downloads, I ran Dashboard. It had several files that claimed themselves to be broken, meaning Dashboard couldn't open them, but they were all pet markings. But the non-corrupt 'Hairs' file came up saying it was corrupt.
I backed up my files, threw the packages into my Documents, and disabled the files.
But the reason for the Dashboard finding it as a Corrupt file confuses me. Other content said "Bad Ages" and threw it away, but the Hairs just said "Peggy" on it. I lost most of my Package clothes a little over two weeks ago to a similar issue, but it lacked a reason.

Is there something wrong with Peggy hairs, though? Something that only comes into play with a few particular conflicts?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 10:08 PM
When TS3 first came out, Peggy did some weird shit to her hairs. Like, no-one else could ever figure out how to edit or even read the files weird. She never explained what was going on and eventually started using the same methods everyone else uses, but those first hairs are what Dashboard is referring to.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 1:44 AM
It disabled the whole Package, though... And it's never picked it up before, either. Is something else going on with it, though? It just doesn't make sense-- I haven't picked up a Peggy file in over two months, more than fifteen runs of Dashboard. Why is it only picking it up now?