Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 10:52 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Doors had not all the colors that they should have
I have the doors from this set http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=323765 and here http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=422089
And I have some recolors for the maxis double door. Normaly this doors I downloaded should take the color fom the maxis door. Problem: Not all the colors are there.
Example: The al wood colors from michelle are shown on these doors http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=601598 but the bohemian colors and the malm not. Why?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 12:33 AM
this pictures show clearer what I mean. In post one I forgot to show all the colors
As you can see the two doors I downloaded missing the malm and the bohemian colors
Screenshots
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 10:03 PM
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 8:03 AM Last edited by KaterMikesch77 : 11th Feb 2018 at 1:04 PM.
The recolors are not there. I have checked it twice. From the beginning to the end of the recolors. The bohemian and the malm colors are missing for both of the doors that i have downloaded. (So I have more colors for the maxis door as for the others)

Edit: I packaged a lot with the maxis door and the downloaded doors. As you can see on the picture, the downloaded doors are packaged with the lot. As normal, maxis door is not packaged, but the recolors from maxis door also not packaged with the lot. Normally the recolors go with the lot?

Edit: i load the game only with the doors and the recolors. its the same Bohemian and malm colors are missing.

Edit: I add the files in one folder (downloaded doors, recolors) If someone would take a look at it. Compare the recolors of the original maxis door with the two others. The bohemian and malm colors are missing. Please backup your files before trying anything.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Doors.rar (1.88 MB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#5 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 10:10 PM
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 3:35 PM
Oh, then there is nothing I can do :-(
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KaterMikesch77
Oh, then there is nothing I can do :-(

You should let the creators know about it, so they can fix it.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 7:47 PM
Oh. ok. i let @Michelle know. ;-)
Theorist
#9 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 12:45 AM
As you can see the two doors I downloaded missing the malm and the bohemian colors

I have no idea why all the recolours were not showing on the slaved doors. All the recolours were done at the same time and exactly the same way, so there should not have been a problem. I have redone the recolours and replaced the zip files HERE.

I packaged a lot with the maxis door and the downloaded doors. As you can see on the picture, the downloaded doors are packaged with the lot. As normal, maxis door is not packaged, but the recolors from maxis door also not packaged with the lot. Normally the recolors go with the lot?

Recolours of Maxis/EA objects do not normally show up with packaged lots. There is only one way to include the recolours in a package, that I know of, but I would not recommend it. The best thing to do is to add a separate zip file with any recolours needed when uploading a lot.
Screenshots

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#10 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Michelle
Recolours of Maxis/EA objects do not normally show up with packaged lots.

They do. All the time. All that you have in your downloads folder.
Theorist
#11 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
They do. All the time. All that you have in your downloads folder.

It surprises me to hear you say that as I've never had recolours of Maxis objects automatically show up in a packaged lot and never downloaded a lot with Maxis recolours included in it, only custom content. I've read a few threads over the years about it, including the ones HERE and HERE. If there is a fix for this can you please point me in it's direction.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 3:34 PM
Many thanks Michelle that you have redone the recolors. Now all the recolors show up for every door (pic 1) . Im very happy and thankful for that!

When i packaged the lot with the doors and the recolors , the recolors does not show up in the packaged lot (pic2) I don't know why, cause normaly when i packaged in game a lot, all things on the lot (objects, recolors, some hacks etc) are all going with the lot (pic 3)
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 3:36 PM
here you see that recolors go with the lot
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#14 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 5:19 PM
I think some of us, and that includes me, got confused. EA recolors won't show up in Clean Installer when you package a lot. We are talking about the recolors that are in the game.
What will show up and be included though, are the CC recolors that you would have for the item. You might only have used one, it does not matter. All of them will attache to your lot.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)