Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 4:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Multiple taxi's when sim returns from community lot
Sometimes when I have a sim return from a community lot there will be multiple taxis (between 2 and 6) and the sim never actually gets out of the taxi. Time slows right down but doesn't *stop* (other sims on the lot continue doing things) and the frame rate in live mode drops, but my game isn't laggy or have frame rate troubles in buy or build mode.

- I do not have community time by cboy installed
- I do have time controller by Chris Hatch (which might be the problem? I've taken it out for now, in case, but because the problem is intermittent I wont know if the problem is fixed for a while. I was hoping someone here can help me confirm the safeness or not of Time Controller cos I really like it.)

I've tried:
- force error > delete on the taxis makes them disappear but they reappear right after and sometimes *more* appear
- moving the sims out of the house, replacing the lot with a safe/clean back up and moving the sims back in fixes it.

The 'fix' I found (moving out and back in) isn't ideal because then I need to redecorate the house which is tedious. Its ok on round one, but once these sims have really settled into their homes and made them 'theirs' it will *really* suck.

Has anyone else had this problem? Can you offer any advice?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 5:07 AM
You can stop items being removed on move out with the stay things shrub from Simlogical.

It sounds like you have a hiccup with your portals. I don't know what to do about that except to check them with the portal revealer from here.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 10:29 AM
Thanks for the tip about the stay things shrub. For some reason I thought it only did fixtures (like lights and kitchen and bathroom stuff). I've installed it now.

Here's a picture of the craziness!
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 11:01 AM
You could try very carefully, one at a time removing and replacing them. The portal revealer thread also has buyable portals.

Make sure to click and select 'things stay on move out'.

Have you made sure it isn't cc first? make back up, remove your download folder, try playing it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 12:04 PM
Moving the lot will reset the portals. If possible, you could (***take the family out first and any gravestones***) move it to the lot bin and then place it back in the neighbourhood. Or, alternatively and safer, grab it with the move tool, latch it on to a road somewhere else then grab it and put it back where you got it from. Doing it via the lot bin is a more sure way of resetting portals though there is a slight risk when the lot has been lived in and you absolutely should not use that method with the family (and any gravestones) in residence.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 12:19 PM
I discovered that if I quit without saving and restart the game the problem goes away. (I don't know why I didn't try that first! Brain fart!).

I'm going to play on and if it happens again I'll take out my precious cc...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 12:26 PM
Grabbing the lot is a great idea. Much better than fluffing about with portals. Exiting without saving isn't kind of fix unless it's a once of occurrence.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#8 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 1:18 PM
That seems like the Lot Transitions Controller is resetting, it's the thing that generates the taxi.
When a liveable lot loads the Lot Transitions Controller checks with the Travel Controller to see if your sims are travelling by ownable car and if not it'll try to generate the vehicle from a travel token then delete the token, if it throws an error and restarts between generating the vehicle and deleting the token then it'll generate another vehicle.
I'd suggest if the problem continues try it with testing cheats on to see if there is an error, if so then posting the error log may shed some light on the cause.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 8:16 AM Last edited by kidhedera : 10th Feb 2018 at 10:44 AM.
Ok, so I've got a bit of an update.

Initially this problem occurred like 4 times in a few hours, so I thought it would happen again easily enough. So I followed the instructions Chris Hatch linked to (putting that package in my config folder, turning on testingcheats, clearing out my logs folder) and then backed up my neighbourhood so I could trash it to just try and make it recurr.
At this point TimeController was still uninstalled. I spent two hours just taking sims the problem had happened to before to community lots and trying to reproduce the issue. Nothing happened, so I put TimeController back in to see if the problem would recurr with it in. I spent several more hours just randomly choosing sim house holds and visiting every community lot I have in the game then returning home to see if the problem would pop up.

It didn't! So I gave up and decided to restore my back up and just go back to playing normally while I wait for the problem to happen again. The only glitch I've had is Gavin Newson didn't come home from work and I had to teleport him in and reset him. He seems fine now, though that meant he didn't get paid for a day of work.

So thats where I'm at now. I still don't know what caused it, but if I do have it happen again I should have an error log to supply and hopefully that will help narrow down what caused the problem in the first place.

EDIT: I finally had it happen again! I've attached the ObjectError log because I can't really figure out what it means. Do the contents of the logs mean anything to anyone else?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Logs.zip (25.7 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#10 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 1:06 PM
The error is coming from the 'Lot Transitions Controller', from the behave 'Sub - Link Passengers On Load' node 68 (0x44) which is an lua script call to 'Lot Transition - Is Token a Sim'.
The errors and the default M&G code are consistent which suggests it's not being overridden by a mod.
At that point it's testing the third 'singular lot token' found (Local 0 has a value of 3 in the error logs) and the error message is "You sent me a crappy GUID, please fix it." which means the code can't resolve a GUID.
The third 'singular lot token' in the error logs have a GUID of 0x0069CD03 which is definitely a custom token. The errors suggests no item by that GUID still exists so it's likely to be something you've removed.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 1:48 PM
Thanks for your help translating that for me Chris.

I'm not sure what I've removed, but the problem will be resolved for good when I scrap this neighbourhood. (Its just a testing neighbourhood).

I'm glad its not timecontroller! Thats a great mod, thanks for it.