Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 8:08 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default I messed something up and need a replacement .txt file...
So, I was manually setting up the Scriptorium thing and unknowingly messed up my game by copying and pasting the Lighting.txt file from The Sims 2 base game files to the Mansion & Garden Stuff folders after reading a thread saying that's where the Scriptorium thingy needs to be if you have the collection. Short story short, I started my game and the ground was pretty much lava... The neighborhood view was as far as I got, but I'm sure I would've had the same problem if I actually started playing.

What I believe I need is a replacement for the Lighting.txt file located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\Lights

I know it's none of my mods causing the problem, because I started my game with all my mods in a completely different folder and the lava was still there... So if anyone with the Mansion & Garden Stuff pack can give me a copy of their Lighting.txt I'd be very grateful.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 8:58 AM
I am not sure why you installed the Scriptorium manually? I have the UC and it auto-installs perfectly with the Ultimate Collection.

The radiance mod is optional, but installed perfectly for me too.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 9:07 AM
If you deleted it, try looking in your recycle bin and clicking restore on it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 10:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
If you deleted it, try looking in your recycle bin and clicking restore on it.

I suspect that it was an overwrite, in which case it won't be in the recycle bin. Though that should always be tried first. It's also worth making a backup version of any file before tinkering with it. Copy and paste should be enough, though I usually then modify the file name and replace the " copy" at the end with a description of why I made the backup and/or the date.

M&G Lighting.txt file is in the attached RAR. It's never been edited, as I didn't use any lighting mods on this install of the game. Be aware that this is from the disk version of the game - it should be the same as the one in the UC, but as I don't have that I can't check. All other EPs and SPs except Store Edition were installed at the time M&G was added.

Having taken a quick look at the Lighting.txt file, it has seasons stuff all over it, so it's not surprising that replacing it with the base game version would break things rather badly.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  M&G_Lighting.rar (2.1 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by muridae
M&G Lighting.txt file is in the attached RAR. It's never been edited...

Having taken a quick look at the Lighting.txt file, it has seasons stuff all over it, so it's not surprising that replacing it with the base game version would break things rather badly.

Thanks a lot for the file, it really saved my game. Now my sims can walk around in peace, without having to jump around on furniture.

Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I am not sure why you installed the Scriptorium manually? I have the UC and it auto-installs perfectly with the Ultimate Collection.

The reason why I manually inputted Scriptorium is that the way I have my games set up, my Sims games are in the same area, so instead of going to the Sims 2 folder it all went into Sims 3 instead. I'm not sure why