Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 8:00 PM Last edited by DatGuyAron : 29th Jan 2018 at 8:02 PM. Reason: Minor grammar fixes

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Overrides folder not being recognized by the game. Like, at ALL.
Okay, so I have no idea how this happened but the mods in my Overrides folder are simply not loading. At all. My Framework is correctly installed, I have not modified the Resource.cfg file or anything like that. This is a major annoyance, especially since I have a bunch of store fixes there, and now, my store objects have become buggy again (well, at least some of them; some store objects aren't developed by a 3-year-old). Please help me!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 2:07 AM
You do have to change your Resource.cfg file found in your Mods folder for your Overrides folder to work properly. Below is an example of my file and all my files work. I have the last line because of where I keep my Mods. Inside my Mods folder I have 3 folders: Mods, Overrides, and Packages plus the Resource.cfg file. Inside the Packages folder I have 9 folders with downloads separated: 4to3, Baby, CAS, Defaults, Hair, Objects, Patterns, Sliders, Tester. You may organize differently. Hope this helps somewhat.
Priority 599
PackedFile Overrides/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/Mods/*.package
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammycat
You do have to change your Resource.cfg file found in your Mods folder for your Overrides folder to work properly. Below is an example of my file and all my files work. I have the last line because of where I keep my Mods. Inside my Mods folder I have 3 folders: Mods, Overrides, and Packages plus the Resource.cfg file. Inside the Packages folder I have 9 folders with downloads separated: 4to3, Baby, CAS, Defaults, Hair, Objects, Patterns, Sliders, Tester. You may organize differently. Hope this helps somewhat.
Priority 599
PackedFile Overrides/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/Mods/*.package

IT WORKS!!

Best Regards,
Aron
P.S. I am not affiliated or work for EA in any way, shape, or form, and all my fixes are from my personal experience. If you are having trouble with your game and I didn't help out, check out Crinrict's blog.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 2:01 PM
YAY! It's always fun to solve something so aggravating.