Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 7:08 PM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 13th Feb 2018 at 1:54 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SOLVED - how to fix season length after breaking it?
I accidentally played with a mod that made seasons super long, over 80 days. I took that mod out but my game says 83 days left in summer. I thought seasons would go back to 5 days? Where is the current day and season length stored so I can fix this? Will it fix itself or is season length permanently borked now? Thanks for any help!

this doesn't look right... Is it spring? Is it summer? Why is it 83 days left when I took out the super long seasons mod???
I tried going to the season changer in game but that only changes what the current season is, not its length nor the current date.

edit: @lientebollemeis - Do you know if I can change the current date and season length after removing a seasons length mod? I accidentally used one of yours, the 1 real day one. You didn't do anything wrong, it was my mistake, just asking if you know how I can fix it. Thank you.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 8:23 PM
Maybe try the SimWardrobe season changer?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 8:32 PM
Indeed change the season with something like insiminator or sortlike. It should go back from 83 to 5 days the same it went from 5 to 90 days in the first place.
There's an age correcting mod so that sims don't need to grow up when changing the lifespan with a mod but I don't know if that works for seasons.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Field Researcher
#4 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 8:59 PM
Start by changing the season (to get the days left and active season consistent with each other) and then change the number of days in the season if you still have more than 5 days left in the season. The Simwardrobe Seasons and Weather Controller is what I've always used for that, but I know that the Sim Manipulator can do it as well.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 9:21 PM
Season jar should do it, I would try setting a season and set one day left, let it play and when it changes seasons I think it should go back to the normal length.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 1:54 AM
Thanks everyone! Season jar fixed it. :D

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes